• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier Low 6-B Tournament of Heroes and Villains: Thundurus vs Kayn (Rhaast)

Group A (Match 1) :
Rules:

• Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 30 meters.
Welcome everyone to tournament of heroes and villains let's kick this off officially with battle between users:

Psychomaster35 vs Recon1511

Results:

Thundurus:
Kayn (Rhaast): 8 (Weekly, Recon, DD, Nonless21, Dread, Nicetoderp, Adem, Aachintya)
Inconclusive:
31CrGQs.png
VS
9DdhsB1.png

Last edited:
Your honor, League of Legends... DEATH.

What does Kayn start with? For Thundurus, it has electric type moves that can paralyze which can not only cut speed in half, but there’s a 25% chance for them to not be able to do anything. Yes, Kayn has Immortality Type 5 (How the hell did this get allowed), but incapacitation by paralysis should do.

Is this incarnate form or therian form thundurus?
Never specified when I nominated Thundurus, but I suppose you can assume Incarnate.

What does Kayn start with? For Thundurus, it has electric type moves that can paralyze which can not only cut speed in half, but there’s a 25% chance for them to not be able to do anything. Yes, Kayn has Immortality Type 5 (How the hell did this get allowed), but incapacitation by paralysis should do.

Never specified when I nominated Thundurus, but I suppose you can assume Incarnate.
The type 5 immortality applies to Rhaast himself, the scythe, the host can be destroyed and it would mean Rhaast's defeat even if he isn't killed (unless Rhaast fully takes over Kayn when he wins meaning he is no longer sealed in the scythe but I don't really know if this is the case or not)

Rhaast starts by phasing through the terrain to approach his opponent which he can use to dodge incoming attacks as well making him really hard to tag so I don't think Thundurus is landing his paralyzing moves soon, that being said it is a valid wincon if they do land.

As for how Rhaast can win here, he can just outlast Thundurus by phasing in and out of terrain (or Thundurus himself) to attack and dodge any retaliation eventually landing a killing blow as Thundurus gets weaker and weaker.

Rhaast starts by phasing through the terrain to approach his opponent which he can use to dodge incoming attacks as well making him really hard to tag so I don't think Thundurus is landing his paralyzing moves soon, that being said it is a valid wincon if they do land.
Except Thundurus has access to Agility where upon using it 6 times, it becomes 4 times faster than before, so it should be able to tag Rhaast before he could phase out. Even landing in a flinch or paralysis would make it even easier for Thundurus to tag Rhaast.

Except Thundurus has access to Agility where upon using it 6 times, it becomes 4 times faster than before, so it should be able to tag Rhaast before he could phase out. Even landing in a flinch or paralysis would make it even easier for Thundurus to tag Rhaast.
Rhaast has attacks that lower the opponent's speed as well as amplify his own speed, and he can make shadow clones as well

Shadow Step alone hard counters Paralysis as when active it grants Rhaast immunity to speed reduction and amps his own speed by 80%

That also assumes that Thundurus thinks to spam agility before Rhaast 'nothing personnel kid's him from the inside

Yeah its a large speed gap if he gets it off but I don't think Rhaast would let him power up that much. Also while he is using Shadow Step his own speed gets amped as well so he should still be able to compete with a 1 or 2 times Agility amped Thundurus.

Rhaast here can win by damaging Thundurus and getting inside him with Umbral Trespass, which while I don't think is a oneshot is still a big chunk of damage that will be followed up by several more attacks.

Theres also Rhaast's skill to factor in as he absorbed Kayn's insane skill when he assimilated him

Rhaast has attacks that lower the opponent's speed as well as amplify his own speed, and he can make shadow clones as well

Shadow Step alone hard counters Paralysis as when active it grants Rhaast immunity to speed reduction and amps his own speed by 80%
It doesn't say he resists stat reduction, you should make a quick CRT. And why is Kayn gonna phase if Thundurus has non physical interaction? Thundurus can use his lightning to harm characters that don't take damage from electric type moves and Kayn doesn't resist electricity on his profile. Thundurus can damage characters who scale to a third of 11.46 teratons while Kayn is maybe 1.5 teratons unless there's another calc

It doesn't say he resists stat reduction, you should make a quick CRT.
Im going to yeah, his entire page needs some cleanup, but:

Shadow Step: Shadow Step's cooldown is reduced to 8 seconds at all ranks. Kayn gains 100% slow resist while active and, upon entering terrain, the bonus total movement speed is increased to 80% for the remaining duration.
And why is Kayn gonna phase if Thundurus has non physical interaction? Thundurus can use his lightning to harm characters that don't take damage from electric type moves and Kayn doesn't resist electricity on his profile.
NPI wont really help much if your opponent just goes through the ground to avoid detection, or just teleports inside of Thundurus, which is what Kayn uses his phasing for.
Thundurus is 3.82 Teratons, Kayn upscales from 2.04.

Im going to yeah, his entire page needs some cleanup, but:

Shadow Step: Shadow Step's cooldown is reduced to 8 seconds at all ranks. Kayn gains 100% slow resist while active and, upon entering terrain, the bonus total movement speed is increased to 80% for the remaining duration.

NPI wont really help much if your opponent just goes through the ground to avoid detection, or just teleports inside of Thundurus, which is what Kayn uses his phasing for.

Thundurus is 3.82 Teratons, Kayn upscales from 2.04.
Can you show me how the teleportation works?

Can you show me how the teleportation works?

At 1:54, 4:11, and 6:07

Additionally, here it is in use in a cinematic at 1:24 (yeah it's an AU but the mechanics of the ability are the same)

And an excerpt from the written lore:

"Calling again on his shadow magic, Kayn dove into the writhing Noxian’s darkin-corrupted flesh. For the briefest of moments, he saw through the eyes of this ageless being, witnessing millennia of inflicted pain and suffering, screams and lamentations. This thing was death reborn again and again. It was the purest evil, and it had to be stopped.

He burst from what was left of the Noxian—the soldier’s flesh having warped into scales of hardened carapace that shattered into black shards and choking dust. All that remained was the scythe, its eye now closed. Kayn reached for it as Nakuri dispatched the last of their enemies."

I was asked to comment here. I am too tired, & do not know Kayn's profile well enough to participate at this time, I fear, sorry.

Basically, Thundurus has wincon but they require a bit of time to set up, time that Rhaast wont allow him due to his willingness to abuse the **** out of Kayn's shadow magic to just immediately go for the kill

At 1:54, 4:11, and 6:07

Additionally, here it is in use in a cinematic at 1:24 (yeah it's an AU but the mechanics of the ability are the same)

And an excerpt from the written lore:

"Calling again on his shadow magic, Kayn dove into the writhing Noxian’s darkin-corrupted flesh. For the briefest of moments, he saw through the eyes of this ageless being, witnessing millennia of inflicted pain and suffering, screams and lamentations. This thing was death reborn again and again. It was the purest evil, and it had to be stopped.

He burst from what was left of the Noxian—the soldier’s flesh having warped into scales of hardened carapace that shattered into black shards and choking dust. All that remained was the scythe, its eye now closed. Kayn reached for it as Nakuri dispatched the last of their enemies."

He needs to get in range, so Thundurus simply fires lightning and paralyzes him to deat

He needs to get in range, so Thundurus simply fires lightning and paralyzes him to deat
In-Game, yes, they cant have him teleporting into people from across the map for balancing purposes. In-lore he can just teleport into whatever shadows are in the area, and given that the starting distance is only 30 meters he would be well within range.

On top of that, speed is equalized, and Thundurus wouldnt have anything to aim at when Rhaast just goes into the ground to avoid detection if he does actually need to get in range.

Not only would that require Thundurus to think to immdiately lead with Agility out of all the othr moves in its moveset, but speed is equalized, so the implication that Thundurus would be able to use Agility multiple times before Rhaast can even move is just flat out wrong

So, this is concluded?

Well, Kayn FRA but does Kayn has like smurf shit like many LoL peeps? Can anyone clarify it please

So, this is concluded?

Well, Kayn FRA but does Kayn has like smurf shit like many LoL peeps? Can anyone clarify it please
The type 5 immortality applies to Rhaast himself, the scythe, the host can be destroyed and it would mean Rhaast's defeat even if he isn't killed (unless Rhaast fully takes over Kayn when he wins meaning he is no longer sealed in the scythe but I don't really know if this is the case or not)

As for how Rhaast can win here, he can just outlast Thundurus by phasing in and out of terrain (or Thundurus himself) to attack and dodge any retaliation eventually landing a killing blow as Thundurus gets weaker and weaker.

Back