• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 8-B: The Ultimate Quest Tournament (2022): Natsuki Subaru vs Monaca Towa

Round 1 (Match 4):
Rules:
  • Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Random encounters no prior knowledge to anybody or of the location.
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 30 meters.
  • Location: The Island of Lemon located on The Nierre’s Heaven.
NTaEzHH.png

Result:
Monaca Towa: 7 (Psycho master, Speedster, Adem, Epic, Popted2, Veloxt, RandomGuy)
Natsuki Subaru w/Beatrice (to make him 8-B)
Inconclusive

SZQuEbJ.png

Last edited:
I am here!

Let me talk about things in Subaru's profile!

First off, let me say this about the time stop ability due to Beatrice mentioned in his powers & abilities - it isn't a time freeze, it is basically mana arrows of stagnated time, i.e, fancy-worded projectiles. Secondly, for the age manipulation, I am 100% sure that she can do it, but it is still basically an ability that she won't use in combat since it was only used for a gag and nothing else. Beatrice's BFR is a last resort move that drains all of her stamina and leaves both of them defenseless.

Their power nullification only works on magic users, and their invulnerability power roots them in place until they are out of mana and/or if they turn it off... and for the black hole creation... Idk. The word that was meant to activate that "spell" was a spell that manipulates the senses, and the person who witnessed Beatrice using this black hole creation power was a person with amnesia who had no idea of what Beatrice could do - so it is best to ignore it until it is clarified by somebody else since it might just be a mistake.

Also, Monaca's superior LS might help her resist it anyhow.

Subaru has a mount called Patrasche... It is like Subaru's horse, and she will die to a single hit due to her not having any notable durability.

And let me talk about Subaru's Return by Death - a power that allows Subaru to return to the past when he dies... And let me state, loud and clear, that Subaru, even when bloodlust and under conditions similar to SBA in his canon series, never abused Return by Death - i.e, kill himself to return to the past if things are looking bad. He can also be incapped by Monaca using her mecha to grab Subaru and shove something in his mouth to prevent him from biting off his tongue to oof himself.

Here are their advantages

Subaru & Beatrice

They have access to durability negation via transmutation through a danmaku-like spell called Minya which can crystallize their targets, turning them brittle and smashing them, which is Beatrice's first IC move unless Subaru says to do something else

BFR via Al Shamac which sends the target to another dimension... However, this is a last resort move that can only be used once. But he is willing to use this move right away if needed.

Has the ability to invoke debuffs, manipulate senses to their advantage, and can cast illusions to trip up Monaca; which she doesn't have an answer for... Also, if I am remembering correctly, Monaca controls the robot here via a fancy joystick controller and does it out in the open, so she can be attacked directly.

Is able to cover a lot ground with his mount

Monaca

Is big-brained. Really. big brain. She'll definitely be able to figure out Subaru has some kind of power that allows him to know of stuff ahead of time; her verse has people with clairvoyance and she herself hung off with a person who is so big-brained that she has precognition powers and Monaca managed to fool her. Anyway, she'll be able to catch on RbD without knowing its exact mechanisms due to smarts and observation.

If Monaca's robot grabs Beatrice, she can't escape and will likely be crushed under its grip, leaving Subaru defenseless.

Monaca's robot has enough range to attack Subaru's mount.

Monaca also has a brain-washing helmet as standard equipment, so she can incap Subaru that way as well.

Subaru is useless by himself

Okay, hold it.

I think this thread got resolved way too early - for one, while I did mention that Monaca did have the intelligence advantage and is among the smartest in her verse; she still has to deal with Subaru & Beatrice's durability negating transmuting danmaku attacks that they both like using as their first move, for example.

Welp, since somebody has to do it... I vote for Subaru FRA, and I'll explain it.

Monaca doesn't have prior knowledge, so she won't even have a hint of Subaru RbD until after he dies once or twice; even then, she won't even figure Subaru can rewind time, she would likely think that Subaru just has good analytical skills and smarts to figure out things. BFR isn't allowed, and Subaru & Beatrice's BFR is a last resort move that drains a shit ton of mana: let's move on, and let me talk about Beatrice's sense manipulation. She has the range to affect Monaca and have her be trapped in either El Shamac which has the target becomes unable to control their bodies while under its effects or Shamac which confuses the senses and blinds people. Beatrice can also put Monaca under an illusion to screw with her, but it is likely Beatrice won't consider it unless Subaru says to do it.

Am not sure if SBA will allow Subaru to start on his mount, Patrasche, and if he doesn't... welp, bai, Patrasche.

Monaca does have quite a few win-cons - namely via her intelligence, superior LS, mind hax via equipment, and the fact that if Beatrice is killed... Subaru will be so weak and defenseless that even Monaca in her wheelchair-bound key can just one-tap him to death.

But the conditions for this battle and Subaru's starting moves give him a good chance to win, in my eyes.

let me talk about Beatrice's sense manipulation. She has the range to affect Monaca and have her be trapped in either El Shamac which has the target becomes unable to control their bodies while under its effects or Shamac which confuses the senses and blinds people. Beatrice can also put Monaca under an illusion to screw with her, but it is likely Beatrice won't consider it unless Subaru says to do it.
I dont think that'll do much since Kurokuma's also appears to be in control of the Robot

Back