• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Ghoul Speed Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently tokyo ghoul god tiers and some mid tiers are rated as "massively hypersonic", via scaling to kaneki reacting to and blocking lightning from a weapon called narukami.

The issue with this is narukami doesn't shoot out electricity or "lightning"
0132-023.png (1115×1600) (discordapp.com) (bottom profile on the right)

Narukami shoots out energized condensed rc cells that seem to show some properties of electricity, but is more is more so like an RCenergy attack. The weapon also has a tracking feature which adjusts the direction of the blast to track targets. Here some examples of it in usage:
0069-006.png (1115×1600) (discordapp.com)
0070-013.png (1115×1600) (discordapp.com)
N5oDHSs.jpg (1115×1600) (imgur.com)
rn7w3oc.jpg (1115×1600) (imgur.com)

The way it operates is similar to the Kakuja (basically super form of sorts) of a character named tatara, who releases a high density RC cell discharge which reaches a temperature of 4000 degrees Celsius.
0088-006.png (2133×1530) (granpulse.us)

In regards to it being as fast as lightning, basically one of the reasons irl lightning is so fast is because it follows the path of least resistance, meaning the current travels along the part of the air that slows it down the least, which is why lightning bolts strike random places. If it’s guided, that means by definition it isn’t following least resistance, which would mean it has to be slower (such as the tracking device of this weapon).

It is also narratively inconsistent for these characters to be this fast. Even higher end ghouls in sss class can be fought by investigators without being blitzed, such as investigators dodging kakuja eto (who is currently placed at mhs on this site) and engaging her, only losing out in strength.
0135-015.png (2230×1600) (granpulse.us)
0135-016.png (2230×1600) (granpulse.us)
0136-004.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)
0136-005.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)

These investigators have shown at least centisecond reaction speeds, and some have shown the ability to react to characters who create sonic booms with movement, such as kaneki.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet
k6xVePE.jpeg (1115×1600) (imgur.com)
0101-005.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)
0101-006.png (2230×1600) (granpulse.us)

This also brings up the high hypersonic calc used for mid tiers:
User blog:NikHelton/Hypersonic in "Tokyo Ghoul" | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom (first calc)
The issue with this calc is that what is actually happening is that the raindrops are visibly radiating outwards from his step, so they’re being dispersed by the shockwave of him moving. he doesnt have to moving at mach 30 for this to occur, rather just faster than sound.

More consistent showings of speed are:
Naki reacts to and blocks a bullet after it is fired
0127-008.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)
0127-009.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)

Post dragon kaneki makes mach cones
0174-008.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)

Renji yomo blocks bullets
0067-013.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)

Ayato creates a sonic boom with his kagune
0087-016.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)
0087-017.png (2230×1600) (granpulse.us)
0087-018.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)

eto has this hypersonic calc, but im not sure if it was accepted
User blog:TataHakai/Tokyo Ghoul Speed Feat | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom

Tldr: narukami cannot be proven to be firing lightning at "lightning speed" do to how the weapon works, and its far more consistent for even god tiers to be in the supersonic/hypersonic ranges

This would basically be a verse wide downgrade, as but 1 character is listed as either high hypersonic or massively hypersonic

Assuming you mean "can" instead of "call" in the first one, yes, that's the standard approach for doing a CRT.

I agree that the lightning calculation should be removed given what you presented, and think you make sense with your analysis on the High Hypersonic calculation.

Unfortunately, the scan mentioned in Eto's calculation isn't available, so unless someone can find the image mentioned I don't know how usable it can be, even with evaluation.

Last edited:
I agree that the lightning calculation should be removed given what you presented, and think you make sense with your analysis on the High Hypersonic calculation.

Unfortunately, the scan mentioned in Eto's calculation isn't available, so unless someone can find the image mentioned I don't know how usable it can be, even with evaluation.
Here are the eto scans

It seems like this has probably been accepted then.

well then
Lower tiers can scale to naki blocking the bullet or ayato making a sonic boom.
if eto's hypersonic calc is accepted, god tiers can scale from her

Is some experienced member who knows how to edit properly willing to apply this?

reading through alot of the tg pages, they are a mess. most characters lack a justification for speed to begin with, and some are circular.
This will take a while to fix and as such should be done in parts. Ill post the god tiers first, then we can go from there

actually I was just told this regarding the eto calc

"It’s using an arbitrarily high reaction timeframe, though the distance seems fine
It’s using 3 miliseconds instead of 13 miliseconds
That being said, I know Wok has plans to revise how reactions are handled on the site as a whole cause of some research he was doing, so that might kick this in the bucket"

as such using it most likely wouldnt be viable

Last edited:
I can later today, if the work still needs to be done.

If you can give me a summary of the changes and their reasoning, I'll apply them as soon as I am able.

Abstractions:

Thank you for helping out.

Cyber:

No problem.

Whenever this is finished, i have pretty much completed my stuff for the ap revisions. only really need 1 calc checked

No prob.

I mainly decided to do these revisions because after rereading the manga multiple times. it just seemed massively inflated and I was correct in regards to several of the calcs.

I was technically referring to Abstractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back