• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 most poorly written characters for every Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh, this is gonna end badly.

AND I LIKE IT!!!!

AogiriKira...welcome to the Let it bur corner.

Anyway currently im gonna say maybe Leo (Armed With Wings) for 3-A. Although it's a given considering he gets like 20 min of screen time (1 single game).

Maybe if nothing good comes up for Edelweiss in the future she could make the list. It's not that she's poorly written it's just that she's portrayed as being "the peak of training", but her reason for picking up a sword and training was so that she wouldn't grow fat from eating too many sweets. It's just cringey, she started off as this badass af character, but has this really cringey backstory. Idk if that counts.

But really just about every Gakusen Toshi Asterisk should make the list. Since he's the only one who has a profile, Amagiri Ayato for 9-B.

• Thanos (Marvel Cinematic Universe) for 5-A. He was written so poorly!! He should have been as strong as he was in the comics and he got NERFED!!. His personality itself was good so he shouldn't be on the list for Low 6-B but the biggest problem was how the Russos severly him nerfed him with the gauntlet
  • Thor (MCU;Fat Thor) and Hulk (MCU) For Low 6-B.
We never saw Hulk being Hulk in endgame, we only saw Banner in a costume. I wanted to see him applying hulk's strength. Thor was a comedic joke and due to this he got a poorly made character ark

• Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) for 9-B. He was written like trash and due to this his acting, and the Amazing Spider-Man movies SUCKED
  • Steppenwolf for High 6-C. He ruined justice league with his horrible writing
  • Batman (DCEU) for Low 7-B. His personality just wasn't how Batman is supposed to be
  • Akuto Sai for all keys and Characters from the Masadaverse for every key
  • Daredevil (2003) for 9-B
  • Catwoman (2004) For 9-C
  • Captain Marvel (MCU) for her 3 keys. She is EASILY one of the worst characters in the MCU due to her horrible personality, character ark, and traits. And unlike Thanos, who's biggest problem is being treated as a joke in power (he has a good personality), Captain marvel suffers from being basically jesus who didn't deserve this due to the fact she had a bad character arc

How is Super Goku written worse than in other series?

Maybe because his alignment was changed from Neutral Good to Chaotic Neutral and his INT stat was reduced somewhat.

What do you mean by "his alignment was changed"? And his intelligence wasn't reduced, they're just writting him closer to how he was in the original manga.

They made him seem like a joke. You know something was wrong when CAPTAIN MARVEL was making thanos struggle

Also in Infinity war he pretty much won and wiped out 1/2 the universes population, how is that a joke?

There is more to a character then how strong they are.

00potato said:
They made him seem like a joke. You know something was wrong when CAPTAIN MARVEL was making thanos struggle

There is also something called being accurate to the comics, he was literally supposed to be the big bad of the MCU and if he was stronger the stakes and the battles would have been far greater

There is a lot more to how well a character is written than just how powerful they are. And to be frank, while he's not that impressive on the wiki, he is 100% depicted as being a powerhouse in the MCU. And while he struggled slightly with Captain Marvel, by just using the power stone he completely stomped her. Regardless of what way you look at it, this is a pretty silly argument to say that he's badly written.

Also, a metric ton of the MCU is not accurate to the comics for the pure sake of telling it's own stories. And the universal power of the Infinity Gauntlet, while not quite as absurd as it is in Marvel Comics, is still represented. If anything, I'd argue it's even better since the Infinity Gauntlet in Marvel Comics often seems as though it's used purely as a crux to make a character unbeatable.

I know it a joke

Not even close, the characters have a drive and motivation along with the development some have that makes it amazing to watch and when you expect more it is delivered.

Now, I would like to go in a big rant on how everything is amazing but Warren already did that and his posts were amazing (he also expressed himself better that I could ever hope to do).

There is also something called being accurate to the comics, he was literally supposed to be the big bad of the MCU and if he was stronger the stakes and the battles would have been far greater

None of the MCU is 100% accurate to the power of the comics. He is still very strong in comparison to the protagonists anyway even without the full gauntlet.

D'vorah for High 8-C. Now I know she was supposed to be unlikable on purpose, but she's bad for a completely different reason. She is forced: someone at Nether Realm thought "how do I make a character unlikable" and thought that making someone that backstabs literally everyone she works with was a good idea. She has literally back stabbed every single character she has ever worked with, which isn't unlikable, it's idiotic. Someone good with deception uses it to get what they want, they don't just go on murderhobo rampages until the universe is literally reset to save their a**. They have her kill scorpion, Baraka, Mileena, King Jerrod for some stupid reason (before immediately retconning it to being Sindel that killed him): then had her work with literally every villain in the series minus the evil universe: and still didn't think that was evil enough to make us not like her. I mean they technically succeed at making me not like her, not in the way they were supposed to, but I don't like her. Her MK 11 ending is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. 'Insects don't kill other insects' I mean if Nether Realm ignores Ants having wars with each other, Bees having wars with each other, Wasp killing both Bees and other Wasp, All three of those have queens that fight other queens for dominance, spiders eat their own young, and many more examples then Nether Realm would still be wrong. How not to make an unlikable character: just copy D'vorah.

MCU Thanos was alright for the MCU.

Him being 4-B out of nowhere and having the heroes somehow reach a point they can beat him in less than 1 movie is nonsense.

00potato said:
There is more to a character then how strong they are. There is also something called being accurate to the comics, he was literally supposed to be the big bad of the MCU and if he was stronger the stakes and the battles would have been far greater
None of the MCU is 100% accurate to the power of the comics. He is still very strong in comparison to the protagonists anyway even without the full gauntlet.

Hmm, I don't know, how about Dormammu (Yeah i know he certainly isn't as strong as he was in the comics, but he comes CLOSE in power).

BoomerKuwanger1 said:
MCU Thanos was alright for the MCU.
Him being 4-B out of nowhere and having the heroes somehow reach a point they can beat him in less than 1 movie is nonsense.
Only thing is though, is that they couldn't take him on physically. The only reason why they did was because Iron Man used his nano UNO Reverse Card

Sora and buff riku said:
I'd say that MHA characters are average to actually great characters. Other characters that can be considered below average aren't really relevant.
The same is true for Black Clover snd they are on the list.

0 development, he only wants to fight powerful characters without take into account the consequences, instead of develop SSG there were Made more transformations every 20 episodes. Shall I continue?

0 development, he only wants to fight powerful characters without take into account the consequences, instead of develop SSG there were Made more transformations every 20 episodes. Shall I continue?

The exact same things can be said about his Z self.

SpookyShadow said:
Itachi a bad written character? He was always regarded as one of the most well written characters in animanga
Only if we pretend Part 1 Itachi is retconned. That guy put Kakashi and Sasuke in comas they might not wake up from with gratuitous use of Tsukuyomi. He also ordered Kisame to kill Asuma and Kurenani so they can take Kakashi as hostage, and was surprised that Gai came to save them. He did nothing to stop Kisame as he almost cut a limb from Naruto, and manipulated Sasuke into trying to kill Naruto. If Sasuke murdered Naruto this would make Sasuke a traitor to the village and weaken the village through loss of its Jinchuriki.

This is not really compatible with dedication to protect the village and making Sasuke its hero.

Also, Itachi is supposed to characterize the model Shinobi according to Hashirama and Tobirama for choosing to massacre his clan, which is more evidence that the feudal system with mercenary villages is fundamentally flawed. Sasuke vowed to change this system with his 'revolution', and Naruto promised Nagato that he will find a suitable replacement for it, but this plotline was swept under the rug to allow a sequel. This makes the Sasuke-Itachi character arc still in limbo.

Shadow's character was basically ruined in Shadow the Hedgehog, and Infinite's backstory and involvement in the plot wa snitching short of a huge disappointment.

Also Rimuru Tempest from the Anime for 6-C. He is literally the embodiment of a Mary-Sue in every sense of the word. Most of his development that happened in the light novel and the manga was just completely skimmed over.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Also Rimuru Tempest from the Anime for 6-C. He is literally the embodiment of a Mary-Sue in every sense of the word. Most of his development that happened in the light novel and the manga was just completely skimmed over.
You mean High 7-A Rimuru because 6-C Rimuru is not from the anime yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back