• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier upgrade for The eonymous

the eonymous are very strange when it comes to DC comics as the entire story about them is a meta joke and yet i dont think they are given enough credit from my point of view after reading about them and seeing just how powerful i suggest a really terrible comment

the eonymous shouldnt be tier 1 they should be tier 0

oh god that sounds weird when i write that out but they seem to tick everything that makes a 0 character a 0 character

1. they are completely transcendant of all existence (they see every thing as mere fiction INCLUDING THE OVERVOID they see the overvoid as just a piece of paper that they damaged just by accidentally spilling some coffee on it )

2.the retconn corps see the eonymous as omnipotent entities and are scared of them the retconn corp have a thing known as the ultimate failsafe which destroys everything in the over void

i mean if they are completely transcendent of the over void shouldnt they be considered tier 0?

i mean they could possibly be on the same level or stronger then the writer seeing they think that the piece of paper the writer writes on as just fiction

well since the changes have arrived and no tier 0 exists for the DC verse high Tier 1-A would be good as well but there is a case for making them tier 0 even after the changes since they are most likely transendant over the writer and the writer is possibly tier 0

Maybe. You should ask Ultima Reality about it after his tiering system revisions are done.

You should still ask Ultima to comment here.

I'm honestly not sure if we can scale Milk Wars / Doom Patrol characters to being above the Overvoid, considering the former's status as a storyline whose events and their effects have more focus on the comics labelled under the Young Animal imprint, while not necessarily affecting Mainstream DC, even though a few characters and concepts from it have appeared in relatively recent Justice League Comics.

Besides, the Eonymous being transcendent over it sorta misses the entire point of what the Overvoid is supposed to be in the first place and ignores most of DC's underlying metaphysics, so that's another reason why I am iffy about scaling them to it.

Okay, so should we remove the Milk Wars characters due to not fitting into the overall DC cosmology?

well i could actually see the being

1-A+

or 1-A possibly high 1A

due them being seen as all powerful(and untachable) by the retcon corps that have 1-A tech that can destroy anything in the overvoid

ClassicNESfan said:
They would definitely be Tier 0 if we accepted them as part of our regular DC scaling, but a lot of people are hesitant to do that.
DC ain't got no tier 0s anymore mate

That's not what he said though? He said if the Eonymous was accepted, then they would be Tier 0 because they transcend Monitor-Mind the Overvoid.

It doesn't matter. Their scaling relative to the other characters would qualify them for Tier 0 if they were being accepted as part of the mainstream DC continuity, because they would scale to The Overvoid. Also, your statement isn't technically accurate. We couldn't come to a conclusion on whether The Writer was Tier 0 or not, so we just made him At Least High 1-A, Likely Higher. In other words, it's more accurate to say "We don't know if DC has a Tier 0 anymore."

Personally, I'd be fine using Milk Wars as a part of our main DC heirarchy, seeing as the events definitely occurred in the first place and Grant Morrison kind of opened the floodgates with his metafictional cosmology, but I understand the reasons people are against it. I'm not going to fight for it if everybody else is writing it off as a joke.

In any case, I don't think their profiles need to be deleted. If they are going to be kept separate from regular DC cosmology, then just make sure it stays that way. Add a note to each page to prevent people from accidentally incorporating it.

i think they should be high 1-A. if its not accepted for them to be above the overvoid, they should at least scale to it somewhat.

but they pretty much see everything within and out of the DC verse as just fiction which includes the writer

oh yeah and by the way can someone please remove the coffee manip on there profile i made an entire revision for the eonyomous just to remove it and it still didnt get removed its a very small thing to change and if in the future when battles take place with the eonymous coffee manip wont do anything unless the 1A/0 is highly allergic to coffee

I removed Coffee Manipulation, as it seems to have been an inappropriate joke.

I also do not know if we should truly have profiles for the Retconn Corps or the Eonymous, but if we do, the latter might scale to the Overvoid, yes.

thank you, that annoyed me far more then it should

anyways about the whole is it canon thing

it does say in the note at the bottom

"Although characters from the Milk Wars crossover storyline are scaled from ones present in the mainstream DC Continuity, the reverse is not allowed, due to the its status as a metafictional joke which clashes with the hierarchical structure of the main continuity. However, it should be noted that the events of the storyline still happened to the Doom Patrol and Justice League characters, and so can technically be considered canon to the overall verse."

does that not make it so it is atleast somewhat canon?

the main thing is if it should be scaled to the overvoid or even the writer

the over void is strange as in the eyes of the writer it is just a simple sheet of paper

to the eonymous the over void isnt even real its a fake piece of paper containing fake things

i would say that the writer is a step below the eonymous

the writer is in an office with the overvoid in front of it and he or she writes on it making the entirety of the DC multiverse but to the eonymous the piece of paper infront of the writer is fake and everything on that level is fake to them .sure the writer may be impossibly stronger then the overvoid but they are still on the same plane of existence and the eonymous think that, that plane is fictional

Well, I am not well informed. Upgrading them to High 1-A depends on what Ultima, Kepekley, and ClassicNESfan think.

The Eonymous are more like in-universe representations of the audience, and they are kept at bay by the Retconn Corps's production of stories, which are "fictional" in-universe, so them being High 1-A is shaky.

Additionally, Milk Wars as a whole is referenced by Gerard Way (the main writer of that run) as being shaky in terms of canonicity and not strictly tied to the mainstream DC Universe.

Okay. In that case I am uncertain if we should truly feature characters from it.

they seem to classify the high 1-A tiering more than the 1-A or 1-A+

if im not mistaken, the problem Ultima had with them was scaling above the overvoid. they dont have to scale above it, they just scale to high 1-A.

@Kepekley23 & Ultima Reality

So what should we do here?

You can remind them to comment here via their message walls.

They are not High 1-A.

1-A is fine for them, though I stress we should avoid scaling anyone in the main continuity to their storyline.

hey are High 1-A, thats just undeniable by scaling with the overvoid. but the problem here is that scaling above it is for some reason taken as a contradiction (dont know how when we know theres a thing above it)

Antvasima said:
Please elaborate.
I have already elaborated on this, actually. According to Gerard Way, Milk Wars is not strictly tied to the mainstream DCU and pretty much amounts to an Elseworld storyline, so I feel like it'd be a bad idea to scale anyone from the Eonymous.

Okay. Does this need to be better clarified within their profile? Otherwise our visitors will likely wonder why we do not scale them from Monitor-Mind The Overvoid.

I have already elaborated on this, actually. According to Gerard Way, Milk Wars is not strictly tied to the mainstream DCU and pretty much amounts to an Elseworld storyline, so I feel like it'd be a bad idea to scale anyone from the Eonymous.

Where is this stated? A link would be appreciated.

Back