• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 14 Bleach Characters

it'll erase his soul.
…….. yeah Gerard’s soul has low godly. EE won’t do anything to Gerard when he specifically has the level of regen needed to come back from soul erasure.
There's also Ichibei's immortality that gerard would have to deal with as well. Ichibei still lives on even when dead and had ichigo call out his name. Ichibei could do the same with gerard.
And that will work one time at best. If Gerard killed Ichibei once, he can do it again since he is a beat stick aside from Hoffnung.

…….. yeah Gerard’s soul has low godly. EE won’t do anything to Gerard when he specifically has the level of regen needed to come back from soul erasure.

And that will work one time at best. If Gerard killed Ichibei once, he can do it again since he is a beat stick aside from Hoffnung.
Gerard has low godly which isn't gonna help against soul erasure. Unless you're saying Gerard is a soul? But that isnt stated on his page, he's just treated as a physical being and not spiritual. And his soul never regened from ee.

The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

Gerard has low godly which isn't gonna help against soul erasure. Unless you're saying Gerard is a soul? But that isnt stated on his page, he's just treated as a physical being and not spiritual. And his soul never regened from ee.

The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.
Are you aware that Gerard is only a soul? Because I already pointed it out in a previous post that he has no physical body and is only a soul. Gerard regenerates from the reishi around him and not his body. His body was frozen and obliterated by Toshiro and Byakuya and he just reformed out of energy. He has low godly via regening his soul which means soul EE is useless against him.

Gerard's low godly also comes from regen through reishi, idk if it's through his soul but that also isn't mentioned

Are you aware that Gerard is only a soul? Because I already pointed it out in a previous post that he has no physical body and is only a soul. Gerard regenerates from the reishi around him and not his body. His body was frozen and obliterated by Toshiro and Byakuya and he just reformed out of energy. He has low godly via regening his soul which means soul EE is useless against him.
No? He has low godly through reishi manipulation, not the soul. That's my whole point. And again his soul never regened from ee.

……. do you know what souls are? They are beings made of reishi. Stop talking if you don’t have a clue how shit works. If you accept that he has low godly via being reformed from reishi in the atmosphere, you concede that the EE does jack shit in the grand scheme of a fight between the two.

……. do you know what souls are? They are beings made of reishi. Stop talking if you don’t have a clue how shit works. If you accept that he has low godly via being reformed from reishi in the atmosphere, you concede that the EE does jack shit in the grand scheme of a fight between the two.
What? How does he resist having his soul erased??? He can control reishi to reform his body but that does not warrant regeneration from soul erasure. You're misunderstanding how his regen works here. Also as I said before, he has nothing on his page saying he's a soul nor that he's incorporeal.

Dude Low Godly is complete destruction of the body and regenerating it from an outside source like the soul.
Mid-Godly is what im talking about which is erasure of the soul, mind and body.

Oh god. Okay. Let’s try this again. Souls = reishi, got it? Gerard is a soul. From here on, when I say “body” I am referring to his spiritual body, aka his soul.

Gerard had his body completely destroyed by Byakuya and Toshiro. He proceeded to regenerate from other reishi that was not part of his body. This means he created an entirely new body without anything from the original one. This means that even if you erase his body, he will just make a new one out of reishi. Reishi exists literally everywhere in the universes and between them. Gerard will never run out of reishi to remake himself before Ichibei tires out because there are infinite souls meaning there is infinite reishi.
Dude Low Godly is complete destruction of the body and regenerating it from an outside source like the soul.
Mid-Godly is what im talking about which is erasure of the soul, mind and body.
And you aren’t reading what I am saying at all. Gerard only exists as a soul. He has no physical body. His “low godly” is him regenerating his spiritual body without anything from his original spiritual body. Gerard for all intents and purposes, basically has mid godly but since he doesn’t create a physical body, he doesn’t get mid and only low as he one regens one of the three which essentially serves as his physical body.

Again,
Gerard schrift wont work on ichibei
Ichibei is a naturally arrogant/confident character which means that Gerard cant take Ichibeis fear to get stronger

Yes,
if Gerard schrift is active Ichibei loses but thats not the point
What? That scan is nothing but hyperbole. Gerard gets stronger by taking damage and healing. No one feared him when he first activated it cuz they stomped his ass and he still became huge.

Oh god. Okay. Let’s try this again. Souls = reishi, got it? Gerard is a soul. From here on, when I say “body” I am referring to his spiritual body, aka his soul.

Gerard had his body completely destroyed by Byakuya and Toshiro. He proceeded to regenerate from other reishi that was not part of his body. This means he created an entirely new body without anything from the original one. This means that even if you erase his body, he will just make a new one out of reishi. Reishi exists literally everywhere in the universes and between them. Gerard will never run out of reishi to remake himself before Ichibei tires out because there are infinite souls meaning there is infinite reishi.

And you aren’t reading what I am saying at all. Gerard only exists as a soul. He has no physical body. His “low godly” is him regenerating his spiritual body without anything from his original spiritual body. Gerard for all intents and purposes, basically has mid godly but since he doesn’t create a physical body, he doesn’t get mid and only low as he one regens one of the three which essentially serves as his physical body.
That isn't what mid godly is. IDK why you're ignoring what im saying. Ichibei has soul erasure. If gerard's soul gets erased he wont be able to come back cause he can't control anything cause he's been erased. AGAIN, on his page, he does not have anything that suggest he is a spiritual being.

What? That scan is nothing but hyperbole. Gerard gets stronger by taking damage and healing. No one feared him when he first activated it cuz they stomped his ass and he still became huge.
His own page brings up the fear thing right here

The Miracle: M - The Miracle is Gerard's innate power that manifest the fear of the masses like fear of not being able to destroy his body into reality. His power works by turning any and all damage, lethal included, into size and power.

So yea the fear matters.

That isn't what mid godly is. IDK why you're ignoring what im saying. Ichibei has soul erasure. If gerard's soul gets erased he wont be able to come back cause he can't control anything cause he's been erased. AGAIN, on his page, he does not have anything that suggest he is a spiritual being.
Are you even reading anything? Reishi (spiritual matter) and kishi (physical matter) are two different types of matter that don’t mesh. If he regens from reishi, which is souls, then his body is spiritual in nature. You don’t even know anything about this stuff and you are trying to argue such a stupid stance that basic reading comprehension and logic would tell you it’s wrong.
Yeah. You just aren’t reading anything. The second part of that paragraph blatantly says the Miracle converts damage into size and power. Ichibei can’t do anything to Gerard without amping him.

Are you even reading anything? Reishi (spiritual matter) and kishi (physical matter) are two different types of matter that don’t mesh. If he regens from reishi, which is souls, then his body is spiritual in nature. You don’t even know anything about this stuff and you are trying to argue such a stupid stance that basic reading comprehension and logic would tell you it’s wrong.

Yeah. You just aren’t reading anything. The second part of that paragraph blatantly says the Miracle converts damage into size and power. Ichibei can’t do anything to Gerard without amping him.
I am reading what you're saying. I know what reishi is, and I know Gerard in his big forms is made from it, what I am arguing is that he will be erased on the spiritual level. This is something he has never shown to resist. So Gerard can't resist it. That's why he's low godly and not mid godly.
I dropped that Gerard statement for the miracle to show you guys that the fear is clearly a part of the ability since his page includes it into the ability's description.

I think this is somewhat pointless due to the prep ichibei has to do to actually erase gerard. So gerard likely can win given hoffnung or just beating up ichibei.

You guys were arguing about Gremmy vs Gerard, if ya think Gerard>Ichibei then Gremmy would beat ichibei too no?

I think this is somewhat pointless due to the prep ichibei has to do to actually erase gerard. So gerard likely can win given hoffnung or just beating up ichibei.
what prep? it's a simple Kido.. people like Kisuke can use Hado 99 instantly without incantation, the EE Kido is from the 50s Kido iirc and Ichibe has named everything there

what prep? it's a simple Kido.. people like Kisuke can use Hado 99 instantly without incantation, the EE Kido is from the 50s Kido iirc and Ichibe has named everything there
he has to pour the blackness into a bowl and chant and drink it. he also has to call upon the darkness from the hundreds nights no?

I am reading what you're saying. I know what reishi is, and I know Gerard in his big forms is made from it, what I am arguing is that he will be erased on the spiritual level. This is something he has never shown to resist. So Gerard can't resist it. That's why he's low godly and not mid godly.
I dropped that Gerard statement for the miracle to show you guys that the fear is clearly a part of the ability since his page includes it into the ability's description.
Erasing a soul is erasing the reishi it’s made of. Gerard regens with reishi on a low godly scale which means he can regen his soul from erasure. No one is saying he resists it. It just doesn’t matter because he has the regen to come back from it.

We’re you even on the threads where the low godly got accepted? Because I can tell you it wasn’t because of the faulty information you keep pushing.

It is all hyperbole. Fear doesn’t make him bigger, taking damage does. Hoffnung doesn’t cause “despair” it’s damage reflection. Gerard is very clearly talking shit in that scan.
You guys were arguing about Gremmy vs Gerard, if ya think Gerard>Ichibei then Gremmy would beat ichibei too no?
Gremmy gets blitzed and one shot by Ichibei. Not even funny. Gerard wins via not being able to die and only getting stronger while whoever attempts it keeps failing.

Erasing a soul is erasing the reishi it’s made of. Gerard regens with reishi on a low godly scale which means he can regen his soul from erasure. No one is saying he resists it. It just doesn’t matter because he has the regen to come back from it.

We’re you even on the threads where the low godly got accepted? Because I can tell you it wasn’t because of the faulty information you keep pushing.

It is all hyperbole. Fear doesn’t make him bigger, taking damage does. Hoffnung doesn’t cause “despair” it’s damage reflection. Gerard is very clearly talking shit in that scan.

Gremmy gets blitzed and one shot by Ichibei. Not even funny. Gerard wins via not being able to die and only getting stronger while whoever attempts it keeps failing.
Bro you can’t be serious, how’s he gonna regen if he doesn’t exist anymore? 😭 pls stop

Lmao I just knew what u are talking about, but that wasn't what I meant lol I was talking about another Kido

Byakuya feared him just read the fight again
Byakuya made sure to kill him twice because he had "something up his sleeve"

Bro you can’t be serious, how’s he gonna regen if he doesn’t exist anymore? 😭 pls stop
Dude. Do you even know what godly regen means? Yes he can regen from his existence being erased.
Byakuya feared him just read the fight again
Byakuya made sure to kill him twice because he had "something up his sleeve"
No. At the very start of the fight. Byakuya didn’t give a shit about Gerard and no diffed him with some help from Renji who didn’t even consider Gerard a big deal. There was no fear at all from either of them yet Gerard still became huge and explained how damage makes him become larger and stronger.

U ignoring the first part

Dude. Do you even know what godly regen means? Yes he can regen from his existence being erased.

No. At the very start of the fight. Byakuya didn’t give a shit about Gerard and no diffed him with some help from Renji who didn’t even consider Gerard a big deal. There was no fear at all from either of them yet Gerard still became huge and explained how damage makes him become larger and stronger.
Yeah he didn't give a shit but still had doubts and that's the key

The first part is hyperbole. The despair thing is flowery la gauge without a doubt which throws the fear part into question. The fear part is also contradicted by the fact that the power was already explained to be damage conversion which was proven to be true. That scan means **** all and even if it somehow meant anything, it wouldn’t matter as Gerard still converts damage so people not fearing him is irrelevant. I don’t why people keep bringing up such stupid tangents.

Just because u sure of something doesn't mean that you can't have a little doubt in you
When u shooting a freethrow and your rate is 99% the 1% is still there
That's basically how Gerard works when u have doubts no matter how little he wins

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete erasure of body, mind, and soul.

gerard has low godly, he cannot come back from spiritual erasure. its that simple. If you think he should have spiritual erasure then please get a Crt.

The first part is hyperbole. The despair thing is flowery la gauge without a doubt which throws the fear part into question. The fear part is also contradicted by the fact that the power was already explained to be damage conversion which was proven to be true. That scan means **** all and even if it somehow meant anything, it wouldn’t matter as Gerard still converts damage so people not fearing him is irrelevant. I don’t why people keep bringing up such stupid tangents.
I see we can't agree

Literally not how his power works. We were told and shown how it works and that scan directly contradicts what we are previously shown and told. That scan is either hyperbole and flowery language or straight up misinformation of the ability’s mechanics.

Literally not how his power works. We were told and shown how it works and that scan directly contradicts what we are previously shown and told. That scan is either hyperbole and flowery language or straight up misinformation of the ability’s mechanics.
Why can’t it be both?

The fear part doesn't contradict his power its contradicting ur narrative
How does the fear part contradict Gerard's powers?

Back