• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 5-C The Sky Apocalypse Tournament (2023): Regenesis Shockwave vs Nightmare

Because he did so for Regenesis, he was practically just stalling with him and a big ass army seventy billion strong
Then he should be banned from the tournament. That kind of defeats the entire point of it.
Shockwave is Large Size 1, he's literally shooting a beam bigger in width then his arm, Nightmare ain't dodging like 5 or 10 of them while also having to teleport
He can Danmakku that shit? If that's the case then Nightmare dodges one or two, gets killed by the others, BFR's Shockwave and instantly Soul Waves as Inferno after Inferno copies Shockwave's shit.
So OOC GG
It's not OOC, it just wouldn't work so there's no point.

You literally just didn't see my explanation for why that is, did you? He literally can't use it on them as it wouldn't work due to them either having his powers, which he himself is immune to, or have Soul Calibur, which is also resistant to his bullshit.
Yes.

now show me Nightmare using Soul Wave on folks who aren't human-sized 9-C max soldiers.

If you can't do that, same issue as brought up with the Ores.

Then he should be banned from the tournament. That kind of defeats the entire point of it.

He can Danmakku that shit? If that's the case then Nightmare dodges one or two, gets killed by the others, BFR's Shockwave and instantly Soul Waves as Inferno after Inferno copies Shockwave's shit.

It's not OOC, it just wouldn't work so there's no point.
I mean I could argue the same thing for Nightmare lol, Nightmare for this tournament is like, High to Very High hax(By your arguments anyway), haxless characters do not stand a ghost of a chance against him and are stomped, while Shockwave in-canon was beaten by characters who are practically haxless

Nightmare takes like 10 years to get in sword range of Shockwave. He's gotta dodge them repeatedly. And how many times does Nightmare die anyway, assuming he dies once per game that's a 1 in 3 shot of Shockwave losing
This is not the same situation and you know it, so stop trying to act like it is.
I'm still waiting for Nightmare using Soul Wave on folks who aren't 9-C.

Even if it wouldn't work just ONE example would be good, if he doesn't use it in actual serious fights, regardless of the reason, I don't see a reason for him to bust it out here.

Are these beams anything special? Are they resistant to simply being cut spatially?

And this point about him doing it only to weaker characters doesn’t now exclude him from doing it against some big robot. If anything the sword would want to take his soul since thats its main thing after all. Literally on Soul Edge’s page it says it only cares for taking souls so I don’t see why now this major ability can be ignored cuz it doesn’t happen often and in context it doesn’t happen often because characters end up resisting it.

Yeah… ngl IDK why a character with low multiversal range, 5d hax is allowed in this tournament. Especially when u put mid hax lmao. Mid hax the only reason I selected my boi Ata 🙄

Are these beams anything special? Are they resistant to simply being cut spatially?

And this point about him doing it only to weaker characters doesn’t now exclude him from doing it against some big robot. If anything the sword would want to take his soul since thats its main thing after all. Literally on Soul Edge’s page it says it only cares for taking souls so I don’t see why now this major ability can be ignored cuz it doesn’t happen often and in context it doesn’t happen often because characters end up resisting it.
I mean Shockwave does have full control of Space and Time, so like I said chances are he just "no"s Spatial hax

And see above for Soul Wave
Yeah… ngl IDK why a character with low multiversal range, 5d hax is allowed in this tournament. Especially when u put mid hax lmao. Mid hax the only reason I selected my boi Ata 🙄
Because in-canon Shockwave was beaten by Haxless characters for like the 3rd time?

Actually yeah Nightmare is Very High hax if he just spams Soul Wave for some reason lol

Edit: And honestly by that logic Shockwave is a weird case cause he's technically also Very High-hax but lost to Haxless characters

I mean I could argue the same thing for Nightmare lol, Nightmare for this tournament is like, High to Very High hax(By your arguments anyway), haxless characters do not stand a ghost of a chance against him and are stomped, while Shockwave in-canon was beaten by characters who are practically haxless
How the **** did they even manage that with the shit Shockwave has at his disposal? Did they just so happen to have the resistances necessary to handle his hax or did he just choose not to use them due to stupid plot reasons?
Nightmare takes like 10 years to get in sword range of Shockwave. He's gotta dodge them repeatedly. And how many times does Nightmare die anyway, assuming he dies once per game that's a 1 in 3 shot of Shockwave losing
He lost 3 times in the original timeline, one of which does show him whipping out Inferno which is his first lost. His second one was against Siegfried at the beginning of SC5 where he didn't have the chance to summon Inferno due to Siegfried shattering Soul Edge and putting Inferno into a Coma. The 3rd time was during SC5 where he was offer but then immediately gained a new host through Inferno corrupting Pyrha into Pyrha Omega, his perfect host.
I'm still waiting for Nightmare using Soul Wave on folks who aren't 9-C.

Even if it wouldn't work just ONE example would be good, if he doesn't use it in actual serious fights, regardless of the reason, I don't see a reason for him to bust it out here.
Because he'd be a ******* brain dead idiot not to and has no reason to think it wouldn't work in this case since he senses no taint of his own powers on him or senses Soul Calibur on him either.

yeah but here you are arguing with his 5d hax no? Just shouldn’t have been allowed since this will ofc come up in a different match for him. And very high hax says it ignores distance… from what I’ve seen argued the Soul Wave is a wave that needs to travel no? That sounds avoidable and also soul hax isn’t some op hax either. Unless I’m missing something, this is just soul bfr.

How the **** did they even manage that with the shit Shockwave has at his disposal? Did they just so happen to have the resistances necessary to handle his hax or did he just choose not to use them due to stupid plot reasons?

He lost 3 times in the original timeline, one of which does show him whipping out Inferno which is his first lost. His second one was against Siegfried at the beginning of SC5 where he didn't have the chance to summon Inferno due to Siegfried shattering Soul Edge and putting Inferno into a Coma. The 3rd time was during SC5 where he was offer but then immediately gained a new host through Inferno corrupting Pyrha into Pyrha Omega, his perfect host.

Because he'd be a ******* brain dead idiot not to and has no reason to think it wouldn't work in this case since he senses no taint of his own powers on him or senses Soul Calibur on him either.
Some shit Shockwave just... didn't use?(IE Ore-2-5) Honestly the only things they RESISTED from Shockwave that he had are Death Hax and maybe Mind Manipulation, but the ladder I'd say is probably a bit iffy, and others Shockwave didn't have at the time anyway like Ore-6's cold. I'm pretty sure they beat him with ranged and melee shit before just talking him into trying to fix it(Good ol Optimus Prime Social influencing amiright?). With Ore-1. AKA sending his ass WAAAAAY back

So... it's weird, then?

So he's Very High hax as far as this tournament is concerned then? And isn't fucky like Shockwave?(I ain't against Shockwave being removed anyway but it'd be for him being technically Very High hax reasons, not him having some 5-D hax he doesn't really use in a 1 on 1)
yeah but here you are arguing with his 5d hax no? Just shouldn’t have been allowed since this will ofc come up in a different match for him. And very high hax says it ignores distance… from what I’ve seen argued the Soul Wave is a wave that needs to travel no? That sounds avoidable and also soul hax isn’t some op hax either. Unless I’m missing something, this is just soul bfr.
I'm not really? Like, sure, Shockwave just leaving is something he does but it's not like he's just gonna dip at the start of a fight lol

I'm pretty it reaches across a two Kilometer floating island, the only reason Shockwave can get out of it at all is cause he has universal teleportation(Which was my use case for Ore-9) lol

We also just DQ Nightmare and put Nightmare as his normal...

Wait where does Shockwave get precog from? That could definitely flip the script.

I'm gonna go ask

Some shit Shockwave just... didn't use?(IE Ore-2-5) Honestly the only things they RESISTED from Shockwave that he had are Death Hax and maybe Mind Manipulation, but the ladder I'd say is probably a bit iffy, and others Shockwave didn't have at the time anyway like Ore-6's cold. I'm pretty sure they beat him with ranged and melee shit before just talking him into trying to fix it(Good ol Optimus Prime Social influencing amiright?). With Ore-1. AKA sending his ass WAAAAAY back
So mostly plot reasons then.
So... it's weird, then?
Kind of, but the third one was basically the same as the first except Inferno did it on purpose because his then current host was just weak so he needed a better one.
So he's Very High hax as far as this tournament is concerned then? And isn't fucky like Shockwave?(I ain't against Shockwave being removed anyway but it'd be for him being technically Very High hax reasons, not him having some 5-D hax he doesn't really use in a 1 on 1)
I figured since Nightmare only upscales from Baseline and is pretty much at risk of getting One-Shot by everyone that he'd be fine even with his really good hax.
I'm not really? Like, sure, Shockwave just leaving is something he does but it's not like he's just gonna dip at the start of a fight lol
You made it sound like it's something he would do at the start.
I'm pretty it reaches across a two Kilometer floating island, the only reason Shockwave can get out of it at all is cause he has universal teleportation(Which was my use case for Ore-9) lol
Fair.

So mostly plot reasons then.

Kind of, but the third one was basically the same as the first except Inferno did it on purpose because his then current host was just weak so he needed a better one.

I figured since Nightmare only upscales from Baseline and is pretty much at risk of getting One-Shot by everyone that he'd be fine even with his really good hax.

You made it sound like it's something he would do at the start.

Fair.
Yeh

Makes sense

It'd be kinda like me putting, say, Balthasar Gelt's baseline ass into a 9-B tournament but he sweeps it because he's got thought-based Transmutation. Or Wurrzag(When his profile is made) into a 8-A tournament even though he spams tier 6 stomps and pastes everyone. Or Baron Brixius(When I revise Sonny's profile) just mindhaxing everyone despite being baseline either 9-C or 9-B

I kinda did didn't I, he wouldn't, so that's the clarification i guess

It'd be kinda like me putting, say, Balthasar Gelt's baseline ass into a 9-B tournament but he sweeps it because he's got thought-based Transmutation. Or Wurrzag(When his profile is made) into a 8-A tournament even though he spams tier 6 stomps and pastes everyone. Or Baron Brixius(When I revise Sonny's profile) just mindhaxing everyone despite being baseline either 9-C or 9-B
The only thought based Hax at Nightmare's disposal is teleportation though, his other stuff is either Passives that don't take effect until later on or have to be activated manually despite being quick.

The only thought based Hax at Nightmare's disposal is teleportation though, his other stuff is either Passives that don't take effect until later on or have to be activated manually despite being quick.
It's the same difference here though, Nightmare's waves are faster then his combat speed so nobody can get out of them in a normal tournament, but this one is on a 2 kilometer-wide floating island you can't jump off of, so even if they could outrun it there's no point, Death is just slightly delayed at that point

It's the same difference here though, Nightmare's waves are faster then his combat speed so nobody can get out of them in a normal tournament, but this one is on a 2 kilometer-wide floating island you can't jump off of, so even if they could outrun it there's no point, Death is just slightly delayed at that point
I guess so. Man, I didn't realize how tiny the arena is until now.

Pretty much. Honestly I just wanted to get my Boi some more recognition in the current VSB Days.
Well, once Ikit Claw gets made they might be able to have a match, though id warn that Ikit is kinda haxy. And by haxy i mean he both will be entirely unaffected by the soul wave cause his soul(like every Warhammer Fantasy characters') is in the Realm of Chaos a 1-A distance away, and has some NAAAAAASTY hax with Warpstones

Back