• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-C Streets of Violence Tournament (2022): Giovanni Potage vs Firestar

Group A:
Match 8:
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Equalized speed in all matches
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 10 meters.
  • Winner gets 3 points
  • Losers gets 0 points
  • Inconclusive match then both fighters gets 2 point each.
FIGHT TO SURVIVE because if Giovanni didn't then it's his death in this tournament to win at any cost! But can he ? very very interesting stuff

Results:
Giovanni Potage: 7 (Phoenks,Dareaper, Pika, Random, Noneless, Azontr, Propellus)
Firestar:
Inconclusive:

AQcqe4R.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure in order to kill Firestar, you need destroy all of it's nine lives.

What can Firestar do to Gio here?

Pretty sure in order to kill Firestar, you need destroy all of it's nine lives.

What can Firestar do to Gio here?
Bugger all Firestar is complete fodder in this tournament, I’m pretty sure Paul Blart beats them lmao.

The nine lives can be prevented by doing harm as grievous as a slit throat, and although Giovanni probably only has his bat as a weapon to achieve that, he can just beat Firestar 9 times over easily

Hahahaha... no.

If my memory doesn't fail me, Giovanni prefers to go for melee combat and uses his soup as a resort for those he can't pimp slap if he's even fought at all, while Firestar will be approaching or just moving away, he's harder to hit, and he's only at a slight AP disadvantage, and is certainly more skilled, Potage's only means of actually reliably hitting Firestar also hurt him.

@DemonicDude call me for Firestar's matches for the love of god Mr. Biased

Uhuh. I have no reason to stay in the tournament if I'm not called to my matches you know that right? Give a good reason I should stay in the tournament if I won't be called to threads involving my character. Be convincing.
Yeah.

I get your pumped for Gio vs Kazuma DD, but you can't just ignore someone else out of your own selfish reasons.

Uhuh. I have no reason to stay in the tournament if I'm not called to my matches you know that right? Give a good reason I should stay in the tournament if I won't be called to threads involving my character. Be convincing.
Now you are making it sound like as if I never called in at all.
jbjH05l.jpg

And Points table did not even changed nor was the results added you can literally click on the bracks, This entire thread is opened UNTIL we get a winner just to be clear.

Now you are making it sound like as if I never called in at all.
jbjH05l.jpg

And Points table did not even changed nor was the results added you can literally click on the bracks, This entire thread is opened UNTIL we get a winner just to be clear.
Yes, but not for his other two matches, the majority is against you. What happens if I never arrive to the thread, you know, like Firestar's match against Kazuma(who frankly was gonna beat him anyway and I 100% agree with what was said there.)

Yes, but not for his other two matches, the majority is against you. What happens if I never arrive to the thread, you know, like Firestar's match against Kazuma(who frankly was gonna beat him anyway and I 100% agree with what was said there.)
Arguments over there were already rock solid and I went to your profile in order to find any discord link for quick inform. Here things are opened through and through, With that begin said Adem hasn't responded yet to counter arguments.

Alright. Let's continue debating about who wins here.

I do know that Gio has TP and Flight, so he will hard to hit, but going off of what Reaper said, Firestar is pretty agile.

Arguments over there were already rock solid and I went to your profile in order to find any discord link for quick inform. Here things are opened through and through
I have a wall DD. Copy/paste the matches there, Im in a tournament, Im not gonna get annoyed if my wall has a bunch of links to matches on it at that time.
Alright. Let's continue debating about who wins here.

I do know that Gio has TP and Flight, so he will hard to hit, but going off of what Reaper said, Firestar is pretty agile.
It's not even TP, it's just Gio moving at Subsonic speeds, which he can't react to, it's a get out of jail free option.

Okay match started literally 20 mins or so ago which isn't a even a significant period of time and you are not going to say the same to
The nine lives can be prevented by doing harm as grievous as a slit throat, and although Giovanni probably only has his bat as a weapon to achieve that, he can just beat Firestar 9 times over easily

Firestar avoids getting hit. Especially against humans
How would that also hurt Gio?

Anyway, Gio is still skilled in his own right, He's a Bonzai Captain and has been shown to be quite skilled in wielding his baseball bat (Gio claims that when it comes to baseball, he cannot be beaten, and he has multiple trophies in his room to prove it)
He also has no trouble hitting smaller enemies as seen here.

Also nothing really stops Gio from doing a "teleports behind you" and hitting Firestar while they're confused

And even if Gio is gonna have trouble hitting Firestar, so what? Firestar has the AP disadvantage and Gio's epithet has healing applications in the form of restorative soup he can summon once per battle and a fog that grants slow regeneration
I just don't see how Firestar can do any meaningful damage to Gio

It's 3:00 AM now lel
Can't sleep when Gio is in danger tho

Last edited:
We should avoid talking about "selfish reasons" those might include changing a tournament winner from a win into Incon

DD and Reaper, can you guys stop arguing over things that don't matter now?

Reaper, I get it. DD made a mistake. Now move on.

DD. Next time, contact people instead of being biased. My whole placing in the tourney depends on these Gio matchups, yet you didn't see me being biased. You made one mistake though. It's not the end of the world.

Both of you guys just move on pls and stop being childish?

Yes I made a mistake this match started 6 hours ago no wait I mean 10 hours ago and during the 10 hour time period I failed to inform Reaper of his character.

How would that also hurt Gio?

Anyway, Gio is still skilled in his own right, He's a Bonzai Captain and has been shown to be quite skilled in wielding his baseball bat (Gio claims that when it comes to baseball, he cannot be beaten, and he has multiple trophies in his room to prove it)
He also has no trouble hitting smaller enemies as seen here.

Also nothing really stops Gio from doing a "teleports behind you" and hitting Firestar while they're confused

And even if Gio is gonna have trouble hitting Firestar, does that really matter? Firestar has the AP disadvantage and Gio's epithet has healing applications in the form of restorative soup he can summon once per battle and a fog that grants slow regeneration
I just don't see how Firestar can do any meaningful damage to Gio
Lots of scratches and such, and possibly attacks to the neck if Firestar can reach it.

He can swing a baseball bat real good, that's not exactly good enough to really hit Firestar because as a cat he can pretty easily dance around Gio while he's recovering from his swing.

If I recall Gio isn't good at using his steam speed boost in combat, I'd even go as far as to say it only really sends him up, which is why i said its a good escape tool.

Gio needs to still beat Firestar before he runs out of stamina, it doesn't matter if Gio can heal if he's outlasted, which Firestar can pretty easily do seeing as he's fought most of the day without tiring at points.
Yes I made a mistake this match started 6 hours ago no wait I mean 10 hours ago and during the 10 hour time period I failed to inform Reaper of his character.
My last comment on the matter. The Kazuma match was made yesterday at 12:30 or so. So over 24 hours you failed to notify me lol

Lots of scratches and such, and possibly attacks to the neck if Firestar can reach it.
Scratches he can heal with his restorative soup or his healing fog
Also trying to jump at Gio probably isn't the best idea
(Also, basically all Epithet Erased Characters kinda resist Piercing Damage

"Everything operates by like… JRPG video games rules in Epithet. You can get shot in the head and it just deals some damage. It’s super hard to kill somebody.")
If I recall Gio isn't good at using his steam speed boost in combat, I'd even go as far as to say it only really sends him up, which is why i said its a good escape tool.
Gio almost defeated the big bad Mera with his "Teleports behind you" and every other time he used it, it was successful
Gio needs to still beat Firestar before he runs out of stamina, it doesn't matter if Gio can heal if he's outlasted, which Firestar can pretty easily do seeing as he's fought
most of the day without tiring at points.
I should also mention that Gio's healing also heals his stamina, which should help here

Scratches he can heal with his restorative soup or his healing fog
Also trying to jump at Gio probably isn't the best idea
(Also, basically all Epithet Erased Characters kinda resist Piercing Damage

"Everything operates by like… JRPG video games rules in Epithet. You can get shot in the head and it just deals some damage. It’s super hard to kill somebody.")

Gio almost defeated the big bad Mera with his "Teleports behind you" and every other time he used it, it was successful

I should also mention that Gio's healing also heals his stamina, which should help here

Firestar wouldn't anyway IIRC, but that piercing damage thing is most interesting, you can give him a resistance to piercing damage with that, but as long as it isn't on the profile a cat scratch fever is gonna work here(I hate it myself)

I remembered wrong, a pleasant surprise, but likely not one that would work regardless, seeing as Warrior cats, especially like Firestar, have good enhanced senses to the point where he can hear a mouse's heartbeat and their steps.

Can I see that? Seems very useful

Firestar wouldn't anyway IIRC, but that piercing damage thing is most interesting, you can give him a resistance to piercing damage with that, but as long as it isn't on the profile a cat scratch fever is gonna work here(I hate it myself)
Cat scratch fever does not usually cause symptoms in the first few days or weeks after exposure when the bacteria are multiplying in the body
The Healing should still also cover this
I remembered wrong, a pleasant surprise, but likely not one that would work regardless, seeing as Warrior cats, especially like Firestar, have good enhanced senses to the point where he can hear a mouse's heartbeat and their steps.
I guess that's true, but that might also provoke Gio into using his Lava Grenades, which have some neat AoE
Can I see that? Seems very useful
Basically healing items can restore the stamina Mera can drain and Howie's Honey something restored a bit of Percy's stamina

Cat scratch fever does not usually cause symptoms in the first few days or weeks after exposure when the bacteria are multiplying in the body
The Healing should still also cover this

I guess that's true, but that might provoke Gio into using his Lava Grenades, which have some neat AoE

Basically healing items can restore the stamina Mera can drain and Howie's Honey something restored a bit of Percy's stamina
I wasn't talking about the disease, I meant like, scratching him a bunch lol

Yep, you have convinced me Gio wins now, but this isn't a stomp as Firestar does have wincons, especially since his nine lives trick lets him get a good sneak attack Firestar can use to damage the neck or even get his teeth into the spine, which is IC when he's willing to kill

Back