• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
But that's need physical contact to destory the heart and brain? If yes then astral dress will save her from that.

An intangible attack that goes through and especially targets her vital organs? When has her dress ever protected her from that kind of attack?

Telekinetic Forcefield: Tohka can stop and repel physical attacks with a gesture thanks to a forcefield that she can activate with a thought.

I'm pretty sure The World phases through that.

Didn't Dio get almost incapped by one blow to the head from Star Platinum, and died to one strong blow to the leg?

Chances are he'd be spending the entire battle regenerating because every time he exits Za Warudo time stop, he'd blasted to hell and back more ways than one. Seriously, a majority of the time DIO is hit, it easily breaks or goes through him.

His only hope is a very OOC move when she can just blast him into oblivion. Plus, we have no way of knowing or believing that Dio even knows about the crushing heart move at all. When Jotaro used it, he didn't have the slightest idea what Jotaro was doing.

I vote Tohka due to likely taking it more seriously at first, teleportation, and Dio likely never using a heart crush.

The World has Intangibility that is selective, I don't know what that means but according to Xtasy, DIO's stand should be able to phase through those defenses. Not really phasing through her body to reach for her organs and pull Ainz's infamous move though. Also DIO can fly to avoid attacks as well as use his time stop. The World's fists and kicks will phase through her dress and hit her vulnerable body in time stop.

Voting DIO.

Theoretically Dio could, but he quite literally never used it before, ever. He didn't even see it as a possibility when Jotaro used it on himself. We don't even know if he knows how to do the technique in the first place, because again, he's shown not the slightest clue that he knows how.

Yes, you are correct that DIO doesn't phase through organs with his stand. However, he'll know that there's a forcefield covering her while he's thinking of what to do in stopped time. DIO is not dull, he should easily find out something is protecting her and use The World to phase through the dress and hit her skin instead.

Also, if you want an example, remember when Joseph had a vest of Hamon? Dio, if he knew how to do that, could of just punched through it. But he didn't. Against Jotaro, he could of recognized that Jotaro could of done it. But he didn't. Even at the very end of the fight when Jotaro was taking the upper hand, he never even attempted it. Because he probably doesn't know it exists.

Let's say you have the power to grow wings and fly. Except you don't know. Your parents don't know. Nobody knows and you have no reason to know. But, theoretically, there is a way for you to do it. If you were to get into a fist fight, I highly doubt suddenly angel wings would sprout from your body to help you kick a guy's ass.

So if you say the forcefields will prompt him to phase through them? Talk to Joseph. Dio could of easily phased through the Hamon-charged Hermit Purple and for the kill.

But he didn't.

He didn't do it since he knew Joseph had Hamon infused in his body. You know Joseph is very tricky right? Even Hamon can be conducted through The World. Joseph's own stand is an example of stands conducting Hamon. Thus he chose not to hit him with The World, going for a knife throw instead.

DIO already knew that he can fly. Part 1 Dio Brando, for example.

Ah, that is true. But he still did not recognize Jotaro's use of it at all, nor did he even try it when he was losing, winning, or had a clean shot. In that long fight, he never tried it.

I highly doubt he knows about it or will use it.

Also, the wings was an analogy. Obviously Dio can fly, he spent all of the part 3 fight flying.

It's merely a comparison for how if you don't know you can use a technique or do a thing, you are very unlikely to do it. And until I see evidence that DIO knows how to do it, my vote is on Tohka.

Right, but she can really just make more. This will end one of two ways-

Tohka will overwhelm Dio due to him relying on regen to survive things. Every time he escapes Time Stop, he gets bombarded by attacks or teleport and then hit. Seeing how Jotaro rendered him helpless in one blow and killed him with another, Dio will be kinda ****** and will just die eventually.

Or, she decides she can't kill him and plays incredibly defensively. Teleports away, puts up barriers, and tries to figure out some sort of weakness. She's smart enough as a battler that, if she realizes nothing she does hurts Dio, she's not going to keep on trying.

Since Dio doesn't know of intangibility to crush hearts and the like, Tohka will either blast him into oblivion or incidentally wait until day time, and from there, she wins.

I mean, there was no indication Jotaro knew SP could do that and he just did it. "Onaji Stando da" hijinks might apply here, especially since other Stands have also shown this property. Also, he's fighting her the entire night, he has plenty of time to figure it out.

Figuring out something he doesn't know he or anyone else can do?

Jotaro did it. How? Nobody knows. Chances are it was instinctive, as so a lot of what he did when he didn't understand his Stand.

Dio? Hasn't done anything like that. At all. No proof that he could come up with it. Until a reason for him knowing how to do it or knowing he can at all comes up, that reason can't be used for Dio.

@Pixel Excuse me, but you're talkimg about a guy who's trained for months with his Stand ever since he got it and has a following of a bunch of Stand users and you're telling me he doesn't know one of the most basic aspects of it?

That he has never, ever used before nor ever suspected anyone else of using it?

It's quite clear. If he hasn't used the ability and hasn't shown that he knows the ability exists, he can't use the ability.

Right, and he didn't. He was confused and never understood how Jotaro did it.

Never understood? Surely you don't mean that he thought Jotaro has some inhuman abilities other than Star Platinum? Also, DIO has an entire night to figure it out. If Jotaro did, why can't DIO?

Because Jotaro did it. How, we don't know. But he did, Dio didn't. By that same logic, Jotaro killed Dio with raw power, so Tohka will do. The difference is, that comparison is somewhat likely to happen.

"Jotaro killed Dio with raw power, so Tohka will do." You're blowing things out of proportion here. The reasons Jotaro won is because:

1. Jotaro could move in stopped time.

2. Jotaro could interact with Stands.

3. DIO was being controlled by PIS.

The reasons I mentioned above ain't gonna happen here.

Also, show me one scene in the fight where intangibilty was gonna be useful to DIO?

Verse equalization means stands are not invincible and moving in stopped time has nothing to do with AP, and Tohka's literal invulnerability to all of Dio's attacks should do her a fine job of keeping up with him.

Intangibility would of been useful at killing Jotaro anytime ever. At all.

Your vote relies on someone pulling an unknown technique out of their ass.

ThePixelKirby said:
Verse equalization means stands are not invincible
You mean invisible? and no, I've heard that this is no longer a thing.

An admin of some sorts could clarify but while I believe they are invisible I believe they can also be hurt and damaged.

Stands can be hurt if they get caught in an attack and the user doesn't make them selectively intangible. But since making Stands selectively intangible is something that always happens out of combat and isn't in character, you may assume that it doesn't happen at all.

So Stands can be hurt by the opponent but they'll remain invisible to them.

Fairly sure it's not that way but let's get this settled before the debate continues.

Back