• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 3

@Trulybehind

As others have said, while he hasn't done so onscreen, he was mentioned to have reflected esper teleporters in the past when he fought magicians in WWIII. We only know that it causes weird stuff to happen, but no more details were given.

ED: Btw, another of Kamachi's web crossovers seems to have been translated (Crossing Heavy Object with Toaru and The Weakness of Beatrice). I would recommend having a basic knowledge of the other Kamachi series before reading.

I'm in the middle of reading it, Subsonic Kuroko and City level durability Saiai when? XD

LazyHunter ...
you know we are talking about the same thing right ? When you doge or do something you need to calculate the movements the brain does that subconsciously those calculations become more easy the more you do them

Actually We have seen Accelerator reflect teleportation in his manga, when he destroyed the two lvl 5 mechs who i forget their names are.

LordAizenSama said:
Actually We have seen Accelerator reflect teleportation in his manga, when he destroyed the two lvl 5 mechs who i forget their names are.

did he reflect it ? at what page ?

The other web crossover was also translated, this one being a multiversal blind group date between most MCs and main heroines of Kamachi's works. I'm surprised that Mikoto and Milinda didn't show up in this one.

Ironically, this non-canon comedy crossover has both the best and the worst feats/statements for the White Queen. She's stated to be able to destroy a timeline, does a big bang at the end that destroys the universe, erases someone from existence and is stated to be stronger than Perfect Othinus. On the other hand a regular Heavy Object tranquilizer gun is able to make her powered up USMDSGMR version asleep.

I'm obviously not taking a gag comedy crossover seriously. I only bothered to mention it and say it's non-canon in case someone comes along and tries to use it to demand an upgrade for her like what happened a while ago.

I still wonder why these teleporter robot can teleport accel. There is few scenario why it happening:

1. These fight is after accel just recently got head injured. Even in prior chapter his head injure reopened because he use his power

2. These robot have higher calculation. But i think it rather impossible because from mina mather statement that his calculation is on of the best in AC and outclassed by mina, an ex-true processing device that comparable to tree diagram

3. These teleporter robot is the first time accel reflection counter a teleport-based power so thus teleport power can bypass accel. But just like dark matter kakine, accel reflction can adapt with teleport power and can reflect those teleport power because accel can defeat those robot easily after he taking down psychokinesis robot. Furthermore in ww3, he comment when he reflect a teleporter power a a strange phenomone occured, maybe he is reffering to teleporter robot in estelle arc. What do you think guys?

Taotie was only able to teleport Accelerator after linking its power with Qiong Qi, who already had an undisclosed trick to partially bypass Accelerator's reflection that depended on calculations. So basically it could do that because the Qiong Qi could, and was easily stomped off-panel after Accelerator fought and destroyed Qiong Qi.

No. First time it happened Accelerator didn't understand the mechanics behind the trick. Accelerator later said "You won't reach me with calculations that sloppy" when Qiong Qi was heavily damaged and failed to harm Accelerator, so it's apparently based on the mech's calculations.

Shouldn't accel ignore durability with vector control ? After all he can just use the force that atoms use to hold them self together to separate them it may not be matter destruction, but he can still pass his hand through everything

Question about to aru series. Does to aru mini series like 'to aru nichijou no index-san is considered as non-canon or canon for the series? It is like daily life of our to aru character

The durability negation of Accelerator was because of his wings, but just like Kazakiri's, I can't find a feat or statement of him destroying matter with them that supports it. In fact, given that he uses them to move the ground in his second fight with Touma the ability was already a bit suspicious. The only thing even close to Durability Negation you get about angel wings is the narration going that they "feel as if they could slice/smash through anything in the world" or something like that, which is clearly just standard hyperbole.

He still has the ability of making internal attacks and thus bypass stronger outer layers like armor and skin/muscles to target the organs, but that's like the weakest form of durability negation I can think of.

Im half way in reading nt19, but i still confused with story chronology.

First in nt19 accel is searching for wanted ciminal aka a/o francisca. But when he found the wanted criminal why he didn't finish her of. I pretty sure accel can easily defeated wanted criminal processor suit just like what he did to hamazura suit..?

didn't he phase his arm like butter in the wall when he trowed it to WB and shouldn't his reflection by default allow him to pass trough all matter ?

@Reyzakurrota

Nah, Accelerator wanted to destroy one of the Processor Suits so that the Bank was up and running again and the regular daily life of Academy City could return. He didn't particularly care which one he had to destroy, which is why he attacked Hamazura's. And he thought both were wrecked at the botanical garden fight so he thought he had finished his job, not expecting that both could recover from that level of damage.

"Tch… But I thought they were both destroyed back at that botanical garden. Damn those zombie machines. Did they patch together the torn wires to get them back up and running?"

@Malox1696

Hell, no. It's simply that with his level of strength putting an arm through a wall is child's play.

Accelerator stuck his hand into a nearby concrete wall. He manipulated the vectors so his arm sank in as easily as if the wall was made of tofu. Accelerator shouted so loud blood came from his throat and he moved his arm complexly around in the wall.

LazyHunter said:
@Malox1696

Hell, no. It's simply that with his level of strength putting an arm through a wall is child's play.

Accelerator stuck his hand into a nearby concrete wall. He manipulated the vectors so his arm sank in as easily as if the wall was made of tofu. Accelerator shouted so loud blood came from his throat, and he moved his arm complexly around in the wall.
isn't durability a vector ? shouldn't durability be the maximum force an object can send back before being overpowered ? Like : ----> I , ---->I<---- shouldn't the force be reflected making it ----I----> after all he did break that one kid arm when was just trying to touch him not trying to push him with enough force to break an arm

edit:and didn't the novel mention that if accel didn't let thing like gravity and attrition work on him he would sink to the core of the earth

Ah oke, so accel thought that damage inflicted to those powersuit is enough to destroy them so he leave. But unfortunetly they can patch up and recover. But it not like accel. If he want to destroy an enemy he will destroy them until completly destroy to the pieces

@Malox1696 No? A vector is way to represent a force or something that has both magnitude and direction. Durability is not a vector at all.

No, IIRC the novel stated that Accelerator lets things like the planet's gravity pass through the shield so he can move around normally.

@Reyzakurrota

Not really, Kakine's was still left in enough pieces it could be hooked up to Dark Legacy, and similarly he didn't bother to kill Musujime, only KOed her and destroyed the Remnant.

LazyHunter said:
@Malox1696
No? A vector is way to represent a force or something that has both magnitude and direction. Durability is not a vector at all.
dude durability(or friction) is a vector or more specifically is the opposing vector of any force, when you try to move something https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo_pmp5rtzo if there was no opposing force you could just pass trough everything cutting all the atomic bonds

Ah i mean by destroy him to piece is inflicted an enough damage to kill his oponent like stabbing kakine, or shoot kill point and sugitani several time to make sure they didn't stand up again. But for thus fight he only lightly touch hamazura suit not destroy his suit. As well as wanted criminal, judging by how the wanted criminal can still move in later chapter. Whereas accel have a chance to completely destroy the processor suit to piece or even shoot the user of procrssor suit

@Malox1696

Durability it's not the same as friction. It looks to me you don't really understand what a vector or durability are. Sorry, but I already had a very similar conversation recently about considering time a vector, so I'll skip the explanation and get to the point: Even if it worked like you say it worked, that's only IRL and not a valid property of Accelerator's powers as long as he doesn't replicate that application of his power in canon.

@Reyzakurrota

Not really, he caused internal damage to the suits he assumed they would not be able to recover from and he was right, the capabilities of Hamazura and A.O.Francisca suits were significantly lowered after that fight due to damage. He simply didn't expect the suits to be able to patch themselves enough to regain mobility and basic functions. He didn't care about the users of the processor suit, he only wanted to eliminate at least one of them.

LazyHunter said:
@Malox1696
Durability it's not the same as friction. It looks to me you don't really understand what a vector or durability are. Sorry, but I already had a very similar conversation recently about considering time a vector, so I'll skip the explanation and get to the point: Even if it worked like you say it worked, that's only IRL and not a valid property of Accelerator's powers as long as he doesn't replicate that application of his power in canon.
about time i know he cant do jack shit , but just to know if let's say goku stay still and accelerator walked toward him pushing him what would happen ? btw what do you define as durability ?

edit:newton 3rd law would have a word with you about equal & opposing force

Oke thank you. Guys does accel reflection work again drain/absorb power based. Because when i read LN OT, when he figured how kihara counter work he said that if an attack moving forward her reflection will work by reflect the attack to moving backward. So that mean when a drain based power want to drain accel energy his reflection will reflect those drained energy back to accel or his reflection will prevent the drain based attack to mess up wit his body(because in LN NT he said that he can't be harm by external threat?

Ah sorry. What i want to ask is, does accel reflection work against an enemy that have a power to drain or absorb energy of living being without touching. For example if accel faced against an enemy that can absorb a air from living being, and tried to absorb water from accel body. Does his reflection will prevent the enemy to mess mess up inside his body!

Back