• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thoughts on Verses Pages

Respectfully, I disagree:

1- It'll be a bit difficult to keep track of all the matches consdidering the number of users in this community.

2- Out comes change. A lot. And that's due to a certain verse / character becoming stronger / weaker via new feats / re-evaluation of power, which, would require to revisit those matches and edit their categorization on the page.

3- Unfruitful debates. Sometimes, matches are decided by users simply posting "Agreed, X wins." or something like that, which, I think is unfair for both sides of the match, especially if the users involved are not quite knowledgable on both sides, which would mean that the out come decided on is false.

And honestly though, I think it's a bit of unnecessary work, but again, that's just me.

@Spec

1. I don't see how it would be hard to keep track of, like at all, I don't quite get this point

2. the same can be said for any versus match

3. again, the same could be said for any standard versus match, and also as a rule of thumb here you need to have reasons onwhy they win, and a certain number of people agreeing,

and i don't think it would require a great deal of effort either..

@LordAizenSama

1. Well, it's because of the sheer number of users in this site; battle forums tend to be highly active, and keeping tabs on all matches of a certain type would be a bit hard. Or maybe the battle section here isn't as active as I thought.

2- Yes, and I also don't see the point behind the Win/Loss section at the end of most profiles.

3- That's good and all, but you have to consider the degree of knowledge the users involved have regarding the character/verse in the match. Just because everyone agrees on one out come doesn't mean they're right. And since this is a wiki, you must strive for obtaining accurate information. Consensus alone won't do.

Again, maybe it's just that the Battle section isn't as active as I thought.

1. we have had no problems thus far.

2. now that would be problematic.

3. that's a generic flaw and it isn't limited to my suggestion here, but theres been no notable problems so far, considering all the safeguards in place, and admins normally look over this before a add is made aswell.

@LordAizenSama

Hmm...the problem is that Verses don't have a tiering of their own, hence it would be difficult to judge if a particular VS match is a mismatch or not. Add to that the fact that few Verses are quite popular, hence Verse VS threads will likely become repetitive very soon.

If you have any solutions to get around the listed issues, I am personally okay with your suggestion.

hmm.. you'd have to take into consideration hax aswell, but that's just too hard to place anyway so theres going to need to be some leniency on that; but maybe for simplicity sake, we should probably look at mismatches based primarily on Tiering, and for hax verses a accurate reading would have to be on a case by case basis I think.

Maybe on their profiles we could better highlight the levels of characters of the verse ? Maybe a Tally of the top tiers strengths for easier viewing? for example:

Naruto: 1 Possible Planet level

6 Moon level Characters

4 Continental Characters (or however many there are )

couple that Alongside with the descriptions in the power of the verse section and I think that could do it?

Personally i don't think it would get repetitive easily, and people make Verse VS Verse, or Character Vs Verse threads regardless anyway. plus with conditions like single characters fighting against a entire verse, theres so many different people to choose from as that 1 person to fight a verse that i think it would yield different discussions

Another thing we should probably note, that if this gets accepted, how the Battle condition of that certain fight was,because results may change based on how the rules are set. for example if there was prep or not, etc

so under a win or loss we could simply note: Read Battle conditions

or we could make it more exact like:

Naruto

Notable victories:

One piece verse: "With Prep" "Without Prep" "Prep with Knowledge" "Prep without Knowledge" or something like that

Personally I think that this is a very bad idea.

It is more humiliating for a fan of a certain property if it is repeatedly stomped by other high-ranking franchises, than if a certain character within it is defeated by a similarly powerful character. It would breed much greater antipathy between different fan communities.

The fans of the most popular properties, Marvel, DC, and the HST would also start to think that we genuinely hate and want to humiliate them, and start to constantly talk badly about us.

Basically, this would cause unnecessary conflict, and should be avoided.

I agree with Ant. The thought of getting fans of certain franchises getting angry at us if we did this would not sit well with me at all.

Sure, why not? But the discussions should be locked somehow once the conclusion is either decided or the discussion has gone a certain amount of time without a reply.

@Ant @Cross personalIy don't see it being any worse than things like Flash Vs Goku where it was literally a stomp,probably a sneaky spite thread (whoever made it knew what they were doing) considering it was Bloodlusted Wally West,and it was added to wins/losses anyway. or again if you go to goku's page, hes beat the HSTX5000 or whatever it was, and everyone is fine with it and theres no anger over it.

I just think this would be neat and spark some different types of discussions is all, like battles with prep and such.

Well, this is exactly the reason why we removed comparisons of how verses stack up against each other in the verse descriptions. It is much more controversial to have an entire beloved franchise casually stomped than to have a more reasonable character matchup.

In addition, it is much harder to avoid extreme spite threads for this sort of thing, and the results should usually be extremely apparent without making matchup threads.

And again, all Marvel, DC, and HST fans would start to hate us, since their former two franchises are mostly not anywhere close to the top toers, and the latter three are close to the bottom.

Back