• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-C Streets of Violence Tournament (2022): Giovanni Potage vs Satou Kazuma

Group A:
Match 9:
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Equalized speed in all matches
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 10 meters.
  • Winner gets 3 points
  • Losers gets 0 points
  • Inconclusive match then both fighters gets 2 point each.
Do or Die match In tournament with group stage fun begins as Giovanni looks to make it to 9 points in hope for a coin-flip scenario while Kazuma just sit comfortably at the top of the group.

Results:
Giovanni Potage: 7 (Adem, DD, Pika, Nonless21, Kazma, Arnold,Random)
Satou Kazuma: 2 (Phoenks, Popted2)
Inconclusive:
ycmUAHq.jpg

Last edited:
Attack Potency:
Satou Kazuma: 7.1 kilojoules
Giovanni Potagge: 6.34 Kilojoules

Only 1.11 diff, So they both are even in the category of AP.

Updated AP

Attack Potency:
Satou Kazuma: 1.02 kilojoules

6.21 AP Gap.

Last edited:
So.... does Kazuma’s steal just destroy Giovanni here? He relies on weapons to have any AP worth a damn

okay Kazuma will destroy Giovanni, apart from the ap wich he has the advantage, Kazuma can just steal his weapons, he has his ranged attacks as well, and most importantly Giovanni is very guillable and easy to trick, so Kazuma can easily trick him

voting Kazuma

So.... does Kazuma’s steal just destroy Giovanni here? He relies on weapons to have any AP worth a damn
Giovanni is not only 9-C with weapons, but with his soup powers too, if i remember correctly

okay Kazuma will destroy Giovanni, apart from the ap wich he has the advantage, Kazuma can just steal his weapons, he has his ranged attacks as well, and most importantly Giovanni is very guillable and easy to trick, so Kazuma can easily trick him
It should probably be noted that Kazuma's 7.1 Kilojoules is the high-end of the calc, no end was really accepted This is if we ignore the fact the calc was redone and got 400 Joules

Kazuma's range attacks seem to take a bit more mana than Gio's ranged attacks
This is also ignoring the fact that Gio can create healing fog that also blocks the vision of an opponent, create what are basically fireballs with Lava Grenade and Soup That Is Too Hot, can fully restore his HP and Stamina with Magic Potion, and can basically teleport

This is also ignoring the fact that Gio can create healing fog that also blocks the vision of an opponent
as explained in the previous thread, Kazuma can detect his opponent thanks to some of his skills, so this is not gonna help Gio

also i think Kazuma can either freeze his soup attacks with his Freeze or counter with Create water too

also don't get me wrong but Giovanni is VERY naive so Kazuma can easily trick him

Kazuma has been on fire before. This is nothing new.

Kazuma FRA. This is a stomp lol.

It's Attack Potency isn't high enough to do the same to Kazuma. AP/Durability covers extreme heat. Heat =/= durability negation.
Kazuma doesn't have fire resistance, so it would still work
Also you're ignoring the fact that his Lava Grenades have 9-C AP

Kazuma doesn't have fire resistance, so it would still work
Also you're ignoring the fact that his Lava Grenades have 9-C AP
"Still work" except they are just hot 10-B heat attacks. They aren't going to cut through his arm, they'll just leave a burn. Not to mention kazuma can just evade them or counter them with a variety of different abilities.

Giovanni also has a good deal of mobility with the help of using steam to enhance his movement and his epithet has healing applications in the form of restorative soup he can summon once per battle and a fog that grants slow regeneration

Can I just mentioned that his AP section literally says his Soup had NO EFFECT on a 10-B.

...bruh

yeah but again isn't Giovanni one of the well........... not so bright characters of the series?
Not really. His epithet honestly doesn't give him much to work with since it just involves creating soup, but Giovanni still finds useful applications of his epithet due to his high creativity

Again, Lava Grenades are 9-C
That's a singular ability that won't even kill Kazuma nor will it ever be able to hit him. His luck, evasion, and senses are too much.

Kazuma is just way too versatile and GIO has absolutely no counters.

That's a singular ability that won't even kill Kazuma nor will it ever be able to hit him.

Kazuma is just way too versatile and GIO has absolutely no counters.
What do you mean? Lava Grenades have decent AoE

Also, you're still like ignoring the fact that Gio has the mobilty advantage with his steam based powers and has a bunch of healing abilities

What do you mean? Lava Grenades have decent AoE

Also, you're still like ignoring the fact that Gio has the mobilty advantage with his steam based powers and has a bunch of healing abilities
You're still ignoring the fact that a mobility advantage and steam means nothing to Kazumas senses, versatility, AP, elemental powers, intelligence, luck, experience, steal... Must I go on?

Also like Kazuma's actual AP is 1.2 Kilojoules
The 7.1 Kilojoules calc was redone and became 498 Joules (In like the same blog)

Yeah I’ve checked Kazuma is 1.02 Kilojoules

he’s picked up wins against characters that AP stomp him...

well if that’s the case his chances of winning this tournament just fell to about 0 lmao

Yeah I’ve checked Kazuma is 1.02 Kilojoules

he’s picked up wins against characters that AP stomp him...

well if that’s the case his chances of winning this tournament just fell to about 0 lmao
Too late to DQ so he just has to carry on, kinda sucks though since he got wins against the likes of Jericho which was actually an AP stomp for Jericho...

What happened in the past, happened
according to the rules rematches will not be made so.....current situation.
Attack Potency:

6.21 AP Gap

What happened in the past, happened
according to the rules rematches will not be made so.....current situation.
Attack Potency:

6.21 AP Gap
Giovanni teleports behind Satou for his starting move and shoots him dead

According to the rules of Vsbattle wiki 7.5x AP gap = AP Stomp.
7.5x is a one shot, so if 7.5x KILLS someone in one blow, I doubt they’re going to get up and continue fighting from 6.21x, not to mention Giovanni could just shoot him twice

I mean if kazuma didn't have the ap needed then what's his actual wincon then? Since he didn't have like hax that ignore durability and he definitely can't dodge Gio's attack forever

Because of that I think imma vote for Gio until there's more stuff for kazuma that can be debated

Back