• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier upgrade for The eonymous

I have already elaborated on this, actually. According to Gerard Way, Milk Wars is not strictly tied to the mainstream DCU and pretty much amounts to an Elseworld storyline, so I feel like it'd be a bad idea to scale anyone from the Eonymous.
This is not stated anywhere, this event is very much canon and closely tied to the DC cosmology with main dcu characters showing up there's literally no way to prove it's non-canon, you litearlly have the morrison map being printed out on panel, it cannot get any more canon than that

Grant Morrison's map being in the story does not make something canon. The series was definitely played out as a very tongue-in-cheek joke. It's just a matter of how seriously we plan on taking it and how seriously future DC writers take it. I can see an argument for considering it canon, but I can also see it never being referenced again and primarily treated as a one-off joke. Writers and companies are allowed to have a little comedic fun with their stories and cosmology without it upheaving years of intricately placed storytelling and world building. Kep was clearly referencing an interview, not a disclaimer in the comic itself.

canon isnt something you can pick and choose based on whether you like it or not. unless there's on panel evidence for rebuttal, nothing much for me to discuss

it doesn't have to be referenced again. there are a lot of one off characters and events that are canon. also considering the nature of dc's metaverse and ever changing, from the biggest picture- everything is canon at this point.

regarding it being a joke-lobo or squirrel girl are joke characters it doesn't make their appearances any less canon.

im so happy that people are arguing for the eons geting upgraded

but i mean.. why isnt it canon? it happened in the multiverse even a joke can still be considered canon

but yeah to just give people who just enter this discussion the down-low

the eonymous should scale above the overvoid (and possibly be on the same level or even higher then the writer) since they see the overvoid and everything in it as pure fiction and can destroy it easily

the main issue with this is if the overvoid in the milk wars story the same power that is the overvoid in the main story but its kinda strange since EVEN in the pages we make for the milk wars characters we state that they can be scaled to the characters mentions INCLUDING the monitor mind

So yes simple powerscaling and general logic dictates that the eonymous should be high 1-A possibly 0

I mean, they should totally be High 1-A if not outright 0. But I seriously think having profile for joke characters that are above the God Tiers of the verse sounds very shaky.

I agree with Ionliosite about that overpowered joke characters with shaky continuity are likely not appropriate.

well i mean what should we do then?

if we kinda all agree that they are high 1-A or 0 but we wont allow them to have that tier because of the type of story they are in then i guess there are two things we could do.

number one is upgrade them to high 1-A or 0 and add a note summarising why or

number two is keep them at 1-A and add a note summarising why we wont allow them to go higher

i mean i think we should upgrade them to high 1-A possibly 0 because i dont think the fact that they are a joke should stop them from being that OP

we agree that they are that strong but wont upgrade them even though this entire sites kinda main thing it to calculate how powerful things are and see who would win in a fight so i dont think the joke thing should stop that since that would go against the sites mission so to speak

We could also remove the profiles due to messy continuity issues combined with that they are joke characters.

^^

I agree with that. Tori-Bot is another example of a joke character who's above God Tiers (and even worse, it's an author avatar), so I actually think removing the profiles would be for the better.

Agreed. Although the Retconn Corps are connected to the same storyline, so they would have to be removed as well.

ok so this started out as a simple upgrade to tier 0 and now we are deleting two entire pages

welp i say i did a good thing starting this thread

Deerofdreams said:
ok so this started out as a simple upgrade to tier 0 and now we are deleting two entire pages
welp i say i did a good thing starting this thread
There's no such thing as a simple upgrade to Tier 0, especially now. If you weren't a Tier 0 with memetic levels of transcendence before the Tier-1 massacre that was the tiering system revisions then your gonna have a hell of a hard time getting there now.

In all seriousness, I agree with Ant and Kep. Milk Wars doesn't seem to be the kind of storyline that was meant to be an actually serious addition to the cosmology of the verse nor does it seem to have any continuity with current DC Comics. I agree with deleting their profiles.

Is somebody willing to ask Kepekley23 and Ultima Reality to comment here again before I delete the pages, just to make certain?

Thank you for being reasonable. I will do so then.

Back