• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dargoo

I remember you said you were willing to change the page to better reflect the rules, would you mind getting on that? It should specificy that something doesn't need to be a loss to he a stomp

Also, let's be real for a second. Stomp is means curbstomp which implies that one side is being destroyed, not a stalemate or anything like that, so get it changed.

I think like 3 of them aren't actual physical stomps. However one of those is a range stomp. (Ethan) iirc. But ones like Doppelgänger should be fine

Reynardine, Doppelgängers, and Ditto Are the only fine ones in the Inconclusives, the Losses is already updated. And Gotta Sweep is fine for the wins. Other than that. The rest have to be yeeted to due range stomp, and AP stomp. As for removing them will later be decided on another thread if this HTH bypassing durability thing is legit or not.

Nah, hes still a meme, it's just the matches that are gone. Doesn't mean he isn't the crowned King of Inconclusives

But now this brings up and important point. Who wants to take a look at Ness's and 682's match list, as they have many Inconclusives in the exact same vein

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Ness's and 682's incons (and its reasons) are much different than McQueen's
Which are? at least in my experience, the 682 matches are often that neither character can kill or put down the other, so neither side can win, just like McQueen

Well, we have 1 more thing before we are finished here. A note:

Note: Please do not make versus matches with Thunder McQueen going against a character tiers above him in durability and power. This is because both characters lack any way to win at all and is a mismatch as well as spite. Any match which fits this description will be closed. Exceptions can be made if the character has comparable or lower durability than McQueen, in which the match is fair and allowed

What about characters who have less durability than Mcqueen, yet higher AP to the point they still one shot? Per se, Bubble.

Certain characters can have acceptations like Bubble. They just need a realistic win condition. Since bubble can easily die with a poke, it means McQueen can one shot as well, which gives him a plausible win condition.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Note: Please do not make versus matches with Thunder McQueen going against a character tiers above him in durability and power. This is because both characters lack any way to win at all and is a mismatch as well as spite. Any match which fits this description will be closed. Exceptions can be made if the character has comparable or lower durability than McQueen, in which the match is fair and allowed
I need staff approval, and reworded the note a bit

Is a note really required though? And that verbose?

Verbose means to be heavily and extravagantly worded. Which that note really isn't. I'm perfectly fine with the note.

The Wright Way said:
Verbose means to be heavily and extravagantly worded. Which that note really isn't. I'm perfectly fine with the note.
>Please do not make versus matches with Thunder McQueen going against a character tiers above him in durability and power. This is because both characters lack any way to win at all and is a mismatch as well as spite

No, that's kinda exactly verbose. It's taking a general idea and treating it like it absolutely must be the case for every character above or below him in physical stats. That isn't true. While it's true for the most part cases do exist where McQueen could beat characters above him in tier or he could lose to characters below him in tier. The note outright ignores the possibility of such matches possibly existing and sets a hard rule. It should be case by case even if 99% of those cases aren't ok.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
why's it so long?

Chariot190 said:
The Wright Way said:
>Please do not make versus matches with Thunder McQueen going against a character tiers above him in durability and power. This is because both characters lack any way to win at all and is a mismatch as well as spite
No, that's kinda exactly verbose. It's taking a general idea and treating it like it absolutely must be the case for every character above or below him in physical stats. That isn't true. While it's true for the most part cases do exist where McQueen could beat characters above him in tier or he could lose to characters below him in tier. The note outright ignores the possibility of such matches possibly existing and sets a hard rule. It should be case by case even if 99% of those cases aren't ok.
It literally says exceptions are for characters with comparable or lower durability

So have you reached a conclusion to be applied here, and if so, should there be a footnote rule in Thunder's profile page? I think that it seems best, given that this situation will just be repeated otherwise.

We have reached a conclusion and applied it. The only thing we were discussing is if the note should be left, which seems agreed upon.

Antvasima said:
So have you reached a conclusion to be applied here, and if so, should there be a footnote rule in Thunder's profile page? I thik that it seems best, given that this situation will just be repeated otherwise.
There is also the issue on the clarity of the stomp page as well

Well this thread is where the issue was raised, and the case where it is the most relevant. it's not worth leaving all the evidence out of the new thread. The changes on this page are contingent on a side not needing to lose for it to be a stomp, which is the issue with the page at the moment

If this is a proven with Stomp threads in general. That means it belongs in that discussion. Not this one. This isn't covers McQueen. Stomp threads are a much bigger issue and should have its own threads linked to those topics so staff can see it

Please do not make versus threads with Thunder McQueen going against a character tiers above him in durability and power as they are mismatches.

That's enough imo.

AKM sama said:
Please do not make versus threads with Thunder McQueen going against a character tiers above him in durability and power as they are mismatches.

That's enough imo.
That seems fine to me as well.

Buttersamuri said:
If this is a proven with Stomp threads in general. That means it belongs in that discussion. Not this one. This isn't covers McQueen. Stomp threads are a much bigger issue and should have its own threads linked to those topics so staff can see it
I mean, the points made in this thread is that it is already the case, so it just needs to be changed if that is true. Is it even worth making another thread in sacrifice of the context?

If you feel it's a big enough issue, then you can make the thread discussing it. But until then; these matches simply fall under stomp threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back