• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 15 Strongest Non-Smurfs for Every Tier Continuation 4.0

I mean for a character to be put in an equal ranking as Arifureta characters, which character am I supposed to match up with to do so? Not sure if I can even match a certain character with every single 6-C arifureta character, since it'd be a doozy to do all of them.

As far as I am concerned, Speed Equal and Unequal should essentially function as separate lists. So if you want a speed equal spot you only have to defeat the characters placed for speed equal matches. If you want to get speed unequal spots you only have to beat characters that have their ranking for speed unequal.
In practice characters often (implicitely) hold both spots, as at the higher levels of hax speed often stops being relevant.

I see, shall we find a conclusion on that?
What does the majority think about it? Both speeds or speed unequal/equal?
We have already discussed this issue recently... I am explaining my thoughts starting from this comment.
As far as I am concerned, Speed Equal and Unequal should essentially function as separate lists. So if you want a speed equal spot you only have to defeat the characters placed for speed equal matches. If you want to get speed unequal spots you only have to beat characters that have their ranking for speed unequal.
In practice characters often (implicitely) hold both spots, as at the higher levels of hax speed often stops being relevant.
That's an option too, but given that managing even a single thread overwhelms OP's, does anyone want to manage these threads on an ongoing basis?

We have already discussed this issue recently... I am explaining my thoughts starting from this comment.
Now that I've caught up, I see.
That's an option too, but given that managing even a single thread overwhelms OP's, does anyone want to manage these threads on an ongoing basis?
Same sentiment, this will be better at differentiating speed equalization shenanigans but at the expense of OP's time.
We can leave it to how OP (and prob admins and other honchos) decides to handle it.

How we deal with incons is a separate problem from the speed equal/unequal spots, because incons are essentially a case by case thing

Yes, they can overlap (which is what that comment is about) but they're separate.

It's still just a single thread and the amount of unequal spots isn't that high, since, as DT pointed out, it will at some time get to a point where it doesn't matter.

Still a list based on unequal speed stands a chance of no longer identifying the strongest but the fastest. The average unhaxed joe can basically nab a spot for blitzing to hell and back unless the opponent has passives

Still a list based on unequal speed stands a chance of no longer identifying the strongest but the fastest. The average unhaxed joe can basically nab a spot for blitzing to hell and back unless the opponent has passives
When did anyone say the list would be based on unequal speed?

In a strongest character list that states that a character must defeat the holders of those spots in order to take higher spots, can you explain why the speed stat should not be part of the character's power?

Then, let's rename the list to "top 15 most haxed non-smurf characters" because after a point, haxs usually make all stats useless.

When did anyone say the list would be based on unequal speed?
Normally speed unequal is done here when a contending character has a chance of winning with that rule but a new list done with
In a strongest character list that states that a character must defeat the holders of those spots in order to take higher spots, can you explain why the speed stat should not be part of the character's power?

Then, let's rename the list to "top 15 most haxed non-smurf characters" because after a point, haxs usually make all stats useless.
Cause it's no longer about the strongest but the fastest. Hax does determine the strongest not to mention some characters here hold their spot thanks to higher AP so it's not all about hax. Some matches can be held with speed unequal if they're already close to each other but you can have a rando who randomly scales absurdly high in speed grab a spot by winning via a blitz or inconning cause others can't even touch them.

But there's rules that requires beating your opponent and not just being untouchable to them so speed should also fall under that which is the reason the placements are decided with speed equal.

Looking at Hajime's profile, I'm a bit concerned on how these two particular abilities work:

Can anyone knowledgeable explain to me how this works in a matchup?

I'll just go the safe route and just go for Daphne instead.
Speaking of proposal, this is the character. He's powerful enough to contend with some of those in the 6-C list. (Final 6-C key)

I'll get the speed equal match started after some time.

I'll just go the safe route and just go for Daphne instead.
Speaking of proposal, this is the character. He's powerful enough to contend with some of those in the 6-C list. (Final 6-C key)

I'll get the speed equal match started after some time.
5-B match? (Just generally)

From a glance, Kuuga might just be cooked since he doesn't really have NPI to damage Ragnaros and most of what Ultimate Kuuga can do is probably countered by him. I do see that he doesn't actually resist Overwhelming Aura, Matter and Plasma Manip tho.

I will ask around my peers if they see something I don't along with me actually looking more clearly with the profiles, seeing as Ultimate Kuuga does retain his previous forms' abilities and resistances.

From a glance, Kuuga might just be cooked since he doesn't really have NPI to damage Ragnaros and most of what Ultimate Kuuga can do is probably countered by him. I do see that he doesn't actually resist Overwhelming Aura, Matter and Plasma Manip tho.

I will ask around my peers if they see something I don't along with me actually looking more clearly with the profiles, seeing as Ultimate Kuuga does retain his previous forms' abilities and resistances.
OA probably needs a feat of working on someone like Rag(That is an Elemental), and honestly matter Manipulation if it's not just delete Rag might be the way to go.

Main issue with him though is that his heat can damage folks who can tank 15 million celcius stuff, so melee is suicide. Honestly Al'Akir might be the much better way to go

Main issue with him though is that his heat can damage folks who can tank 15 million celcius stuff, so melee is suicide. Honestly Al'Akir might be the much better way to go
Kuuga did tank plasma spawning inside of him, where did the 15 million Celsius came from, if I may ask?

Kuuga did tank plasma spawning inside of him, where did the 15 million Celsius came from, if I may ask?
I mean Plasma heat got proven to vary and you need specific proof for the 150 million crap

As for the heat on Rag, certain Titanforged are Forged in stars, and several Titan creations are literal constellations, so star heat is unironically consistent for Rag to damage via sheer heat

While Kuuga might be able to match Ragnaros (very unlikely atm), I think this person may also give him a run for his money, though there's still the problem of him not having NPI as usual.

While Kuuga might be able to match Ragnaros (very unlikely atm), I think this person may also give him a run for his money, though there's still the problem of him not having NPI as usual.

That... doesn't look sufficient lol

Like maybe if they range spam? Otherwise Al'akir is the better matching option(On the 5-B list It's actually Deathwing, not Ragnaros, who's the WoW placeholder)

Like maybe if they range spam? Otherwise Al'akir is the better matching option
While it is obviously better than Ragnaros, the riders still suffer from lacking NPI among other things, rendering them probably unable to harm him too. OOO has ranged stuff, compared to Kuuga.

While it is obviously better than Ragnaros, the riders still suffer from lacking NPI among other things, rendering them probably unable to harm him too. OOO has ranged stuff, compared to Kuuga.
Well if they have a hax like Matter Manipulation that doesn't care about Interactions when it comes to Elemental stuff, and it's not just like, full Reinhard Van Astra delete that general direction, it'd actually make a for a decent match

Kuuga's Matter Manip comes from this:

-Fire Manipulation, Matter Manipulation (Atomic) and Plasma Manipulation (By manipulating the atoms and molecules of matter, he turns the surrounding materials into plasma and ignites the matter, setting the target instantly with super-heated flames.[51][52][50][34] Kuuga can also manipulate plasma from the atmosphere to cause ignition phenomena and emit plasma ions from his hands[53])

Also to answer your question, idk about OA because Kuuga hasn't really fought something like the elementals.

OOO has more stuff but I'm currently balancing my activities by checking the profiles while simultaneously chilling in a morrowind playthrough.

Kuuga's Matter Manip comes from this:

-Fire Manipulation, Matter Manipulation (Atomic) and Plasma Manipulation (By manipulating the atoms and molecules of matter, he turns the surrounding materials into plasma and ignites the matter, setting the target instantly with super-heated flames.[51][52][50][34] Kuuga can also manipulate plasma from the atmosphere to cause ignition phenomena and emit plasma ions from his hands[53])
Ah, so... really not the haxxy variety(when it comes to either character), unfortunate, looks like I'll have to hunt elsewhere for matches
Also to answer your question, idk about OA because Kuuga hasn't really fought something like the elementals.

OOO has more stuff but I'm currently balancing my activities by checking the profiles while simultaneously chilling in a morrowind playthrough.
Good choice that one!

Good choice that one!
You mean OOO, morrowind or both?
Both is good lol.

OOO has some stuff that can help him. Since OOO has multiple forms, there's a bit of notable stuff from each forms among other things:
The Medagabryu does this
  • Energy Projection (The Medagabryu allows him to perform the Strain Doom blast)
  • Void Manipulation (The Medagaburyu Axe has the ability to damage, if not completely destroy, the Core Medals of the other Greeed. The Core Medals itself are forms of artificial life and manifestations of desire, the Purple Core Medals are antithesis to and can completely erase other Core Medals)
Do note that the black hole creation is a 5-A attack and would probably be restricted in general matches.
For this list however, I've seen characters using higher tiered attacks so I'm pretty sure he can use this here.
(EDIT: Just saying he has this, not he can probably contend with it. Just a noting of notable stuff he has)

Atm I'm just going to have Kuuga get a spot at 6-C ranking because I have a revision that I'm cooking up while also balancing stuff with my IRL stuff and procrastination. OOO will come later.

Back