• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Dragon's Maid got downgraded to 6-C, fortunately there's some of 6-C Godzilla's Kaijus that can be used so the themathic/cinematic fights between these two franchise aren't gone
Beside i also going to use the 6-C Monsters from Monster Hunter as well against Tohru and prolly the other dragons, but we'll see

The holidays for Tohru and her friends was suddenly interrupted by an beast that emerged from the ocean, now headed to Miyako-Jima, the place where the group are in right now!
Mistaken as one of Elma family, turn out to be an monster that aren't from their world, Tohru then chose to fight the beast one one one for preventing it for causing a destruction!

• Super Godzilla is used
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Place: Miyako-Jima
  • images
  • Starting range: 500 Meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • Tohru: 7 (Phoenks, Cinder, Kflare, Popted, Random, Jedi, Glaceon)
  • Super Godzilla: 3 (Laser, Stella, Victor)
  • Inconclusive: 0

Tooru.%28Kobayashi-san.Chi.no.Maid.Dragon%29.600.3506986.jpg

VS
images

Last edited:
For now I'll still lean on team Godzilla. Being able to stop time for like over a minute is pretty broken. If Thoru's got a counter, then Tohru wins zero-diff given they can apparently teleport others away by simply touching them. So if there's a counter to the time stop, I'll be voting for Tohru.
How likely is he to use it

tfw the tanks was able to attack godzilla during timestop.

Also, I call bs on the time stop being a standard item. he literally picked it up on the ground.

Tanks still attack him due to the game mechanics and limitations, they can cause damage on every item power except the invincibility one.

The tanks are literally the only thing that can harm Godzilla during TS only when he step on the mines, literally game mechanics because absolutely nothing beyond this immediately ignores the power-up and attacks Godzilla, an enemy like an UFO or a boss can't attack you unless if you start a cutscene which then it just returns to your time stop when it ends, that happens due to the game code, it can't be changed.

tfw the tanks was able to attack godzilla during timestop.

Also, I call bs on the time stop being a standard item. he literally picked it up on the ground.
If what you say is true then it wouldn’t be standard equipment if he picks it up from the ground then it would be safe to assume that he won't have access to time stop therefore every point with ts is null and void.

idk why it's even on the standard item.

The game literally tells you to gather them as you move around and battle the kaiju
DfW6wfd.png

since his decisive wincon is TS then I don't think he can cheese Tohru that easily

I'm voting Tohru FRA and my own reason regarding TS usability and inconsistency

Huh, in that case, I change my vote to Tohru. She zero diffs (Pretty much all of the items in his standard equipment section are picked off the ground as far as I'm aware too).

I don't think stomp matches can be added to the profile if memory serves me right. I certainly think the fight is a stomp in Tohru's favor.

As far as I know, Godzilla has zero win-cons. The abilities that I thought were previously standard equipment and allowed Super Godzilla to pull a win are all apparently optional equipment. Tohru has better range, can simply teleport Godzilla by apparently just touching them, can open portals, has strong barriers, etc.

Godzilla doesn't really stand any chance here, lol. Seems like a stomp to me.

he has wincons but they are very unlikely to happen because of tohru's arsenal. they have close AP and durability they can basically beat each other to death without abilities if they want and that would count as wincon. having no wincons means nothing of his abilities are capable of putting tohru down or killing her.

Almost equivalent statistics (and thus allowing Godzilla to harm Tohru) isn't really much of a win-con. A win-con is more of a reliable tactic that would allow Godzilla to win rather than a distinct possibility. In order for this win-con to apply, Tohru would have to act completely out of character and Godzilla would need to somehow wail on Tohru for a significant period of time to knock out Tohru (Killing doesn't seem to be an option due to her regeneration). According to the wiki's 'stomp thread page' for a match to not be a stomp, but rather a decisive win, the match has to fit one of these criteria:

• Both characters have several methods of winning, including options that allow them to win instantly. However, one character can reliably use/activate their winning move(s) first.
  • One character has more ways to win than the other, but the other character wins more times than not due to matchup specifics that allow/cause them to use their winning move(s) immediately.
  • Both characters are otherwise evenly matched in terms of stats and abilities, but one has regeneration that the other cannot easily surmount.
  • Both characters are evenly matched and have regenerative and defensive abilities that prevent the other from killing them, but one character has moves that allow for them to gain the upper hand.
Both characters don't have several methods of winning (I assume that is long for a win-con), Godzilla has one distinct win-con, that being praying they can knock Tohru out.

The other criteria more obviously don't apply here.

I still believe this to be a stomp. Godzilla's only 'win-con' is that they can beat Tohru into incapacitation, but that's obviously a 'win-con' for most battles where characters are relative. That doesn't immediately validate it as a non-stomp match.

you're tunneling into technical meanings missing the point.

they have several methods with other abilities if they hit and was successful.

and no the 4th criteria apply to this because that's where Tohru's wincon revolves around. her abilities that she can utilize in defensive manner such as teleportation to avoid the absorption and energy manipulation and teleportation which is something that godzilla easily gain advantage off.

i can go ahead and explain every other scenarios where Godzilla can win whether by luck or by Tohru messing up her defensive maneuvers or flight or by pure outsmarting her usage. another would be outlasting tohru with stamina since Tohru most likely has lower stamina unlike Godzilla who is extremely high stamina

you're tunneling into technical meanings missing the point.

they have several methods with other abilities if they hit and was successful.
What 'several methods'? As far as I'm aware, Godzilla's a brute force fighter. Obviously not a dumb brute force fighter, but a brute force fighter regardless (barring his optional equipment which can no longer be used due to restrictions). He's got a blunt force beams, and can use blunt force physical attacks.

and no the 4th criteria apply to this because that's where Tohru's wincon revolves around. her abilities that she can utilize in defensive manner such as teleportation to avoid the absorption and energy manipulation and teleportation which is something that godzilla easily gain advantage off.
Let's look into the fourth criteria again
  • Both characters are evenly matched and have regenerative and defensive abilities that prevent the other from killing them, but one character has moves that allow for them to gain the upper hand.
While Godzilla's durability would cause him to be hard to kill, his regeneration is very low (I don't know if we even see the regeneration in-game). The win-con states that they can't kill eachother (due to durability and regenerative abilities). While that is applicable to Tohru who's regeneration is far superior to Godzilla's, it's not applicable to Godzilla. Tohru could very well win with solely brute force if they wanted to (Especially given their range advantage) in addition to their abilities that offer instant wins.

i can go ahead and explain every other scenarios where Godzilla can win whether by luck or by Tohru messing up her defensive maneuvers or flight or by pure outsmarting her usage. another would be outlasting tohru with stamina since Tohru most likely has lower stamina unlike Godzilla who is extremely high stamina
Is 'luck' even a win-con? A LOT of characters can win by 'luck'. Maybe you meant to use a different choice of words, but luck really hold much weight when determining a win-con.

Tohru's stamina from what I was told by the Tohru supporters have significantly better stamina. He stamina literally scales to someone who can fight in a war for thousands of years, and I was told she has limitless stamina herself. Assuming Tohru does mess up her maneuvers, it won't really matter. Godzilla can't really do much against her far superior regen.

I clarified why in the last comment refuting Jedi's arguments. A decisive win would be if Godzilla had a viable win-con. He doesn't have on here, however. Tohru's regeneration as I've been told is nuts, meaning Godzilla can't cause lasting damage, in addition, I've been told she has limitless stamina, and on her profile, she scales to someone who fought in a war for thousands of years non-stop. Meaning Godzilla wouldn't even be capable of a win through even the most basic of ways (Physical combat). He doesn't possess many abilities himself either, as most of them stemmed from the Standard equipment that is no longer applicable here.

It might be a bit different if his optional equipment was allowed, but that's explicitly restricted within the post.

If Super Godzilla still has his power-up items then I still retain my vote, also regeneration wouldn't be much of help as his radioactivity itself already attacks your molecules and he managed to deal against Biollante who should regenerate faster and better than Godzilla's regen (who might have the same regen level as the movie as it the game is an alternate timeline for the Heisei era).

Meh, I don't know if it's a stomp, but whatever happened to your argument about homing attacks, AP, and knockout?

Aren't those part of his win-cons?

I agree that Tohru wins pretty easily most times, but he might be able to catch her with LS in certain conditions.

If he has a wincon, I think it's most likely via higher LS.

Wait, so all of their abilities are now unrestricted? In that case I might revert back to my previous stance, time stop and his other buffs and items are pretty OP.

Meh, I don't know if it's a stomp, but whatever happened to your argument about homing attacks, AP, and knockout?
I found that to be more feasible because of the amps from power-ups, allowing him the edge and stamina to do so. Without it, his edge over them is lessened, and from what I recall, Tohru's Dura scales above their AP, so the amp was certainly needed.
I agree that Tohru wins pretty easily most times, but he might be able to catch her with LS in certain conditions.

If he has a wincon, I think it's most likely via higher LS.
That's true, but can't Tohru teleport? LS won't matter much if she just poofs out of his hand. It becomes a useless edge.

If Super Godzilla still has his power-up items then I still retain my vote, also regeneration wouldn't be much of help as his radioactivity itself already attacks your molecules and he managed to deal against Biollante who should regenerate faster and better than Godzilla's regen (who might have the same regen level as the movie as it the game is an alternate timeline for the Heisei era).
While the radiation could be viable, I didn't bother to ask, but how potent was Godzilla's radiation shown to be in the Heisei movies (Given that the games are based on the movies)?

It infected an entire city with liters of ionizing radiation with his mere presence, some sources also states that his atomic breath is cherenkov radiation which can be harmful to people if they're too close.

It infected an entire city with liters of ionizing radiation with his mere presence, some sources also states that his atomic breath is cherenkov radiation which can be harmful to people if they're too close.
So basically Tohru will be more inclined to range him? Nice.

So basically Tohru will be more inclined to range him? Nice.
Likely yes, but I'm not sure they'd realize that until after experiencing the effects if radiation (Given they'd need to be inflicted with it to know it's there) at which point would likely have caused irreversible effects. Not to mention, opening distance between the two fighters is hard when Godzilla can teleport (Not to mention has the ability to freeze time for quite a while)

Wait, I thought we were still discussing. You just allowed optional equipment which changes things. We need more input now, just closing it after allowing that seems really rushed. Especially since you were able to wait after Godzilla initially had it added to his profile.

I allowed the equipments LONG TIME AGO, seriously this is why you guys should check out the OP first before debating
For the record, i've been restricted the equipment when i published this match but as the debate goes i'll decide to unrestrict it (its when Confluctor showed up so a previous page ago)

I allowed the equipments LONG TIME AGO, seriously this is why you guys should check out the OP first before debating
I was confused since you suggested restricting what I presume you initially believed was optional equipment until you were told it was standard equipment and thus couldn't. So I was under the assumption we couldn't use optional equipment until you said so yesterday.

Regardless, it seems very brief to suddenly wish it to randomly be closed now, now that I'm certain and others (Clearly I'm not the only one who thought it was restricted since Zeed changed his vote back to Godzilla after realizing it too) would likely now have another opinion regarding the match-up. We weren't this quick to close the match when Godzilla had won, in fact, we waited a while, and had an entirely different debate until the tides changed. So closing it now, when the same has happened but in favor of Tohru comes off as bias to me.

Could we not have a day or two before closing the thread as we did when it was the other way around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back