• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Ghoul Speed Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was technically referring to Abstractions.
Sorry for the delay, but I'll begin the edits in about an hour or two. I've just been caught in a few things and am just a bit busy.

The changes are relatively simple, and won't take me long when I start. Sorry, for the second time.

No problem at all. Your help is very appreciated.

I know the op has been accepted, but just incase I want to post this:

Tokyo Ghoul :Re-visions | VS Battles Wiki Forum
Nikhelton made a comment regarding the high hypersonic calc:
"Well, in defense I will say that on the attached frame the empty space completely repeats the shape of the spear and Amon, which already indicates the streamlining, because in the case of a shock wave we would have a whole dome that would dispel the drops around the circumference."

However this is wrong.
image0.png (854×613) (discordapp.com)
It looks like the droplets are being dispersed omnidirectionally, given they form a circle shape. If they were being streamlined, they wouldn’t look like this, with a noticeable curve going inwards. The art’s kinda weird admittedly but I think it is supposed to be a shockwave dispersing them.

As for narukami's lightning, Ill re address why it is unquantifiable.

Narukami shoots out energized condensed rc cells that seem to show some properties of electricity, but is more is more so like an RCenergy attack. The weapon also has a tracking feature which adjusts the direction of the blast to track targets.

0132-023.png (1115×1600) (discordapp.com) (bottom right profile)

Basically one of the reasons irl lightning is so fast is because it follows the path of least resistance, meaning the current travels along the part of the air that slows it down the least. Which is why lightning bolts strike random places. If it’s guided, that means by definition it isn’t following least resistance, which would mean it has to be slower.
https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/55340/how-does-lightning-know-where-to-go

You might ask: "Would it be possible that it's creating the path of least resistance in order to aim?"

That would be kinda speculative. We can do that irl with lightning rods but it’s a specific mechanism. That being said, voltage and current are also dependent on distance

This video explains it really well:
A charge with the same voltage and current as lightning across 1 meter will have different priorities from that same charge across 2 km.
Lightning speeds are also dependent on specifically the conditions forming lightning in clouds, with a really strong PD difference between the clouds and the ground, and the specific properties of the atmospheres.
Point is there’s a lot of specific conditions that make lightning fast

You can post a link to the calculation here. After that, I can send a notification to a few of them.

Thank you. What has been accepted can probably be used then.

Sorry for the delay, but I'll begin the edits in about an hour or two. I've just been caught in a few things and am just a bit busy.

The changes are relatively simple, and won't take me long when I start. Sorry, for the second time.
I was wondering, when the current thread finishes, if you would also be available for the final revisions afterwards

I was wondering, when the current thread finishes, if you would also be available for the final revisions afterwards
I should be able to, yes.

Fast question, but if Eto's calculation isn't usable, what are we basing the "likely Hypersonic" off of? That's a decent jump in speed.

Her calc is maybe usable, would need to be adjusted.

Likely is for arima and characters that scale above him blitzing part 1 kaneki.

Part 1 kaneki scales to amon, who did the rain parting feat with has to be faster than sound, just not mach 30

Finished, feel free to review the changes.
Kishou Arima | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom
Arima's page needs to be updated
Supersonic, Likely higher (Faster than Eto. Capable of blitzing Part 1 Kaneki)

Renji Yomo | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom
Renji's justification needs to be changed to:
Supersonic (One of the fastest natural ghouls in the series. Faster than Touka)

finally, if possible the verse page needs the speed section updated. Otherwise everything else is perfect.

After this is done, we can close the thread

Yes. Thank you very much for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back