• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How was IoE usually shown to fight?
Fran's only real wincon would probably be to shut down its mind via Mind Lost.

It's a concept, it doesn't have a mind.

And it doesn't really fight, just manipulate the fate of humanity and causality.

I mean... if it doesn't have a mind how will it even fight? Like, how does it make decisions?
Or does it just... not? Does it just instinctively do the fate of humanity thing and not take actions otherwise?

I mean... if it doesn't have a mind how will it even fight? Like, how does it make decisions?
Or does it just... not? Does it just instinctively do the fate of humanity thing and not take actions otherwise?
Well I worded it badly, can she interact with abstracts?

Fran can't even interact with IoE, since it's a conceptual being and her NPI is limited to things made of mist.

IoE does have a mind, but it's not biological.
It pulls the strings of mankind's fate, while residing in a conceptual abyss where it sucks souls and turns them into nothingness.

Last edited:
Well I worded it badly, can she interact with abstracts?
She can't destroy concept, she can affect minds though. Most likely we are not talking biological minds either, given how most mind skills work with Master who has no brain.

Is the mind of an abstract entity more abstract than a normal non-physical mind?

That's a question to more experienced members when it comes to cosmology methinks

But I've heard many times that you need feats of affecting abstracts with anything to affect them

I mean, I guess if IoE makes good use of its power it wins anyway. Only if it doesn't fight properly this becomes an issue.

Fran can't even interact with IoE, since it's a conceptual being and her NPI is limited to things made of mist.

IoE does have a mind, but it's not biological.
It pulls the strings of mankind's fate, while residing in a conceptual abyss where he sucks souls and turns them into nothingness.
That's a good explanation of what it does

IoE controls causality, so it pretty much decides whatever happens to or Fran does.
Also, it resised in a highe plane of existence, normal beings can't see, perceive or even interact with it.
IoE is also surrounded by a vortex that consumes souls and turns them into nothingness.

Scaling I guess. Its tier is going to be most likely changed because there are revisions ongoing but he scales to some God Hand feat.

It can give power to material beings that accept to serve it, like the God Hand and Griffith, and are used to give it an hypotetical AP.

Welp, can IoE take the spot if it's a win for him or stomp? Some for recognition for Berserk would be sick

EDIT: Or rather, if the new tiering is rejected, but I doubt that.

IoE is the embodiment of a concept, right? And from what I heard, you'd need feats of affecting an abstract before you could do anything to them, otherwise it is NLF.

Since it seems that Fran can't really affect IoE, then it probably stomps.

Thanks for making the match. Once the new tiering is accepted I can argue for it being in 7-A because I see there are some free spots.

Aside from being able to affect conceptual entities, you aldo need some way to get around its causality and fate manipulation, otherwise IoE does pretty much what it wants with you. And you also need to avoid the soul deleting vortex that stands around it.

Back