• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 most poorly written characters for every Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was honestly hoping for debate to spark, and for civil discussion as to why certain characters should or shouldn't be listed here.

But it seems to have devolved into something else and I don't mind watching the spectacle.

This was an interesting little experiment.

This wasn't a good experiment, it was destined to get controversial opinions to where it would spiral down from there. It especially didn't help considering a lot of the more negative users would be attracted to something like this.

AogiriKira said:
I was honestly hoping for debate to spark, and for civil discussion as to why certain characters should or shouldn't be listed here.

But it seems to have devolved into something else and I don't mind watching the spectacle.

This was an interesting little experiment.
If you were expecting civil discussion, you came to the wrong website. When it's great, it's great, but when it's bad, hoo boy.

Inverted Tempest said:
This wasn't a good experiment, it was destined to get controversial opinions to where it would spiral down from there.
It was destined to get controversial opinions yes.

But the people arguing here weren't destined to get heated and lose their temper. Being civil or choosing to go off was a choice of their own.

I was looking for people to take the high road.

I think you're thinking too highly of the average person who comes and goes (most of those people are just looking for another reason to take jabs at the site so basically anyone who doesn't have a decent amount of contributions).

This wasn't a good experiment, it was destined to get controversial opinions to where it would spiral down from there.
It was destined to get controversial opinions yes.

But the people arguing here weren't destined to get heated and lose their temper. Being civil or choosing to go off was a choice of their own.

I was looking for people to take the high road.

I don't know how you expected the entire wiki to take the high road here. I really don't.

How does this make him a bad character? The same applies to tons of characters. In fact, it's extremely difficult to describe a character without saying its role on the story.
If you take away a guy's powers, abilities, and role, you are left with... personality.

Ikki has no personality.

I can describe plenty of characters, even on this list. Ikki has... nothing. Absolutely nothing. He is, by far, the worst written character on this entire list.

Ok, this just troll bait at this point.

The Wright Way said:
Corgi the Gen Z God said:
Steven Universe. Like the entire cast.
Which one? The playful child who is forced to realize the gravity of an interstellar war after he and his friends nearly die and is then crushed under the harsh reality that the mother he idolized might not have been the good person he thought she was and that his surrogate family only really thought of him as a replacement for her, giving him a crisis of identity and a lack of selfworth, only for him to realize that he is his own person and he can choose his own destiny by the end of the series, therefore allowing him to avoid his mother's mistakes and succeed where she failed?
Or how about the girl that was born as a servant and seen as little more than a tool unhealthily idolizing her master and liberator only to gradually realize how unhealthy it is to blindly idolize one person. The gorl who finally decided to acknowledge her master's mistakes and move on, embracing Rose's message rather than glorifying abd idealizing the person who carried it.

Peridot, Connie, Garnet, Bismuth, Lapis Lazuli, etc. All of these characters have deep and complex motivations. If you're going to dismiss a franchise, at least give us dome reasons and don't just say "the whole cast sucks' like a dick. For someone who had such an indignant reaction to your own franchise getting dismissed out of hand, you're perfectly fine doing that to other people's franchises.
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back