• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Dragon's Maid got downgraded to 6-C, fortunately there's some of 6-C Godzilla's Kaijus that can be used so the themathic/cinematic fights between these two franchise aren't gone
Beside i also going to use the 6-C Monsters from Monster Hunter as well against Tohru and prolly the other dragons, but we'll see

The holidays for Tohru and her friends was suddenly interrupted by an beast that emerged from the ocean, now headed to Miyako-Jima, the place where the group are in right now!
Mistaken as one of Elma family, turn out to be an monster that aren't from their world, Tohru then chose to fight the beast one one one for preventing it for causing a destruction!

• Super Godzilla is used
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Place: Miyako-Jima
  • images
  • Starting range: 500 Meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • Tohru: 7 (Phoenks, Cinder, Kflare, Popted, Random, Jedi, Glaceon)
  • Super Godzilla: 3 (Laser, Stella, Victor)
  • Inconclusive: 0

Tooru.%28Kobayashi-san.Chi.no.Maid.Dragon%29.600.3506986.jpg

VS
images

Last edited:
Am still considering who to vote for, but... I have to ask: how long does Super Godzilla's time stop last? Like DIO/Jotaro's TS which lasts for only a few seconds? Can it last for however long SG wants it to last? Is there a rest period between TS or is it a one-time use item?
The scan on his profile said momentarily so i'd assume a minute or so.

Godzilla FRA
Godzilla's time stop should work for quite a few seconds and that means that nothing stops him from blasting the absolute heck out of tohru with his atomic breath and superior strength.

I was gonna say Big Lizard fra, but also Veloxt are either of the profiles locked? I though you could just add matches if they weren’t

The counter to BFR has already been stated. His teleportation standard equipment. Can't really teleport the giant if he teleports before Tohru's able to do so. They also won't need to overcome the regeneration to win. Knocking them out should work. Or as stated earlier, their radiation can bypass their healing factor unless Tohru has resistance to radiation (I find it weird that it's not on Super Godzilla's profile given his Atomic Breath as far as I'm concerned is almost always depicted to be radioactive...)

Tohru's range advantage is moot due to time-stop & teleportation. Not to mention Godzilla themself have pretty good versatility. Making Tohru's real only advantages superior intelligence and stamina.

Meanwhile, Godzilla can knock her out with moderate effort without receiving too much damage himself due to superior Attack Potency (Arguably durability too) via amps, can frequently replenish himself due to standard equipment, has alright regeneration of his own, and thus, it should be feasible for them to overcome Tohru. The biggest nuisance is the barriers. But it doesn't seem like Tohru uses that to block literally every attack. It's also possible for Godzilla to simply time stop and fire at Tohru before the time stop ends.
Teleportation can't counter being sent to an entire different dimension/world. Tohru has teleportation as well btw.

Regeneration won't be negated by radiation. When has that ever been a thing?

Knock out has very slim chance of actually happening...

Tojru's replenishing is superior.

Tohru uses barriers a lot and can reflect attacks with her own.

Tohru has her own way to amp herself using magic.

His only big advantage is time stop.

Energy Absorption (Could possibly be used to absorb energy from Tohru's energy attacks)
I wouldn't use "possibly" as a concrete argument of any kind, it also could be more difficult to absorb considering Tohru is casually twice as strong.

Homing Attack (Great counter to Tohru's flight based on the wiki's description on it being effective at taking down flying targets)
To what extent are they effective? It mentions taking down aircraft, not something that can be human-sized and have more freedom in mobility.

Statistic Amplification (The more fighting spirit Godzilla has, the stronger his attacks become. Which could eventually close the AP gap or possibly tip it in his favor. The orb's boost numerous aspects, such as Durability, Red Orb further increases fighting spirit, and thus power)
Okay but how much stronger are we talking? Does it cover the initial casual 2x gap? Does it overcome Tohru's own stat amps through magic? Lots of unanswered questions here.

Stealth Mastery (Unsure of how effective this is, but if it allows them to get sneak attacks in it could be useful)
How?
hqdefault.jpg

Healing (Using certain orbs he can replenish his health)
Tohru has Healing too, along with better Regeneration.

Invulnerability (Temporary invulnerability with an item)
Time Stop (With Freeze Time item)
How long do they last? How will we know Godzilla will choose to access these at an optimal time and not use them up? Can Godzilla for sure win during the timeframe it is active or can monsters on Godzilla's own level survive until the timer runs out? All this determines how valid of a win condition it is.

I'm unsure of that given Super Godzilla should have a marginal AP and Dura advantage (via scaling chain)
Personally don't buy this mindset, a scaling chain could mean a small gap between each link, not enough there to establish superiority over Tohru.

The counter to BFR has already been stated. His teleportation standard equipment.
That is not a BFR counter, that's postponing the inevitable. Items also imply they are finite so he can use them up.

I really don't know guys, I'm personally not buying these reasons for Godzilla winning and I'm not even a diehard Tohru fan. You can say grace has passed but this feels a little like a rushed debate, kind of disappointing.

Last edited:
You can blame FRA train on it, Godzilla supporters has no chill regarding on it lel

You can ask this on removal thread and let this thread vote resetted, how's that?

I didn't even get what reasons people were voting for. The only advantage Godzilla has is time stop.

Everything else is countered by Tohru. And she can literally just BFR him at any point in the fight, which is no less likely than Godzilla using Time Stop.

People we're basically betting on him to use time stop, beat her up and knock her out. Which seems more unlikely than Tohru winning through all of her various advantages I brought up above.

If he doesn't use time stop, mind you, he basically can't win the fight at all lol.

Teleportation can't counter being sent to an entire different dimension/world. Tohru has teleportation as well btw.
Given she has to open a portal he needs to fall into, he sure could teleport before being BFR'd during the time he's falling in.
Think it had something to do with radiation typically causing people to become deathly sick as opposed to causing conventional damage.
I wouldn't use "possibly" as a concrete argument of any kind, it also could be more difficult to absorb considering Tohru is casually twice as strong.
Casually twice as strong? I had heard about a downgrade that would put them at 4.9 Gigatons. Was that false information?
To what extent are they effective? It mentions taking down aircraft, not something that can be human-sized and have more freedom in mobility.
It takes down UFO's yes, ones that fly around quite differently compared to jets or anything like that. Not to mention the blasts would be around 10 or so meters given their size making it quite hard to evade unless she's avoidded homing attacks that are large at that.
Okay but how much stronger are we talking? Does it cover the initial casual 2x gap? Does it overcome Tohru's own stat amps through magic? Lots of unanswered questions here.
Pretty big. The big jump comes from scaling to Bagan who can stomp Base Godzilla. From which Godzilla can scale even higher with high fighting spirit and power ups from standard equipment.
How long do they last? How will we know Godzilla will choose to access these at an optimal time and not use them up? Can Godzilla for sure win during the timeframe it is active or can monsters on Godzilla's own level survive until the timer runs out? All this determines how valid of a win condition it is.
I'll look into it, but given the purpouse it's supposed to serve i wouldn't surprised if it lasted a good amount of time (over 10 seconds give or take). I'll report back once I find out.

Given she has to open a portal he needs to fall into, he sure could teleport before being BFR'd during the time he's falling in.

She has done it via touch before. And he's literally a stupid monster. Don't even think he'd realize lmao.

Think it had something to do with radiation typically causing people to become deathly sick as opposed to causing conventional damage.

Dragon's can't become sick or diseased or anything of the such.

It takes down UFO's yes, ones that fly around quite differently compared to jets or anything like that. Not to mention the blasts would be around 10 or so meters given their size making it quite hard to evade unless she's avoidded homing attacks that are large at that.

I mean she's avoided beams shot directly at her that are bigger than 10m so i don't see the issue. Once again she also outranges severely.

She has done it via touch before. And he's literally a stupid monster. Don't even think he'd realize lmao.
They're certainly not smart, but they're not a stupid monster. They've got surprisingly good combat skills and seem to understand the suggestions made by humans regarding combat as well.

Although if she can teleport him via touch I might have to change my vote (Tho not sure it matters since graze passed already) since she simply needs to touch him and the battle's over, making it completely one-sided in her favor.

I mean she's avoided beams shot directly at her that are bigger than 10m so i don't see the issue. Once again she also outranges severely.
As she avoided homing attacks that are around 10+ meters? Normal attacks and homing attacks are not the same. One goes in a single direction and can be easily evaded. One follows you even after attempting to evade it.

She has done it via touch before. And he's literally a stupid monster. Don't even think he'd realize lmao
Oi oi oi, this is sound kinda downplaying
I mean by the kaiju standard, Godzilla (especially Heisei) aren't stupid in his way or another

Are votes still open or not? I'm rather confused on that since I thought the match was already added to their profiles since grace had already passed.

Oi oi oi, this is sound kinda downplaying
I mean by the kaiju standard, Godzilla (especially Heisei) aren't stupid in his way or another
I mean would he even be able to tell a portal just opened underneath him? Lol.

Anyways, this does put a smile on my face. Tohru for the win

I mean would he even be able to tell a portal just opened underneath him? Lol.
When you start falling, I think anyone, including Godzilla would realize even before fully falling through. Godzilla seems to have basic cognitive skill, and I'm certain he would realize if a portal opened beneath him.

Are votes still open or not? I'm rather confused on that since I thought the match was already added to their profiles since grace had already passed.
Also this ^ I thought the threads ended after grace ended and the match was already added to the profile. Wouldn't the ideal idea be to request someone or something to remove the match from the character's profiles rather than continue or is that not how it works here? I assumed after grace was over a thread was done.

Godzilla's items power-ups last up at least more than 1 minute, I remember them actually being a good tactic in-game to avoid problems depending on the moment. Also saying that Godzilla is stupid is pure ignorantism, he is an alternate timeline for the movies Heisei incarnation which actually demonstrates emotions and actual tactics in-combat, and even in the endgame they point out Godzilla's point of view after getting out from their control. Also being just resistant to diseases is definitely not enough to resist ionizing radiation, that is blatantly wrong, ionizing radiation tears electrons off atoms and kills your molecules, being simply immune to diseases won't help anything here.

Godzilla's items power-ups last up at least more than 1 minute, I remember them actually being a good tactic in-game to avoid problems depending on the moment. Also saying that Godzilla is stupid is pure ignorantism, he is an alternate timeline for the movies Heisei incarnation which actually demonstrates emotions and actual tactics in-combat, and even in the endgame they point out Godzilla's point of view after getting out from their control. Also being just resistant to diseases is definitely not enough to resist ionizing radiation, that is blatantly wrong, ionizing radiation tears electrons off atoms and kills your molecules, being simply immune to diseases won't help anything here.
More than a minute? As in time stop lasts for over a minute? That's an easy win-con in that case. I thought it would've lasted a few seconds, sadly though, I couldn't find any playthroughs where anyone used it. That's kinda nuts.

Good point about the ionization radiation too. Not sure how Tohru's going to counter being frozen for like a minute or being irradiated.

More than a minute? As in time stop lasts for over a minute? That's an easy win-con in that case. I thought it would've lasted a few seconds, sadly though, I couldn't find any playthroughs where anyone used it. That's kinda nuts.

Good point about the ionization radiation too. Not sure how Tohru's going to counter being frozen for like a minute or being irradiated.
There you go friend, time stop activates at 51:53 and stops at 53:57 only because you found Battra's cocoon which starts a small cutscene, so even more than 1 minute.

Updated the OP and looks like Tohru need 3 more votes

As for the fellow Godzilla supporters who's likely going butthurt about it (pls i hope not), i just want to make both sides have a satisfactiond reaching the conclusion together

For now I'll still lean on team Godzilla. Being able to stop time for like over a minute is pretty broken. If Thoru's got a counter, then Tohru wins zero-diff given they can apparently teleport others away by simply touching them. So if there's a counter to the time stop, I'll be voting for Tohru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back