• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 Smash Bros. Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArbitraryNumbers said:
Once again:
I am more than willing to not create a billion profiles if it truly is that big of a deal. That's not the point. The point here is that I think the Low 2-C upgrades are more valid and consistent than our current ones.
We dont accept crossover profiles afaik. Only original characters from said crossovers.

Marco Shark said:
What the hell?
What happened to KINGDOM HEARTS?
If you mean KH Jafar, Clayton, Hades and other Disney supports sans Maleficent and Pete, they were deleted.

@Overlord

But he has his anime with feats of it's own (and I believe here is even composite with the games) so is not needed.

Dark649 said:
Saikou The Lewd King said:
Except there are no reasons to split the two pages. Mr. Game & Watch as a concept was introduced by Smash.
No, he had a game before. He just became famous because of Melee.
He had games, but they were all separate characters with no names. Mr. Game and Watch himself became a full-fledged character through Smash Bros., and ROB was merely a toy before Brawl came out.

Well, I personally think we're fine with only the pages we have right now, there's no reason to restore the deleted ones, but the Smash characters that weren't deleted (Game & Watch, R.O.B, etc) can scale from a Low 2-C feat, so, I just want to know why they were downgraded.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Well, I personally think we're fine with only the pages we have right now, there's no reason to restore the deleted ones, but the Smash characters that weren't deleted can scale from a Low 2-C feat, so, I just want to know why they were downgraded.
This.

I mean we have plenty of crossover profiles far more doubtable than stuff like G&W or R.O.B.

2-A Dante and High 4-C Ryu comes to mind.

Marvel and DC aren't the exceptions, they are the rule.

When a story descends into a convoluted mess whose intentions clearly don't go any further then "let's put these characters together" because "muh fan service" and the medium immediately proceeds to contradict, overwrite and just generally show complete disregard for the respective franchises just so it can sell a product, then it can barely be considered anything more then a cross-over.

Hiding behind: "Weeeeeeeeell it still has a story of it's own you know..." doesn't change anything. The fact remains that the game is still pitting a Pikachu against Arceus. It's literally the same thing as Dormammu being hurt by Cyclops.

Excuse me, but thats wrong.

The smash cast have a different backstory, they are not even human and have a different moveset that mostly differs from the canon material.

Marco Shark said:
The smash cast have a different backstory, they are not even human and have a different moveset that mostly differs from the canon material.

RESTORE THE PAGES.
no screaming

Marco Shark said:

RESTORE THE PAGES.
Please stop this, Marco.

I'm starting to delete your comments. You're not contributing anything by yelling or mocking people.

Asura Wrath Ryu and Akuma have little connection to their game counterpart like Tekken Akuma.

My point is, there are multiple non canon characters in the wikia already, and since most of the arguments against low 2-C smash and new pages are strawmans, then i really dont see a problem with just accepting that the admins are overusing their power and remake the necessary corrections ourselves.

With that, i should go.

@Marco

Strawmans? Scans to support your claim or are you just talking out your ass?

Abusing our power? When have we done so?

@Myriadofmemes

When did Marvel and DC get brought up at all? The page I listed merely used Marvel and DC as a one of the prime examples, because it's such a huge franchise.

It's not a disregard for the mechanics of the respective verses. The characters aren't their original counterparts, and they aren't treated as such; they're merely trophies representing their respective characters, with limited movesets that merely reference their franchises. Of course a Pikachu would be able to take hits from Arceus in a verse like this, when they're all just toys.

Besides, there's no rule against crossovers on this wiki in the first place. As long as we do the ones that are 90% original and were practically nothing until Smash came along, then I'd say it's perfectly fine. Can this thread at least come to that conclusion?

Will say we all need to calm down now and talk this much more calmly. Or else this thread will end up just like how the last one did, and we don't need 3+ threads on this topic.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@Marco

Right now, the low 2-C smash pages were simply deleted because you wanted it, not a single justification was given for it to the "normal users". Thats abuse.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@Marco

Marco is wrong, but by saying things like "talking out your ass", you're not helping the chaos much, either.

However most of the arguments thus far have been accusations that I'm only doing this for Low 2-C Kirby, or out of favoritism, and generally seem to be ignoring the main point of my argument.

@Marco You do know that if they were REALLY abusing others, they would either delete all of your comments, ignore your votes, and ban you for the hell of it.

Umm no. The reason they were deleted was because we were still discussing it on the last thread, yet people decided to make the files anyway while we still hadn't come to a conclusion. Read the last thread.

I personally don't care for the deleted pages, I just don't get why R.O.B, Game & Watch and etc. can't be Low 2-C when they can scale from feats on that level.

I'm honestly tired of this.

The same things keep being brought up over and over again. I think it's best if we put this discussion on hold for a while until the more important issues have passed.

I brought them up as our rules on DC and Marvel fit the current situation perfectly. It is a one to one example.

It is a complete and utter disregard for the characters, not being their original counterparts doesn't amount to anything, especially in the case of a Pikachu who has no true original counterpart in the Pokemon games. Saying that they are "merely" trophies doesn't change the fact that the developers of Smash are without any sort of doubt insinuating that these are the characters from their respective franchises. And literally all you've said still applies to the Marvel and DC scaling rules.

Any sort of scaling for Pikachus and Falcos relies solely on the premise of the Smash franchise which is a cross-over in every way possible.

>Sees thread

>Closes thread

>Somebody reopens thread

>Hightlighted thread to end thread

>Thread is derailed.

>Suggesting closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back