• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 1 AP & Range Separation?

The main thing left is to improve the wording of my proposed definitions.

As a reminder, here's the motivation for this change:
Here's how that proposal came about:
  • I noticed a hole within the higher ranges; Interdimensional only covered attacks that failed to cover a universal distance within a 5-D multiverse.
  • I proposed changing Interdimensional to cover any attacks that fail to cover a universal distance within any spacetime greater than 3 dimensions.
  • Ant didn't like this proposal and vetoed it, since he wanted Interdimensional to remain largely the same.
  • In an attempt to still fix that hole in the system, I proposed Extradimensional, to attacks that fail to cover a universal distance within any spacetime greater than 5 dimensions.
If Ant has retracted his veto and Interdimensional can actually be changed to something sensical, I would prefer that.

If he hasn't, then I would defend that our hole within the range ratings still needs to be rectified by something like Extradimensional.
And these were the main two proposals for definitions:
Extradimensional: Attacks and abilities that can reach outside of the conventional space-time of a single universe, in a way that isn't covered by any other range ratings. Typically by being able to reach into parts of, but not the entirety of, different realms that lie outside of a standard multiverse, or by being able to reach into multiple timelines simultaneously without covering a universal distance.
Extradimensional: Attacks and abilities that can reach outside of the conventional space-time of a single universe, in a way that isn't covered by any other range ratings. Typically by being able to reach into parts of, but not the entirety of, different realms that lie outside of a standard multiverse.

Thank you. I find your first option for Extradimensional acceptable to apply. 🙏

Extradimensional: Attacks and abilities that can reach outside of the conventional space-time of a single universe, in a way that isn't covered by any other range ratings. Typically by being able to reach into parts of, but not the entirety of, different realms that lie outside of a standard multiverse, or by being able to reach into multiple timelines simultaneously without covering a universal distance.
@AKM sama @DontTalkDT @DarkDragonMedeus @Mr. Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Andytrenom @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Just_a_Random_Butler @DarkGrath @Dereck03 @Planck69 Are you okay with adding this new range category?

Thank you both for your input. 🙏❤️

And these were the main two proposals for definitions:
I choose option 1, but i want to add some nitpicks from my part
Extradimensional: Attacks and abilities that can reach outside of the conventional space-time of a single universe, in a way that isn't covered by any other range ratings. Typically by being able to reach into parts of, but not the entirety of, different realms that lie outside of a standard multiverse or any higher dimensional structure (except 1-A and above), or by being able to reach into multiple timelines simultaneously without covering a universal distance.

I thought that our current definition of 1-A is not restricted by dimensions.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tiering_System#1-A:_Outerverse_level
Yeah, that why i want to add except 1-A and above for safety reason, cause 1-A is not restrict to dimensions thus if a character have 1-A and above rating, then their range should just be Outerversal and above, and not adding an unnecessary Extradimensional rating into the range section. And also if someone not 1-A yet have 1-A extradimensional rating then it turn into an anti-feat for 1-A, there is also cases with character with smurf haxes but that is case-by-case thing, not general rule

I don't understand why you'd add something like that.

"realms that lie outside of a standard multiverse" is proper wording for both tiers like 1-B and High 1-A, as it should, since it doesn't really have anything to do with dimensions. And as you say, there are some niches where Extradimensional could still come up for 1-A/High 1-A characters, so there's no reason for us to explicitly exclude them.

I don't understand why you'd add something like that.

"realms that lie outside of a standard multiverse" is proper wording for both tiers like 1-B and High 1-A, as it should, since it doesn't really have anything to do with dimensions. And as you say, there are some niches where Extradimensional could still come up for 1-A/High 1-A characters, so there's no reason for us to explicitly exclude them.
Aside from except 1-A and above stuffs which i already discussed with Ant, i thought that "outside standard multiverse" is simply just, multiverse (tier 2 only), so i thought of adding more words in case peoples don't understand, but well, probably i think too deep, anyway personally i think your option 1 is the best

@AKM sama @DontTalkDT @Mr. Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Andytrenom @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Just_a_Random_Butler @DarkGrath @Dereck03 @Planck69 Are you okay with adding this new range category? We still need a few more approvals.

@AKM sama @DontTalkDT @Mr. Bambu @Just_a_Random_Butler @Celestial_Pegasus @Andytrenom @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @DarkGrath @Dereck03 @Planck69 Are you okay with adding this new range category? We still need a few more approvals.

@AKM sama @DontTalkDT @Mr. Bambu @Just_a_Random_Butler @Celestial_Pegasus @Andytrenom @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @DarkGrath @Dereck03 Are you okay with adding this new range category? We still need a bit more feedback.

Last edited:
I think so, yes. Thanks a lot for helping out. 🙏🙂❤️
Done. @Antvasima @Agnaa If there's nothing else, we can close this thread.

Do you think it might be worthwhile keeping this thread open for a few days to a week to answer any questions about the new rating?

If not, I can close this.

Maybe something like:

A new range rating has been added, Extradimensional:
If you know a profile where that rating seems fitting, please make a Content Revision Thread to get it added.

Back