• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Strongest Characters for Every Tier 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I will ever get over the nonsensical notion that we treat "Uncountable" or "Countless" as something different from infinity.

Eh, theirs not really any high or low in uncountable, not unless you have proof of being uncountable×2 or whatever. By having a clear uncountable realm then having evidence of another uncountable realm outside it, generally because of having two separate uncountable multiverses.

It’s just a scaling chain, like everything else. You can have a scaling chain of 1,000 characters which the last one being able to oneshot each other, but if they’re still in finite infinity they’re still in finite infinity.

They are very blatantly different from it tho, especially if you know about how more advanced math works.
I have little comprehension of advanced mathematics, but to my knowledge - there are countable and uncountable infinities, not countless and infinite infinities.

But whatever the case, this is not true in the connotation of, "A number of x things".

Besides, our 2-B definition strictly states that it is for a finite amount of multiple universes only.

"2-B: Multiverse level
Characters who can significantly affect[1], create and/or destroy larger multiverses which comprise from 1001 to any higher finite amount of separate space-time continuum."

The fact that we consider "Countless universes" 2-B, and "Endless universes" 2-A is frankly weird.

In most contexts, when the word "countless" is used, it is a reference to a very large number that is too tedious to count (I.e: "The countless grains of sand", "The countless studs of cigarettes littered the floor", "The ground was painted in countless leaves", etc), not something that actually fits the definition of what the word means, which is infinite, as the words are synonymous with one another.

If you were given an infinite amount of time, an infinite life, and an infinite will to do so, you can count an infinite amount of numbers, that's a countable infinity (Again, no expert, this is only according to my limited and possibly incorrect knowledge about higher infinities). Saying something is "countless" means that no matter how much time is given, you can not count the number of x things because there is simply too great an amount, which would be beyond a countable infinity in the hypothetical situation I mentioned.

The word "countless" in most connotations is not referring to this however, it is taken as something that is "Seemingly Countless", but really isn't. When we refer to 2-B multiverses being "Countless level", we take it to mean that there are so many universes that it just seems countless, without actually being countless.

My problem with this is that words like "endless", "infinite", and "infinity" have the same usual exaggerated connotation that countless does (I.e: "The endless ocean", "the never-ending stench of eer wafted from his mouth", "the infinite amount of paperwork", etc)

However, we take all statements of "infinite universes" as to be just that, literally an infinite number of universes, and make the multiverse of any given series 2-A as a result.

The fact that we take "endless" or "infinite" universe statements as unquestionably 2-A, while all "countless" universe statements as unquestionably 2-B makes no sense. It should be viewed on a case-to-case basis since those words are synonymous with one another and both can and have been used interchangeably by authors before. The word "endless" is just as susceptible to being used as flowery language as the word "countless" is, but that doesn't mean that they mean different things when in the connotation of how many universes exist in the multiverse.

I feel i will soon be better than my own teachers about infinite things, i may be the best Brazilian in this area in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back