• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 6

He does it through the process of adiabatic expansion. Accelerator can manipulate things like gas, air and matter at a subatomic level this allows him to manipulate temperature.

Someone else might be able to explain it better though.

well this time he used pressure (have u ever used deodorant or air can ? it gets colder when u use it right ? same process, the inverse can be made too, like with tear gas cans, don't touch them with ur hand))

It's another application of matter and air but it sthould still technically be categorized as Temperature manipulation since the end result is a temperature rise or drop.

I agree it probably should just categorized as Temperture Manipulation; also all of Accelerator's powers are applications and sub applications of his powers anyway. Like Plasma manipulation is a sub application to his Air manipulation which is an application to his vector Manipulation.

Should I make a minor CRT?

Also I forgot to add on earlier, I like the fact that once again it's shown that Accel can also manipulate the magnitude of something and not just the direction. It should have been obvious but again it's good to see.

Btw, i'm the only one who think the keys in both Aleister's and Accel's profiles are unnecessary? Aleister has 3 keys, but the second and the third are with spells he has in "base form", and Accel only needs 2 keys, Pre-HS and Current, because the wings don't need any prep and will show whenever he is in "berserker mode" or "normal mode", black and white wings respectively, and he can use PW at will.

Aleister debateably doesn't need as many keys as he does, yes, but Accelerator's is better for convenience sake, especially with Platinum Wings having clearly higher feats.

I can easily see Accel being "5B, 4B while in PW", not only that, but his powers and abilities is also separeted, but i don't think he still needs any wings to vector-control thing from a distance and already used regen neg without black wings.

I'm in two minds about this. On one hand I can understand why we have seperate wing keys for Accelerator but on the other hand it also doesn;t make much sense to have all these keys, espeically since he can used all of them at will. The wings are more of a power than they are a form.

I suppose we could do a seperate thread and see what others think. Personally I don't mind either way.

There's a new feats section and it's added as one of his weaknesses at the very bottom, along with thing that have no vectors, the second one is fine but Accelerator never said that attacks like that would work but that he didn't know. It's more of an unknown. Spatial attacks can work but the text makes it sound like any spaital attack can bypass reflection which it can't. It can only do so if it manages to hit Accelerator's coordinates to his reflection by finding his blindspot.

"Curtana Second will take priority over all else and cut through all dimensions as long as it is in this country. I don't fully understand that reflection of yours, but if I slice through the very coordinates at which the barrier exists, the damage gets through. Isn't that right?"

and

"Nothing I do can arrive in time in the areas you have already calculated out, but you are only acquiring information through your ordinary eyes, ears, nose, tongue, and skin. That means the direction you face is a crucial factor. The difference might be small, but if I keep it up, it will grow to an expanse too wide to ignore."

no that when he dodges, spatial attack that attack the field directly will work , if he didn't calculate the strike then he would have died, that's why he dodged and only grazed the nose

Obv they will need to work up to the eleven dimensions

No, that was not when he dodges. Dodging an attack doesn't need calculation, she was referring to his reflection which is why she says that nothing she does will arrive in the areas that he's already calculated out.

Do you have trouble reading or something?

Dude , elizard does not even know how esper work, she does not know it's even vector based reflection she just assumed it's a barrier

And dodging an attack needs calculation , that's for everyone if u are a normal living being

It litteraly means he needs to calculate where the next strike comes to dodge, in th first place Accel reflection calculation don't need his eyes or anything , she means normal calculation for dodging , similar to how u guess where something is gonna fall

Even the course of the physical sword itself was twisted at the moment of impact.

However…

"It would seem you cannot prevent the actual omnidimensional slicing."

"Tch."

The child clicked his tongue at the adult's comment.

"Curtana Second will take priority over all else and cut through all dimensions as long as it is in this country. I don't fully understand that reflection of yours, but if I slice through the very coordinates at which the barrier exists, the damage gets through. Isn't that right?" Elizard flipped the flat-tipped sword around to change her stance. "Knowing you are not untouchable is enough for me… Now it comes down to whether or not I can focus on finding an opportunity."

With the sound of something slicing through the air, Elizard disappeared.

Accelerator did not even turn his head.

He took a casual step back just before the giant guillotine of omnidimensional slicing swung down at him from the side. It grazed the tip of his nose, but he was not the type to let anything show on his face.

"I doubt you're just swinging that thing around at random."

"You were a little slow to move there." Perhaps as a sign of respect for his observation, the queen regnant spoke up with Curtana Second at the ready. "Nothing I do can arrive in time in the areas you have already calculated out, but you are only acquiring information through your ordinary eyes, ears, nose, tongue, and skin. That means the direction you face is a crucial factor. The difference might be small, but if I keep it up, it will grow to an expanse too wide to ignore."

She still knew he used reflection, she may not know how it worked, as she stated herself but she still knew he was reflecting her attacks, that much was pretty much obvious to her.

She also admitted that she couldn't attack just randomly, if she could truly just slice through his reflection, she would have done so before and would have managed to harm him. She wouldn't have needed to mention reflection at all since she would know that it didn't matter in their fight. She wouldn't have said later that Accelerator was strong enough to take on Curtana second.

I mean really, it's not rocket science.

No it's u that are over reaching

1 the statment about calculation does not make sense, reflection does not need eyes or anything of the sort it works even when he sleeps so that is out , that's why it's about calculating where the strike will land and dodge something anyone's needs to do , it makes even more sense as she does not know how esper powers works and so would not know about the needs of calculations

2 she can't attack randomly cause she needs to hit only the field and he can see where the slice will end up so he just dodges

3 Accel can take on curtana if it's not directly slicing in the shield or if it's got partially hit , if the slice happen in the field it takes priority, that's why he got a scratch on the nose, and has to keep dodging the dimensional slice inside his field

Simply put a spatial hax that surpasses the 11th D can arm Accel with the right coordinates

No, he can take on the Omnidirectional slicing head on which was stated in the actual text. I see you choose to ignore the actual text. You choose to ignore the fact that Elizard mentions his reflection when there would be no reason to if she can just ignore his shield, after all distance doesn;t mean a thing. There wouldn't have been any need to mention the fact he faced the omnidirectional slicing head on, if he didn't, it was made clear that he faced the slice not the sword, the slice.

In fact it makes no sense at all to mention reflection at all on Elizard's part.

Also it didn't scatched him. It grazed his nose, there's no mention of a scatch. show me where it says that.

Learn to read.

Yep, looking forward to seeing that. They'll be doing DF and DR so we'll get to see Mikoto's fight with Doppelganger too.

So L6S Misaka, dragons, and a powerful lightning attack all in one season. Plus Gunha!!!

Dude he can take it on normally but if the coordinates are inside the field it byppas Accel personal reality (makes sense as curtana can slice phases and personal reality are like mini phases)

Grazed, scratch same meaning, the slice bypassed the shield and touched him

It's litterally said in the text she can't hit him normally but she can use that trick

Stop wanking unless u wanna litteraly deny the novel ," field invincible never penetrated , what it says he got grazed ? Fake news MAGA make accelerator great again"

We litteraly had this discussion the previous CTR about curtana

As I remember curtana have 2 ability omnidimensional and omnidirectional slash. Omnidirectional is ability to cut any coordinate just by swung her curtana and omnidimensional is ability to cut all dimension

Accel can defend against omnidirectional attack that targeted inside his reflection, but his reflection kinda bypassed just by using omnidimensional cut at where his reflection active

Yes, and nobody agreed with you, as per usual. Who is wanking? It's not me who's ignoring the actual text. It's you and I see your true colors are showing now. I mean, I'm not surprised, you are always trying your hardest to downgrade him or say things that isn't true because you yourself don;t like it.

Yes Accel can reflect both , but when combined and spawned inside the field curtana takes priority but only in that case

Reyzakurrota said:
Accel can defend against omnidirectional cut that targeted inside his reflection, but his reflection kinda bypassed just by using omnidimensional cut at where his reflection active
Exactly what I've been trying to say but apparently he can't defend against it at all.

No dude fuxk u i fought hard to get Accel to have the scaling ap, I'm just tired of people making Accel a marysue for super powers,

I was here fighting for Accel no magnitude reflection from way before nt 22

We litteraly had this argument in the CTR look it up

No, the Omnidirection is the spell she uses by hitting the ground with Curtana, which is said to damage the blade. The Omnidimensional the dimension severing spell.

Omnidimenional is different from omnidirectional. Omnidirectional is ability to cut any coordinate just by swung curtana, this one can be reflected if the coordinate inside the reflection, the second is omnidimensional,, the ability to cut all dimension. This ability can bypassed accel reflection if attack the coordinate where the reflection is exist

Scrlk666777 said:
Yes, and nobody agreed with you, as per usual. Who is wanking? It's not me who's ignoring the actual text. It's you and I see your true colors are showing now. I mean, I'm not surprised, you are always trying your hardest to downgrade him or say things that isn't true because you yourself don;t like it.
Yes a lot of people agree with u and by a lot u mean 0, stop wanking and read

Reyzakurrota said:
Omnidimenional is different from omnidirectional. Omnidirectional is ability to cut any coordinate just by swung curtana, this one can be reflected if the coordinate inside the reflection, the second is omnidimensional,, the ability to cut all dimension. This ability can bypassed accel reflection if attack the coordinate where the reflection is exist
No, the only omniDIRECTIONAL attack Curtana has is the explosion by hitting the ground, no other attack is OmniDirectional.

Back