• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
i don't disagree, with a bloodied hand he could decay the Vulnerable part of crocodile touched by blood.
but besides haki, a elemental intang negging feat, a huge body of water and a glaring elemental disadvantage
don't logia reform by making more of thr element?
if crocodile was completely sand and shigaraki touched him with decay would he perish?

How good is shiggys fear manip? Because if it's elite he can scare croc into not going intangible like Zoro did monet

i don't disagree, with a bloodied hand he could decay the Vulnerable part of crocodile touched by blood.
but besides haki, a elemental intang negging feat, a huge body of water and a glaring elemental disadvantage
don't logia reform by making more of thr element?
if crocodile was completely sand and shigaraki touched him with decay would he perish?
They only reform if they're in their logia form if shigaraki touched him with a bloodied hand decay it will turn him to dust almost instantly. If crocodile was complete sand the sand would be turned to dust and perish, provided it was on the ground. If it's in the air depends it'll decay until it's not connected anymore.

Shigaraki's fear manip can give people illusions of death so he should be comparable to zoro on that front.

That wasn't an exaggeration, it's what happened(). He probably couldn't decay a sand tornado but he could disperse it with air cannon, he doesn't have poison resistance(not sure how regen works against it though), but crocodile doesn't have poison in this key(doesn't have poison hook hand in this time and it's stated on his profile) so it's irrelevant.

crocodile still has viable wincons,
touching the ground croc can also do a dehydration chain affect anything in contact dehydrates aswell,
turn the terrain into sand for more advantage, casually spawn tornados,
his sand scythe instantly dehydrate you on contact. they ignore conventional defense aswell.
bro oda needs to give my boy crocodile more scenes

Shigaraki's fear manip can give people illusions of death so he should be comparable to zoro on that front.
It's not comparable, it's completely superior to anything Zoro has ever done involving it (Not that this has anything to do with Crocodile, as Zoro never had any combat interactions with him).

crocodile still has viable wincons,
touching the ground croc can also do a dehydration chain affect anything in contact dehydrates aswell,
turn the terrain into sand for more advantage, casually spawn tornados,
his sand scythe instantly dehydrate you on contact. they ignore conventional defense aswell.
bro oda needs to give my boy crocodile more scenes
Dehydration won't kill shigaraki but will wear him down(we discussed this above).

Air cannon can simply disperse sand tornado's.

Talked about dehydration above.

If hes caught off guard by the sand swipe negging dura that mummifies him into a husk and still alive croc still has options, how fast does he regen?

Also luffy has weird physiology/rubber body that survives dehydration and is a exception, when crocodile dehydrates anyone else there just dead. the Impel down guards with protective suits, thr arms reduced to bones but im observing from the anime it might be different in the manga
nope just anime manga is different

Well decaying something and being sand isn't EXACTLY the same, especially if his Decay is like the thanos snap to where u TOTALLY gone

can i see the scan?
8_2.jpg

Shigaraki: Gah! this is a bad matchup for me...
Sand hero: Your quirk crumbles whatever you touch with your fingers huh? but you can't grab a sandstorm

Source: chapter 160

but I dont know if current Shigaraki still have this weakness

8_2.jpg

Shigaraki: Gah! this is a bad matchup for me...
Sand hero: Your quirk crumbles whatever you touch with your fingers huh? but you can't grab a sandstorm

Source: chapter 160

but I dont know if current Shigaraki still have this weakness
ayy W's we take those baby

his fear manip into decay combo might still be in play though and due to his AOE decay it wont be safe for croc to solidify near him. Its gonna be a long battle

Voting Crocodile, Shigaraki can't affect sand with his quirk (as shown above) and he does not have Busoshoku Haki to affect Crocodile's real body.

Voting Crocodile, Shigaraki can't affect sand with his quirk (as shown above) and he does not have Busoshoku Haki to affect Crocodile's real body.
I'm going to mention this again, he can touch his body with blood which he would know via search do not ignore this. This is a legitimate thing in one piece, either address this, or I can't count the vote. If Shigaraki's hand is covered with blood crocodile can't turn into sand therefore decay would work on him.
Also the issue in the above issue is that he couldn't grab it so he couldn't decay it because his decay couldn't spread back then and he needed to use all 5 fingers, if crocodile is in solid form via blood or if he uses AOE decay crocodile still dies.

Last edited:
Good Grief, from what i'm gathering the three main arguments for Shigaraki winning is "Blood", "Search", and "Fear manipulation"

I'll list my three reasons why it would most likely not work, so let's us start with the Search argument.

1) Search Argument:
Allow me to me clarify one thing, i honestly don't know what current Shiragaki's first move is, but i strongly doubt he will lead with "search", but for the sake of arguments let's assume he uses "search", he will know that "blood" or "water" is his "weak points". However, the problem here is! will he automatically deduce that his weakness relates to his body? there are a lot of interpretations which would make more plausible from Shigaraki's perspective. Since he will immediately assume that Crocodile's abilities (which resembles Quirks in his shows) are weak to water or blood before anyone say my interpretation is wrong allow me to remind you of something Shigaraki doesn't know the existence of Logia users, unless you can prove that his deduction skills are beyond extraordinary level of intelligence or faced people with elemental intangible before.

2) Blood Argument:
Now that we've discussed the search argument, now it's the blood argument time. First of all Luffy = / = Shigaraki, you really can't compare the two just to make this fight look like a stomp. During Luffy vs Crocodiel 3, thanks to their previous fight where luffy almost died again, but learned a lot from Crocodile's weak points, furthermore he was already covered with fresh blood, meaning he didn't had the time to recover from his injuries. I know, I know that Shigaraki can find it out via search, however, my main point is Luffy already faced Logia users, so him exploiting Crocodile's weakness makes more sense than Shigaraki suddenly using blood decay when he doesn't know that Crocodile is entirely made of sand nor is it really in-character for him to do something like that when he theoretically always leads with decay doesn't care the details about his enemies during a fight, except destroying them and making them suffer. Also another thing, Luffy is practically a combat genuis, coming up with punching him with blood is something that only he came up in One piece, unless you are gonna argue that Shigaraki is a combat genuis feel free to do.
  • 2.1) Shigaraki first need to bleed, thanks to his regen he instantly recovers his Injuries, in case he has a knife or gun in his standard equipment.
  • 2.2) Crocodile always leads with dehydration, dehydration = / = making someone bleed, crocodile uses his hook, but only when he's too desperate (aka rarely on screen).
  • 2.3) Even if we assume, Shigraki is gravely injured, would you really assume he is going to imbue his blood in his abilities despite the fact he has never displayed that in the manga nor in the anime?

3) Fear manipulation:
No clue, how strong his fear manipulation might affect someone who was ready to fight someone 3x stronger than himself? i can't say much to that, you may correct me if i am wrong with that. Since aside from Hunter x hunter matches, i don't see fear manipulation a win cod here.

Good Grief, from what i'm gathering the three main arguments for Shigaraki winning is "Blood", "Search", and "Fear manipulation"

I'll list my three reasons why it would most likely not work, so let's us start with the Search argument.

1) Search Argument:
Allow me to me clarify one thing, i honestly don't know what current Shiragaki's first move is, but i strongly doubt he will lead with "search", but for the sake of arguments let's assume he uses "search", he will know that "blood" or "water" is his "weak points". However, the problem here is! will he automatically deduce that his weakness relates to his body? there are a lot of interpretations which would make more plausible from Shigaraki's perspective. Since he will immediately assume that Crocodile's abilities (which resembles Quirks in his shows) are weak to water or blood before anyone say my interpretation is wrong allow me to remind you of something Shigaraki doesn't know the existence of Logia users, unless you can prove that his deduction skills are beyond extraordinary level of intelligence or faced people with elemental intangible before.

2) Blood Argument:
Now that we've discussed the search argument, now it's the blood argument time. First of all Luffy = / = Shigaraki, you really can't compare the two just to make this fight look like a stomp. During Luffy vs Crocodiel 3, thanks to their previous fight where luffy almost died again, but learned a lot from Crocodile's weak points, furthermore he was already covered with fresh blood, meaning he didn't had the time to recover from his injuries. I know, I know that Shigaraki can find it out via search, however, my main point is Luffy already faced Logia users, so him exploiting Crocodile's weakness makes more sense than Shigaraki suddenly using blood decay when he doesn't know that Crocodile is entirely made of sand nor is it really in-character for him to do something like that when he theoretically always leads with decay doesn't care the details about his enemies during a fight, except destroying them and making them suffer. Also another thing, Luffy is practically a combat genuis, coming up with punching him with blood is something that only he came up in One piece, unless you are gonna argue that Shigaraki is a combat genuis feel free to do.
  • 2.1) Shigaraki first need to bleed, thanks to his regen he instantly recovers his Injuries, in case he has a knife or gun in his standard equipment.
  • 2.2) Crocodile always leads with dehydration, dehydration = / = making someone bleed, crocodile uses his hook, but only when he's too desperate (aka rarely on screen).
  • 2.3) Even if we assume, Shigraki is gravely injured, would you really assume he is going to use imbue his blood in his abilities despite the fact he has never displayed that in the manga nor in the anime?

3) Fear manipulation:
No clue, how strong his fear manipulation affect someone who was ready to fight someone 3x stronger than himself? i can't say much to that, you may correct me if i am wrong with that. Since aside from Hunter x hunter matches, i don't see fear manipulation a win cod here.
A Search is something that's constantly on it doesn't turn on it was active the moment Shigaraki woke up

B Shigaraki is constantly bleeding anyway due to his body being incomplete it's not hard to get blood, if he really needs to he can use spit, and he's not infusing it into his abilities he's simply covering himself in it same as luffy did

C Search is directly stated to tell him exactly what his weaknesses are there's no ambiguity there.

D in order to resist fear manip on this level requires supernatural willpower or resistance he has none, and shigaraki has scared stain who's fear manip worked on characters far stronger than him when he was on death's door.

for some reason i thought this crocodile was from alabasta, so after getting humbled by luffy hes well aware of the blood trick aswell
he cant decay sand so if he were to hit croc only the vulnerable part with blood is decayed seeing as croc has mastered his intang to instinct level.
also knowing his stamina/durability he survives with a wound switches more to logia mode and spams range/overwhelms with sand.

how fast was tomura regen again? if he gets swiped by the dehydration hax it stil gives crocodile enough time, honestly Desert grande spara gg voting crocodile aswell

for some reason i thought this crocodile was from alabasta, so after getting humbled by luffy hes well aware of the blood trick aswell
he cant decay sand so if he were to hit croc only the vulnerable part with blood is decayed seeing as croc has mastered his intang to instinct level.
also knowing his stamina/durability he survives with a wound switches more to logia mode and spams range/overwhelms with sand.

how fast was tomura regen again? if he gets swiped by the dehydration hax it stil gives crocodile enough time, honestly Desert grande spara gg voting crocodile aswell
Just because he's aware of the blood doesn't mean he can do anything against it if he coats himself with the blood the decay will spread, that's how awakened decay works in the words of the doctor "Now it's not only the objects you touch, but the things that are connected to that object that get destroyed as well." If he touches him once with blood hand it will spread to his entire body this isn't preawakening.

2 Tomura's regen was fast enough that when his skin was burnt completely off by endeavor he regenerated it all instantly, crocodile's dehydration likely wouldn't even slow him down.

A Search is something that's constantly on it doesn't turn on it was active the moment Shigaraki woke up

B Shigaraki is constantly bleeding anyway due to his body being incomplete it's not hard to get blood, if he really needs to he can use spit, and he's not infusing it into his abilities he's simply covering himself in it same as luffy did

C Search is directly stated to tell him exactly what his weaknesses are there's no ambiguity there.

D in order to resist fear manip on this level requires supernatural willpower or resistance he has none, and shigaraki has scared stain who's fear manip worked on characters far stronger than him when he was on death's door.
Well, except Luffy is a brawler, therefore all of his abilities worked perfectly while Shigaraki is not. Also it has to be fresh blood, for example a knife coated in dried up blood isn't gonna kill Crocodile, before you ask for proof, let's just say it's called common knowledge as dried blood is not as fluid as water anymore. Let me ask you this how exactly are you imagining this? Shigaraki's fighting style doesn't solely resolve around his body like Luffy's, going by your logic a gravely injured marine soldier is capable of killing crocodile with a gun, because the said person is completely covered with blood, but the bullets are not, you see the problem here? for the marine soldier to hurt/harm crocodile he needs to directly touch him with his bare bloody hands, and that was my point regarding the blood argument. Just replace "gun" with "quirks" and you will get the exact same result, it's not gonna work.

I see, but doesn't disprove my first argument , except he doesn't need to active it.

Well, that's cool and all, but you are forgetting one thing. Even if we assume he uses fear manipulation on crocodile just because i worked on stain, but the thing here is would someone who knows his enemy isn't "presumably" capable of killing or harming really back down just because of an illusion? even if it's not added in his list. But Crocodile is rather the type of person who will ignore it and rush towards his death.

3) Fear manipulation:
No clue, how strong his fear manipulation might affect someone who was ready to fight someone 3x stronger than himself? i can't say much to that, you may correct me if i am wrong with that. Since aside from Hunter x hunter matches, i don't see fear manipulation a win cod here.
Fear Manipulation isn't based on the fact that the opponent is stronger than you, but it's from the Willpower or the mental ability of the character that has the Fear Manipulation, and this kind of things ignore stuff like strenght so Crocodile will definitely get affected by it. And it's a really important part of the fight because it was already shown that Fear can block a Logia from regenerating, as seen during the fight between Monet and Zoro.

For now I'm just reading the arguments and I will stay neutral, but I'm slightly more toward voting Shigaraki.

Well, except Luffy is a brawler, therefore all of his abilities worked perfectly while Shigaraki is not. Also it has to be fresh blood, for example a knife coated in dried up blood isn't gonna kill Crocodile, before you ask for proof, let's just say it's called common knowledge as dried blood is not as fluid as water anymore. Let me ask you this how exactly are you imagining this? Shigaraki's fighting style doesn't solely resolve around his body like Luffy's, going by your logic a gravely injured marine soldier is capable of killing crocodile with a gun, because the said person is completely covered with blood, but the bullets are not, you see the problem here? for the marine soldier to hurt/harm crocodile he needs to directly touch him with his bare bloody hands, and that was my point regarding the blood argument. Just replace "gun" with "quirks" and you will get the exact same result, it's not gonna work.

I see, but doesn't disprove my first argument , except he doesn't need to active it.

Well, that's cool and all, but you are forgetting one thing. Even if we assume he uses fear manipulation on crocodile just because i worked on stain, but the thing here is would someone who knows his enemy isn't "presumably" capable of killing or harming really back down just because of an illusion? even if it's not added in his list. But Crocodile is rather the type of person who will ignore it and rush towards his death.
Shigaraki's entire fighting style is h2h combat that is exactly how he fights have you not watched this story. If his hands get bloody crocodile's body will become solid which mean decay will effect him it's that simple.

And yes it does, your argument was that shigaraki wouldn't use search and he couldn't gain information from it even though it's constantly active and give information on exact weaknesses.

His fear manipulation causes paralysis inducement he's done it before to several characters, in order to resist you need supernatural willpower or fear resistance or a feat that proves fear doesn't effect him which he doesn't have. It's as simple as that.

Back