• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 Smash Bros. Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I'm all for keeping 7-B smash if someone can provide reasons for doing so. I've since changed my mind about Low 2-C Smash.

Like PaChi said, I think we should finish this as quickly as possible before it becomes too repetitive. Solve the following issues:

• Is Low 2-C valid?
    • If so, should we make profiles for everyone else?
I can personally understand not doing the latter. But I think the Low 2-C feats are much more consistent, and they use the exact same reasoning as our current rankings.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I think that G&W should keep his 9-A key. No idea why that was removed.
You can easily make a canon Game and Watch page and paste his 9-A informations, that's what i intended.

Except there are no reasons to split the two pages. Mr. Game & Watch as a concept was introduced by Smash.

I also agree with Matt; I'm one of the people who'd support Low 2-C for every single Nintendo character if it were really all about favoritism. But We'd have way too many alternate profiles for too many characters. A profile for Low 2-C Kirby also seems very unnecessary. Staff already have their hands for with Naruto/Bleach revisions, Tier 4 revisions ect; all more important than this.

Just leave the god tiers at Low 2-C and the fodder characters much lower.

If we are getting rid of the Low 2-C ratings because it would allow for more crossover profiles, and the fact that they're redundant, why are we downgrading instead of removing them?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Except there are no reasons to split the two pages. Mr. Game & Watch as a concept was introduced by Smash.
No, he had a game before. He just became famous because of Melee.

Yobobojojo said:
If we are getting rid of the Low 2-C ratings because it would allow for more crossover profiles, and the fact that they're redundant, why are we downgrading instead of removing them?
because there is a Kirby in game feat to scale everyone to

Why do we even still have the Kirby Smash profile anyway? The Smash key in all of the other characters got removed, so, why not just delete that profile?

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Why do we even still have the Kirby Smash profile anyway? The Smash key in all of the other characters got removed, so, why not just delete that profile?
R.O.B and Game and Watch pages are their smash counterpart like Kirby.

@Dark False. Mr. Game & Watch never had any appearance pre-Smash. All of his "appearances" were just generic Game & Watch characters. Melee was the first to even bring up the idea of a composite of all the generic Game & Watch characters.

I will ask Azathoth to delete the pages [Kirby, Game and Watch and R.O.B] since he will agree with me, lastly later i will delete this copy page and remove the heroes key from the other one. Game and Watch and R.O.B will be restored in their 9-A and 10-C states.

The notion that I'm arguing for Low 2-C Smash solely for the sake of Low 2-C Smash characters and Kirby is a blatant strawman. Like I said before, this isn't about coming to a conclusion that is comfortable or satisfying, but one that is logically sound.

These feats are consistent and they use the same reasoning as our current ones. Why not include them?

Because Azathoth and other Admins rejected them, it's the reason why the edits were reverted in the first place.

Dark649 said:
I will ask Azathoth to delete the pages [Kirby, Game and Watch and R.O.B] since he will agree with me, lastly later i will delete this copy page and remove the heroes key from the other one. Game and Watch and R.O.B will be restored in their 9-A and 10-C states.
Fair enough.

So, judt because "the admins" (aka. We do not have the exact votes or discussion for us "normal users" to see) want them deleted without ab explanation, we are supposed to just take it as it is and not complain?

I tought this was a discussion, not a "what i say its rule" kind of thing..

@Dark

Completely false. What Azzy rejected, along with Ryu and even Cal, was making profiles for characters like Smash!Mario, Link and the others.

"Hence why it's fine to have profiles for original characters with actual feats from Smash, but not to randomly create a bunch of pages for nearly identical versions of already existing characters for the sole purpose of giving them a power boost.

This isn't even about new forms or powers or something. It's just about having what essentially amounts to copy profiles but the Tier is changed to Low 2-C."

~ Azathot the Abyssal Idiot

Then he would have left the Kirby profile at Low 2-C, but he did not. I will leave since i'm wasting my time and i'm not that interested about this, lastly i will call Azathoth to agree with what i'm planning.

Dark649 said:
That is no copy page.

Anna's main page only covers anna's basic abilities (the ones from her main classes)

That profile covers all the alternative abilities Anna can have during a playthrough because you can have her marry anyone, including the DLC skills (i.e. Apotheosis Anna, gatekeeper Anna). The same way Future warrior can earn more abilities through DLCs, Anna is precisely the only character who is relevant DLC-wise (Apotheosis) and should have all her abilities listed.

In fact, the only reason I considered Composite Anna a thing was the fact that she states herself that all Annas are sisters and look alike, making possible that all alternative Anna's are canon to each other.

"I will call another person to agree with me"

Great argument, mate.

It doesnt matter how many agree with you if your argument is still faulty.

Im honestly going to agree with Arbitary Numbers on this one.

Won't say much right now, but deciding to reject and get rid of them just because "staff says so" is blatent appeal to authroity and with all due respect, completely disregarding what normal users have to say about this.

Don't get me wrong. I value staff decisions all the time definitely, and respect them, but we can't just go along with something if there's not even a good solid argument or reason to agree with it in the first place.

If there's good reason, or arguments, to say no to Low 2-C then of course i'll agree. But until then, I really see no issue's with having these pages and "no" can't be an answer to deny the verse ratings that seem perfectly logical and consistent.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I also agree with Matt; I'm one of the people who'd support Low 2-C for every single Nintendo character if it were really all about favoritism. But We'd have way too many alternate profiles for too many characters. A profile for Low 2-C Kirby also seems very unnecessary. Staff already have their hands for with Naruto/Bleach revisions, Tier 4 revisions ect; all more important than this.
Just leave the god tiers at Low 2-C and the fodder characters much lower.
I also agree with Matt; I'm one of the people who'd support Low 2-C for every single Nintendo character if it were really all about favoritism.

This isn't about favoritism in the slightest. There's no reason to deny these feats, and you all keep bringing up the same stuff over and over again after I've already covered it above several times.

But We'd have way too many alternate profiles for too many characters. A profile for Low 2-C Kirby also seems very unnecessary.

The notion that I'm only doing this for Low 2-C Kirby is a huge strawman. Like I said above, this isn't about reaching a comfortable conclusion or a satisfying one; it's about reaching a valid one.

Also, again, I'm okay with not creating a billion profiles if it's that big of a deal. I'm just saying this Low 2-C upgrade is more valid than our current rankings.

Staff already have their hands for with Naruto/Bleach revisions, Tier 4 revisions ect; all more important than this.

This isn't a staff discussion thread. I understand that the staff would be bothered by this, and if that's the case then I encourage that they focus on their priorities.

You do realize Low 2-C Smash means Low 2-C Primids and ROB's; and that's the equivalent of 4-A Goombas and 2-C Castlevania skeletons.

@Dark

Because people were still debating if it should be implemented at all; plus, that Kirby profile is one of the copies he rejected. Heck, the profile only exists to scale to the other characters. Since now it has been brought a legitimate feat of this characters, the page is no longer needed. At least, that's what I understood (and agree) among all the chaos that was the other thread.

@DarkDragon What? We won't upgrade the Primid to Low 2-C for the same reasons why the Goombas aren't 4-A like you said yourself.

Why was Low 2-C SSB rejected? I remember people agreeing that we shouldn't have random and unnecessary SSB pages (which makes sense), but why were the Low 2-C stats removed from the pages that weren't deleted? I'm not saying that they should go back to Low 2-C, I'm just confused as to why they were downgraded.

So far the only arguments against Low 2-C in this thread have been strawman arguments, appeals to authority, or just straight up ignoring the real meat of what I have to say here.

@Marco

While I understand the frustration brought by this topic and feeling of not being listened, you should stop that attitude right now.

1. Is highly disrespectful

2. It doesn't help your case at all. In fact, is hurting it.

3. The same way you feel frustrated, the staff might feel that way about this, so you are being unreasonable while especting others to be reasonable with you.

Once again:

I am more than willing to not create a billion profiles if it truly is that big of a deal. That's not the point. The point here is that I think the Low 2-C upgrades are more valid and consistent than our current ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back