• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
1) Bear via superior mass and physical strength. The tiger's only advantage is speed, but it isn't big enough to matter

2) Megalovania?

3) Isn't that Shiva from Walking Dead?

I think Shiva might be better trained and stronger than the average tiger, which makes it kind of a contest in who one-shots first. I think Shiva may take this out of better speed and due to the fact that bears usually start a fight by being intimidating and making mock charges rather tan outright attacking. A swift bite to the throat and she wins.

A swift bite to the throat won't do. The bear has armor around it's neck so to speak. This is why certain guard dog breeds (often Turkish) are so effective at combating and killing Wolves

Don't know what dogs killing wolves have to do with this but OK, lol

Oh, I see. How tough is that natural armour? Because arteries and stuff aren't that deep within a neck, and a normal tiger's biting force is already really high, and Shiva is stronger than the average tiger by being trained, really experienced and capable of killing strong walkers.

It was just an example. Wolves also go for the neck at all times, and dogs have a defense around it that can stave off bites from animals with comparable biting force to their own

Yes, but bears aren't dogs :v

Also, the link's broken. I don't doubt your words though, but if the natural armor's too weak, it won't help the bear (If it does have one). I mean, cockroaches too are armored, but even a casual human stomp can kill them.

Look at this dog and then look at the Grizzly Bear. Both of them have folds (I think that's what they're called) around their neck for protection, that I assume, like Dogs, can defend it against comparably strong animals, seeing as they're in the same suborder of Caniformalia.

If you can't find it, search up "Turkish Dog" and look at that image with the dog hugging the dude and looking like a giant compared to him.

Bears have bite force of 1,100 PSI, The Tiger has a bite force around a 1,000, much like Lions or Hyena's. Shiva's gonna have a rather hard time getting through it and has no natural defenses of her own. And again, Their natural defenses hold up well enough to survive encounters with comparable animals.

Being trained/domesticated is irrelevent and is actually a detriment. Domesticated animals are always and without exception (unless bred for power selectively ala the dogs I mentioned), weaker than wild counterparts because the weak die in the wild. Her experience is irrelevent since Walkers aren't comparable to bears and can be physically overpowered by humans, healthy ones not even being half the size of a grizzly or Tiger.

Also worth noting is that Shiva is a total lightweight here. Even largest Female Tigers don't even weigh 400 pounds as far as I know (370-140 depending on health, genetics, etc). Meanwhile, Bears weigh between 290-450 pounds for females, with males getting up to 600 pounds. The Grizzly has a massive strength advantage here.

EliminatorVenom said:
Yes, but bears aren't dogs :v
Also, the link's broken. I don't doubt your words though, but if the natural armor's too weak, it won't help the bear (If it does have one). I mean, cockroaches too are armored, but even a casual human stomp can kill them.
What the hell kind of example is that? Cockroaches are like 1/1000th the size of humans. Unless there's a 600,000 lb Tiger in the world, that's not really a relevent point.

True about that.

Shiva's trained for combat afaic, and the stronger walkers in TWD are actually really strong, but yeah, you've convinced me. I change my vote, bear takes this.

Also, the name should be changed to "Tiger vs Grizzly Bear"

Many bears would be killed by a tiger, such as a Panda or a Black Bear, though the Black Bear would leave the Tiger with some nasty injuries. On the flip side, A Polar Bear (read: roughly 1,000 pounds) would curbstomp a Tiger

Didn't Shiva get killed by like 5 zombies in the TV series? An IRL Tiger would probably maul them, which shows she might be less aggressive than a normal one

Back