• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 5-C The Sky Apocalypse Tournament (2023): Regenesis Shockwave vs Nightmare

Decepticon Leader vs Azure Knight

DaReaperMan vs XSOULOFCINDERX
Rules:
  • Attack Potency: (38 Exatons to 400 Exatons) (Willing to make exceptions)
  • Speed: Equalized speed in all matches
  • Distance: 50 meters apart from each other
  • Win: Win via killing or Incap or BFR (As long as both are not the first move for instant win)
  • Knowledge: Random encounters no prior knowledge to anybody
  • Participants: Total 14 Participants! One spot belongs to me
  • Location: All matches will take place Sky High in a levatation Mountain known as The Mountain of Doom. This place is 20000 m high in the sky floatting. Your character if fell from the mountain will die and you will lose the match, Be wise with your picks the land is jungle with giant sequoia trees.
    (Location picture below)
    (Inside View)

XbJfsvK.jpg

Combatants:
RegenesisShockwavepic.jpg
VS
Inferno_nightmare.png

Result
Characters:Attack Potency:Votes:
Regenesis Shockwave:328.01 Exatons
Nightmare:Baseline
Inconclusive:6 (Reaper, Could, Arkenis, Random, DD, Reiner)

Last edited:
Can nightmares madness work on technology? And what would shockwaves counter be to Nightmares immo 6?

Regardless, Nightmare has some issues here and something that may help

Mind hax doesn't mean much, Shockwave is not flesh and blood he is a robot with a memory core thing that is his mind, so Nightmare's mind hax doesn't do shit.

Nightmare for some ungodly reason lacks Soul hax on his page so "Watch this" doesn't do shit, if he did however that is a rock solid wincon since Shockwave does have a "conventional" soul.

And the rest of Nightmare's hax doesn't mean too much for Shockwave since he can either do it better or has something that counters it.

Shockwave blasts Nightmare to death, unfortunately.

Nightmare for some ungodly reason lacks Soul hax on his page so "Watch this" doesn't do shit, if he did however that is a rock solid wincon since Shockwave does have a "conventional" soul.
Reaper, you need your eyes checked, it's literally his third ability on his profile.Profile.

EDIT: Second, I thought I saw something in-between them.

Reaper, you need your eyes checked, it's literally his third ability on his profile.
Thank God, I thought that Nightmare was missing something even I know is supposed to be there

Regardless, there's Nightmare's wincon, fair match I guess

"Nightmares are assigned a quantifiable value. zero." FRA

Thank God, I thought that Nightmare was missing something even I know is supposed to be there

Regardless, there's Nightmare's wincon, fair match I guess

"Nightmares are assigned a quantifiable value. zero." FRA
Prove Shockwave has the skill to land the killing blow on someone who can insta-gib him with their hax and that even if he does, will then get sucked into the realm of Astral Chaos to then have a Round Two against Inferno, who uses Nightmare's Hax far more liberally and has the soul shit being passive in that dimension.

Prove Shockwave has the skill to land the killing blow on someone who can insta-gib him with their hax and that even if he does, will then get sucked into the realm of Astral Chaos to then have a Round Two against Inferno, who uses Nightmare's Hax far more liberally and has the soul shit being passive in that dimension.
One shot from Soundwave one-shots the happy holidays out of Nightmare, and seeing as Shockwave boxed out the Dinobots, Optimus ******* Prime, and Megatron...

since Nightmare doesn't lead with "Watch this"(he's literally only done it on one occasion) chances are he just gets blasted or tries to use a hax outside of that and gets it countered by one of Shockwave's better hax.

One shot from Soundwave one-shots the happy holidays out of Nightmare, and seeing as Shockwave boxed out the Dinobots, Optimus ******* Prime, and Megatron...

since Nightmare doesn't lead with "Watch this"(he's literally only done it on one occasion) chances are he just gets blasted or tries to use a hax outside of that and gets it countered by one of Shockwave's better hax.
What skill feats do those versions of the characters have? You gotta remember that Nightmare/Inferno can literally copy a person's entire fighting style after seeing it only once as shown in the Inferno Boss fight from SC2. Speaking of which, nothing you just told me prevents the whole getting BFR'd to Astral Chaos upon beating Nightmare even if that even happens.

What skill feats do those versions of the characters have? You gotta remember that Nightmare/Inferno can literally copy a person's entire fighting style after seeing it only once as shown in the Inferno Boss fight from SC2. Speaking of which, nothing you just told me prevents the whole getting BFR'd to Astral Chaos upon beating Nightmare even if that even happens.
Theyre pretty skilled but... Why would it matter anyway? Nightmare is like 1/30th of the size of Shockwave, neither can use "skill" besides shoot good on the other.

And Shockwave has 5-D capabilities of GTFO, the Astral Chaos(Which has also only happens once so it being """passive""" when Nightmare dies is shaky as ****) either gets Inferno blasted or just has Shockwave bid Inferno adieu and warp back to the battlefield cause he has 5-D range on that shit

Theyre pretty skilled but... Why would it matter anyway? Nightmare is like 1/30th of the size of Shockwave, neither can use "skill" besides shoot good on the other.

And Shockwave has 5-D capabilities of GTFO, the Astral Chaos(Which has also only happens once so it being """passive""" when Nightmare dies is shaky as ****) either gets Inferno blasted or just has Shockwave bid Inferno adieu and warp back to the battlefield cause he has 5-D range on that shit
It would matter a lot as it depends on if Shockwave can avoid getting skill stomped and Soul Haxxed by Nightmare

It happened twice actually, both in SC2 and in SC6 as that was the only way Inferno could fight you. Not that it matters much as the second Shockwave gets BFR'd his soul is getting ****** hard.

It would matter a lot as it depends on if Shockwave can avoid getting skill stomped and Soul Haxxed by Nightmare

It happened twice actually, both in SC2 and in SC6 as that was the only way Inferno could fight you. Not that it matters much as the second Shockwave gets BFR'd his soul is getting ****** hard.
Okay, show me whitebeard fighting someone as big as a cybertronian. Size matters in regards to skill, just because you can fight a dude your size doesn't mean you can fight a dude like 30x bigger or smaller then you effectively in melee

So 2/6 times Shockwave just leaves that plane instantly since soul hax there isn't instant

Okay, show me whitebeard fighting someone as big as a cybertronian. Size matters in regards to skill, just because you can fight a dude your size doesn't mean you can fight a dude like 30x bigger or smaller then you effectively in melee

So 2/6 times Shockwave just leaves that plane instantly since soul hax there isn't instant
This is a terrible argument, I was more so using my points as a way of saying 'Prove Shockwave can actually hit him at all as Nightmare doesn't go out of his way to tank shit like a DBZ character before he hits Shockwave with Soul Wave'.

Inferno wouldn't allow him to leave, he'd just instantly go for the kill. Does Shockwave actually have Dimensional Travel and if so how fast is it? Give me some examples of him using it to escape from getting BFR'd.

This is a terrible argument, I was more so using my points as a way of saying 'Prove Shockwave can actually hit him at all as Nightmare doesn't go out of his way to tank shit like a DBZ character before he hits Shockwave with Soul Wave'.

Inferno wouldn't allow him to leave, he'd just instantly go for the kill. Does Shockwave actually have Dimensional Travel and if so how fast is it? Give me some examples of him using it to escape from getting BFR'd.
I don't recall a time shockwave has actually missed a shot or had it dodged so take that as you will

Unless Inferno suddenly has tier 1 power null he doesn't got a choice Thought-based and pretty ****** fast, I'd have to figure out which issue has Shockwave being BEATEN so we can see how fast he did it to himself, but regardless he could also just BFR Inferno to Narnia if he needed to, but that isn't exactly something he does on solo opponents to my knowledge. And once again, this only happens 1/3 of the time, and 33% chance of victory is not enough to win a versus thread. Also Shockwave could incon by just using Ore-1 on the Astral Chaos and just destroying it

Even given its not a first move, as you said neither is shockwaves bfr.

Nightmare has reality warp, spatial manip, and soul manip that's ranged. So I see Nightmare having more win cons and he counters all of Shockwaves hax with spatial cutting with soul edge, he can just stop attacks through that.

And a slight interest, but how in character are both their illusion creation?

Even given its not a first move, as you said neither is shockwaves bfr.

Nightmare has reality warp, spatial manip, and soul manip that's ranged. So I see Nightmare having more win cons and he counters all of Shockwaves hax with spatial cutting with soul edge, he can just stop attacks through that.

And a slight interest, but how in character are both their illusion creation?
You do realize Shockwave's spatial Manipulation is leagues better right?(Literally a dimensional difference) And he blows Nightmare to bits with any hit?

Technically Shockwave is always using Ore-6 and Ore-8, but that's to control energy sources not for Ore-8's main effects, so I don't know

You do realize Shockwave's spatial Manipulation is leagues better right?(Literally a dimensional difference) And he blows Nightmare to bits with any hit?
:unsure: you wouldn't happen to mean dimensional difference as in tier? And Idc about Shockwave's spatial being better, I'm only saying Nightmare's spatial cutting can counter Shockwave's stuff.

Since we're on the topic of his Ores, how fast and how in character does he use them?

:unsure: you wouldn't happen to mean dimensional difference as in tier? And Idc about Shockwave's spatial being better, I'm only saying Nightmare's spatial cutting can counter Shockwave's stuff.

Since we're on the topic of his Ores, how fast and how in character does he use them?
Which... doesn't really help? Shockwave has 4 to 5-D control over space-time, he can just say "no" to that spatial manip

For Regenesis he was using them all to accomplish his goals, like, they're the main hallmark of why Regenesis was a threat in the first place, so yes, but he was doing other things with them

5d control over space-time with low multiversal range with the other ore hax as well? Bro boutta win the tourney. So Nightmares main win cons are soul hax he barely does? Don't see much of a way he wins then. leaning to Shockwave for now

5d control over space-time with low multiversal range with the other ore hax as well? Bro boutta win the tourney. So Nightmares main win cons are soul hax he barely does? Don't see much of a way he wins then. leaning to Shockwave for now
I fully expect Shockwave to lose honestly, because offensive use of that 5-D shit isn't something he does often at all, so someone is gonna do him in by just hitting him enough or some shit lol

I fully expect Shockwave to lose honestly, because offensive use of that 5-D shit isn't something he does often at all, so someone is gonna do him in by just hitting him enough or some shit lol
I guess, could nightmares madness hax work? As he hits them with soul edge it'll drain their soul so i could see that being a win con

I guess, could nightmares madness hax work? As he hits them with soul edge it'll drain their soul so i could see that being a win con
In the same vein mind hax doesn't work Madness shouldn't either

And yeah that could be a wincon overall, it's like a 45/55 in Shockwave's favor for if Nightmare lives long enough to actually drop some good shit

Don't forget that Nightmare can also teleport as well being able to sense how powerful people are by sensing the strength of their souls on some DBZ type beat so he'd be more than aware that Shockwave could easily kill him and thus go for all of his good hax right out the gate.

Don't forget that Nightmare can also teleport as well being able to sense how powerful people are by sensing the strength of their souls on some DBZ type beat so he'd be more than aware that Shockwave could easily kill him and thus go for all of his good hax right out the gate.
Can I see Nightmare ever doing this? Like, in a fight that's not against literal fodder soldiers?

Can I see Nightmare ever doing this? Like, in a fight that's not against literal fodder soldiers?
He never fights anyone stronger than him in the entire franchise as he's stronger than everyone barring Algol (who Nightmare never fights aside from a Non-Canon ending in SC4), Abyss (Who he 2v1'd with Siegfried and beat who literally resists all of his hax since they share the exact same power source), Siegfried (Who is equal to him in power as well as resists all of his hax thanks to both having been Nightmare for a long time and also has Soul Calibur which is Soul Edge's counter) and possibly Edge Master (Who he also never ends up fighting) so it's kind of hard to give you evidence of him using his best moves off rip against someone superior to him in a cutscene without using Gameplay shenanigans, but I doubt Nightmare is a brain dead idiot as he's consistently shown to be a very intelligent and skilled fighter despite his straightforward and brute force approach for most enemies.

He never fights anyone stronger than him in the entire franchise as he's stronger than everyone barring Algol (who Nightmare never fights aside from a Non-Canon ending in SC4), Abyss (Who he 2v1'd with Siegfried and beat who literally resists all of his hax since they share the exact same power source), Siegfried (Who is equal to him in power as well as resists all of his hax thanks to both having been Nightmare for a long time and also has Soul Calibur which is Soul Edge's counter) and possibly Edge Master (Who he also never ends up fighting) so it's kind of hard to give you evidence of him using his best moves off rip against someone superior to him in a cutscene without using Gameplay shenanigans, but I doubt Nightmare is a brain dead idiot as he's consistently shown to be a very intelligent and skilled fighter despite his straightforward and brute force approach for most enemies.
Then when has he haxed folks who aren't fodder?

Then when has he haxed folks who aren't fodder?
He's never had the chance to be able to use his hax against people who aren't fodder as they either resist all of his powers or he just never ended up meeting them as I already stated. Nightmare isn't an idiot and I doubt he'd just go for normal sword strikes against someone he can sense is powerful enough to one-shot him.

He's never had the chance to be able to use his hax against people who aren't fodder as they either resist all of his powers or he just never ended up meeting them as I already stated. Nightmare isn't an idiot and I doubt he'd just go for normal sword strikes against someone he can sense is powerful enough to one-shot him.
Shame, if he's got jack and shit for feats against ******* who don't resist his shit then... well the gods of "couldn't do it in-character" slams him with Shockwave...

Shame, if he's got jack and shit for feats against ******* who don't resist his shit then... well the gods of "couldn't do it in-character" slams him with Shockwave...
The closest we ever got to Nightmare actively using hax against people close to him in power is against Kilik and Xiang-Hua in SC6 when Inferno was actively corrupting Kilik and trying to turn him against Xiang-Hua, which nearly worked until Kilik's Plot Armor kicked in and stopped him from killing her at the last second and overcoming the corruption to use his new found power up to 2v1 Inferno with her while she wielded Soul Calibur but that's Reboot Timeline shit and I'm trying to not use that as people will argue it doesn't apply to Original Timeline Nightmare even though they're borderline identical to each other.

The closest we ever got to Nightmare actively using hax against people close to him in power is against Kilik and Xiang-Hua in SC6 when Inferno was actively corrupting Kilik and trying to turn him against Xiang-Hua, which nearly worked until Kilik's Plot Armor kicked in and stopped him from killing her at the last second and overcoming the corruption to use his new found power up to 2v1 Inferno with her while she wielded Soul Calibur but that's Reboot Timeline shit and I'm trying to not use that as people will argue it doesn't apply to Original Timeline Nightmare even though they're borderline identical to each other.
Yeah I get that, and it makes sense, sucks hard but Dat be the rules i guess

Yeah I get that, and it makes sense, sucks hard but Dat be the rules i guess
They should have nearly the exact same thought process though, especially when Nightmare is very aware of how suicidal it would be to not teleport out of the way of something this many times stronger than him, even more so when he has two chances to not **** this up if Inferno comes out to play in case Nightmare ***** up as he'd have no hesitation with just haxxing him by then if he did before since Inferno is visually shown using Hax more often than Nightmare does and might have even copied Shockwave's fighting style in the process so he'd know when and how everything he does works aside from maybe Shockwave's hax.

They should have nearly the exact same thought process though, especially when Nightmare is very aware of how suicidal it would be to not teleport out of the way of something this many times stronger than him, even more so when he has two chances to not **** this up if Inferno comes out to play in case Nightmare ***** up as he'd have no hesitation with just haxxing him by then if he did before since Inferno is visually shown using Hax more often than Nightmare does and might have even copied Shockwave's fighting style in the process so he'd know when and how everything he does works aside from maybe Shockwave's hax.
When has Nightmare teleported by the way? And how fast is it?

When has Nightmare teleported by the way? And how fast is it?
I personally haven't seen Nightmare himself teleport but Inferno has shown it and they have the exact same powers as each other. Inferno takes like half a second to do it and mostly uses it to chain aerial combo you since he can uppercut you into the air, fly up to keep hitting you and then teleport back to the ground to keep hitting you. I'm 100% certain it was for balancing purposes that they don't let Nightmare use those two abilities as Inferno is actively acknowledged as the cheat character in the franchise that's actively banned from being playable online due to how cheap he is.

I personally haven't seen Nightmare himself teleport but Inferno has shown it and they have the exact same powers as each other. Inferno takes like half a second to do it and mostly uses it to chain aerial combo you since he can uppercut you into the air, fly up to keep hitting you and then teleport back to the ground to keep hitting you. I'm 100% certain it was for balancing purposes that they don't let Nightmare use those two abilities as Inferno is actively acknowledged as the cheat character in the franchise that's actively banned from being playable online due to how cheap he is.
Makes sense, should be enough time to maybe get out of the way of Shockwave's shots, but that kinda thing could get predictable especially with the soul hax dura neg S M A C K S with Soul Edge

Makes sense, should be enough time to maybe get out of the way of Shockwave's shots, but that kinda thing could get predictable especially with the soul hax dura neg S M A C K S with Soul Edge
It could definitely become predictable which is why I feel like in this specific situation against an enemy he is very aware could One-Shot him that he'd teleport out of the way, preferably someplace where Shockwave can't instantly turn around and shoot at him long enough to use Soul Wave and off Shockwave right then and there.

Iirc Nightmare does use Watch This quite a fair bit, opening of SC3, opening of SC5, his soul wave moves in SC6 and in 4 too iirc. He can also just soul hax on contact with his sword and take it bit by bit. Also idk if this helps but Nightmare is prolly gonna be looking at getting Inorganic Phys due to just being a suit of armour controlled by soul edge's will. That said the AP gap looks to be wider than my waistline on a Saturday night

Back