• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 most poorly written characters for every Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit, I like Delsin, even if soley for his attitude, but my god does his story do him no favors. My biggest ptoblem with him is, in a game franchise which otherwise allows their protagonists to grow as a result if their karma alignment, Delsin just doesn't. He's either a goody two shoes for the whole game with no character development or he's a complete sociopath the whole game.

In earlier inFAMOUS games, Cole had believable reasons for going both ways. In the first game, he's no hero, he just wants to get him and his friends out of danger. He doesn't hive a shit about the city, it's just his friends he's worried about. Even when his girlfriend dies, he doesn't go the route of "I have to stop this from happening to anyone else" he goes the route of "that asshole killed my girlfriend, I'm gonna **** him up". His heroic actions only came about because of his compassion to people who hadn't done anything to hurt him or because other people told him too. It's only at the end that he realizes the positive effects his actions have had and how much responsibility rests on his shoulders. It's only thrn that he embraces being a hero.

The Evil Route is equally believable. Cole has lost everything. He's been framed for a crime he didn't commit, his girlfriend flat out ditches him, and he's constantly being blamed for everything by a bunch of ungrateful dicks. It starts as an attempt to fight back and slowly devolves into a "might makes right" as everyone he cares about slowly abandons him and he's left desperate not to lose what little he has. Both routes are believable and both routes have character arcs in them.

Delsin, on the other hand, has no arc. He's either a paragon of justice from the beginning or he's an unrepentant sociopath from the word go. He has no arc, no growth, no believability. No matter what route you choose, Delsin at the beginning of the game is the same character as Delsin at the end.

> Peoples throwing characters from fate to get added on the list

Alright this is becoming irritaring and annoying, yes Sieg and Nero are in but to be fair NOT every of the characters are poorly written or so on

Yeah maybe there is Sumanai who can be counted too but still this is ridiculous

Rey from Star Wars for sure. The new Star Wars trilogy gets too much hate nowadays but some of it IS warranted.

Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail for sure. Kirito is already on it, so here is the second most unlikable Shonen protagonist ever. He's dumb, loud, obnoxious, and gets BS friendship boosts that enables him from getting tossed around to one-shotting with ease. Almost all of Fairy Tail should be on the list honestly, this series has absolutely 0 tension. The number of characters who died/stayed dead since the show began? 0.

Characters from Demonbane. Completely bastardizes Lovecraft's work and I have no doubt he's been rolling in his grave since it was first published. I'm certain Lovecraft would hate most if not all the work based off his in the modern world, but I think out of all of them, he'd hate Demonbane the most.

Could Voldemort also be on it? He's supposedly the second/third smartest wizard in history just before Dumbledore and Grindelwald but he makes such stupid ass decisions throughout the books and let's not forget the meme that he failed to take over what was essentially a high school.

Eh, I'd wait until Rise of Skywalker to make a call on her. She's a good character in Awakens (I will write an essay on why her win against Kylo wasn't because she was a Mary Sue, don't think I won't) but TLJ dropped the ball. Let's see if they can salvage it.

Yeah, I second Carol "I'm the strongest in universe but I didn't stop Thanos because reasons" Danvers, both in the MCU and the Comics.

Honestly enjoying the conversations going down here. Keep it up. Will update the list when I get the chance (Honestly agree with Rey and Carol being on the list)

Delsin was cool, but I feel like Cole had a more just reason for his morality change in the second game.

That's literally what I said but summed up in two sentences.

The Causality said:
Goku isn't a bad written character. At least until DBS.
Goku is badly written across the whole series. Dragon Ball is great, but its characters are easily the weakest part of the series.

Not a big DB guy, but I do lnow that DBZ Goku at least cared about his family enough to sacrifice his life for them, while DBS Goku was willing to risk the entire universe for a good fight.

The Calaca said:
Goku is a well written character through all of the manga. DBS is when the thing becomes odd.
I honestly don't know if we watched the same show, but I don't see how Super made Goku any different than he was on the manga. Sure, he's different when compared to the anime, but that's because the anime changed a bit his personality to make him more heroic.

I'm talking about the manga, not the anime.

No hope of the universe nor light in darkness, just kill the bad guy if needed but feel bad for wasting such potential.

The Calaca said:
No hope of the universe nor light in darkness, just kill the bad guy if needed but feel bad for wasting such potential.
Excuse me what? What does Goku have to do with "hope of the universe nor light in darkness"?

The english dub changed his quote against Freeza, saying that shit. Which fits with how the anime changed his anti-heroic attittude to a Superman-like dude.

In a few words, I'm talking about manga Goku.

Flash (CW) for Low-7B, he can literally blitz everyone in his verse except for other speedsters (who in turn should be able to blitz all of Flash's allies but for some reason don't) and for some reason chooses not to and every single episode he gets bested by a regular metahuman. In fact all main bad guy's plans revolve around keeping the Flash alive for some reason and then some totally unrelated person turning out to be a metahuman and saving the day.

Not really, Goku isn't badly written at all, to summarize the whole Guko stuff from the very beginning of the series, Goku has only one view of the world and impose it to people around him, his very character is influencing to the other characters of the series and push everyone to go ahead (Exemple in the end of the first and Second Tenkachi Budokai, he pushed everyone even Master Roshi to restart his training), at the second part of Kid Goku' adventures, if you read correctly the manga, Goku research the fourth dragon ball because he need to at the first view, but through the whole arc he research it because he feel gulty to the death of Grandpa (The parallels can be seen through Hompa's father's death and at the end of the arc, Grandpa vs Goku). Yes, Goku's character is simple, but his view of the world is good enough to influence people around.

The Part in DBZ is the same, Goku's character is seen as a Hope, when people have problems, they need Goku to make choice (the exemple is, when he is dead in trunks timeline, it's the apocalypse) when they have problems, At the End of Cell arc, he understood than his time is gone and leave to gohan his roles of protecto. He fight to protect other and the Earth, not because lol it's fun. Goku is always here to give advice, when they need to know about saiyan, he tell to Master Roshi and Bulma to contact Baba, when they have problems against buu, he suggested the fusion. Goku's character is simple but enough to be seen as a Hope for other, he isn't truly developed because his view of the world is the right on, that why he is a driving character

I forgot other things (like the whole Sait'yan stuff) but call him a bad character is really false

Composite Human

Who wrote this annoying piece of shit smh

Goku isn't written poorly, but he's not that much of an endearing character. He did go through the journey from a low class Saiyan who lives in the forest to a Saiyan God which is interesting, but he never changes and can do or say a lot of stupid shit that can make him irritable. And he's not a deep character either since he's a flat character (Flat characters aren't bad, just not deep).

Flatline characters can be good and Goku from the Original series is a good example, his also very endearing.

People just associate character's with arcs= good because it's the most common way of telling a story.

also flatline characters can also be complexed.

However DBS Goku is not OG Goku

I still don't see how Goku was any different on Super than how he was on the manga. And yes, he's a flat character, that's kind of the point with him; he's just a simple guy who wants to fight strong people, nothing really complex.

The Wright Way said:
Eh, I'd wait until Rise of Skywalker to make a call on her. She's a good character in Awakens (I will write an essay on why her win against Kylo wasn't because she was a Mary Sue, don't think I won't)
you dont need to, people need to just watch the film and not remove context.

Shadowbokunohero said:
You mean his a Flatline character?
Yes an nope, I say that Manga Goku is someone who is not truly developed but for the reason of he influences people with his own view of the world and the manga tell us than this is the good one, that one of the reason why Goku is a representation of Hope in the manga, he don't fight because lol it's fun, but because he is literally an embodiment of hope, he fight evil, he is not really developed because his character don't need to, he is right, but he develop the person around him, Manga Goku is thought to represent Hope, unlike DBS stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back