• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 3

I have a question about archangel gabriel, especially the sweep spell. In early volume kanzaki said that the sweep spell can turn half of planet to ash. But in vol 21 accel tanked those attack, not only one but ten times of the sweep spell. But there is no statement that those attack affect half of planet, or a continent not even island.

@Malox1696

Technically, yeah.

@Rezakurrota

The Sweep spell is an entire bombardment that, when finished, would have caused that level of damage to the planet. It is not a singular attack, but a giant barrage made out of a ridiculously high amount of flame arrows that come in consecutive waves. Accel used his vector redirection to reduce the damage he was going to suffer, not 100% since it was Telesma and he doesn't understand it.The amount of energy he survived is unquantifiable since we don't know how much energy got through, but I'd assume it to be miniscule compared to the entire power of a single flame arrow since Accelerator was in base form, where he doesn't have any enhanced durability. Additionally, it is noted by Fiamma to be a restricted version of the attack, as the Star of Bethlehem was in the way.

Weaker by an unquantifiable degree, and Sweep needs to launch all its waves to produce the results Kanzaki talked about. Each flame arrow is likely much weaker than a regular attack from Gabriel itself, it's a super AoE barrage of hundreds of millions of weak attacks.

Ah thank you for explanation. Because after re-reading OT and i find too odd if accel can reflect and attack that can destroy a planet like gabriel sweep

@Reyzakurrota

He didn't really reflect it. It's Telesma, even if it didn't get through his Reflection cleanly like with the super bomb at the end of OT22, Accelerator cannot understand it. He used his vector manipulation to reduce the impact of the arrows, but he couldn't stop all their energy so he was still basically bombarded with a storm of small explosions that knocked him back to the ground.

@Malox1696

Personal Reality is already mentioned in the page.

As SchroKatze, said, it's very limited Quantum Manipulation that leads to limited Reality Warping. It's just the mechanics of esper powers, it barely has any relevance outside of lore purposes or in the final results of the powers when even extremely weak reality warpers are going to have better reality warping feats than that.

Yeah i know that. I mean it too odd if sweep spell that gabriel used in ww3 can destroy a planet and accel can survived after tanked that attack

Accel didn't tank sweep, not even the reduced version. He tanked some small unquantifiable portion of the energy that got through his vector manipulation.

It don't think it'd scale to Mjolnir's regular AP, considering that was obviously a super attack.

As for others, if this is accepted I guess it'd upgrade characters like Gabriel (2nd key only), Kazakiri, Accelerator, Kakine and Rensa + Acqua of the Back, Carissa, Elizard, Maiden of Versailles and Kanzaki's Yuisen. Don't know if I'm missing anyone else.

It makes Kanzaki being able to hold her own against some of these characters just by pulling out Yuisen even more silly than it already is, though.

LazyHunter said:
As SchroKatze, said, it's very limited Quantum Manipulation that leads to limited Reality Warping. It's just the mechanics of esper powers, it barely has any relevance outside of lore purposes or in the final results of the powers when even extremely weak reality warpers are going to have better reality warping feats than that.
no, i just wanted to point out the nature of the power not any added ability (not an hax asd many says, just limited RW)

Nah, when I said Accelerator, Kakine and Rensa I meant in their "Angel-tier" keys. So Winged Accelerator, "Awakened" Kakine and Winged Rensa.

Warn me first if someone makes a CR for this, I have some issues with Accelerator's page I want to bring up.

LazyHunter said:
It don't think it'd scale to Mjolnir's regular AP, considering that was obviously a super attack.

As for others, if this is accepted I guess it'd upgrade characters like Gabriel (2nd key only), Kazakiri, Accelerator, Kakine and Rensa + Acqua of the Back, Carissa, Elizard, Maiden of Versailles and Kanzaki's Yuisen. Don't know if I'm missing anyone else.

It makes Kanzaki being able to hold her own against some of these characters just by pulling out Yuisen even more silly than it already is, though.
Silvia and Thor connected to Mjolnir aswell. And I think Brunhild?

@LordAizenSama

Brunhild AP does scale since her claymore + support spells could stand up to Yuisen and only suffer minor damage. Her durability stays the same.

I'm not sure about Thor. He draws power from Mjolnir, but going from that to saying he draws 100% of it or that he scales to its full power attack, especially when his feats are lacking and the only person he has fought is Silvia...

Silvia is an issue. Carissa and Knight Leader were a bit wary about her, but her only actual fight is Thor where neither of them do anything impressive. If we scale one of them we scale the other, but I'm not sure how valid the justifications would be. They'd definitely merit a "likely higher" mention in any case IMO.

@Malox1696

There's a correction to be made to the justification of his Post-Headshot Base form, and I'm not sure I agree 100% with the justifications given for his Matter Manipulation.

Sorry to go off topic seems like the best place to ask.

I've heard from a couple people that Accelerators vectors can fend off mindscrew, is that true?

IIRC, he has never done so. He should logically be able to deal with Mental Out, but that's because Mental Out sends some kind of signal (see Misaki needing to aim around Imagine Breaker to send a message to Touma in Railgun manga) and Accelerator could likely deal with it even if it didn't since he can monitor and manipulate his own bioelectricity.

So the answer, unfortunately, it's the same as every other attack type interaction with Accelerator:

Does the specific mind technique have a vector? If so, it gets reflected. If it doesn't, it should bypass reflection.

Could the scale of the mindscrew affect him before mental out can do that? I don't know if Mindscrew really has a vector, it's just...There

Hmm about matter manipulation. I dont know if this can be considered as mattet manipulation or not but in OT 19 accel once again read electrical signal or whatever so he can accurately know the information about the baby, her weight, her nutrition supply, her consciousnes, her heart rate, her stimulus rate and her cell division

I've been hearing conflicting opinions about whether his Quantic destruction is applicable or not....

MS and MC works by sending signal to the brain , and spreding the signal in it , accel can control both , and im quite sure he passed trough some people clearing fields

Like ive mentioned before. He can, its how his power works, but its not like he does it at the start of a fight.

Anyway back to the scaling debate. If Knight leader and Carissa were wary of Silvia, she must be at least comparable to Kanzaki with Yuisen. Knight leader stopped Yuisen barehanded and would have no reason to be wary of Silvia if she could be defeated so easily. Not to mention Carissa herself showed some concern and shes > Knight leader

So for Silvia her reasoning would be "Carissa and Knight leader were wary of her power, even though the latter defeated Kanzaki Kaori using Yuisen casually

Thor: was stated to possess comparable power to Silvia, connected to Mjolnir who performed this feat

Also perhaps worth noting is that Brunhild was preparing herself to fight Silvia and waited for her to be offguard to attack and kill Othinus

Does light or sound based attack is accel reflection weakness? We know that accel reflection let light and sound to pass through his reflection. And imagine if someone with light and sound power want to kill accel, so they just hide and attack accel from blindspot. And because light and sound are calibrated to pass through his reflection so the reflection will allow those light and sound to pass through and hit accel

Nope, they aren't. Accelerator's redirection only lets completely safe levels of light, sound and gravity affect him. Any slight part of that that would cause him any harm gets redirected while letting the safe levels go through, even something as small as everyday UV rays get redirected, so there's no way a regular light or sound based attack will bypass it. Kakine had to especifically screw around with the physics of regular light, making it harmful while retaining every single property of harmless sunlight, to trick Accelerator's redirection.

well he resisted IB negation when it was in his core , so how does this relate to other power negation users ?

Ah, that. No, he didn't resist it, it's just that his Holy Right's output at the time was too powerful to be negated by IB, which we already know it's not very consistent with that kind of stuff.

LazyHunter said:
Ah, that. No, he didn't resist it, it's just that his Holy Right's output at the time was too powerful to be negated by IB, which we already know it's not very consistent with that kind of stuff.
then how does this relate to other power null user, saying they null all power even aganist someone who has somehow resisted would be NLF

Back