• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This is a god awful idea: Yhwach vs Thanos

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think in a way, insulting a certain fictional character is an indirect way of belittling another's argument, that's just a thought. And why is hax being discussed as an AP?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I don't really see what's so offensive about a minor joke about a character's name or the "ego" part being legit in character for said character; at least not compared to excessive profanity that majority of his fanbase is known for, but apologies regardless.
It's the timing that destroyed your gag pal.

On a heated debate with obvious tension and heat from two sides trying to reach a consensus regardless of the aggresion they each made for their points.

It's not really a good idead to open up with

"lol Yourwhack=Yhwach xD lmao"

Especially when your not even adding any points on your own side and just stating you agree with them.

Its not really helping our current situation.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Agreed, that's a quick way to start a flame war. But he apologized so let's move on.
Agreed as well.So does anyone have a vote tally or is the discussion still ongoing?

Kinda turned into a meme derailment thread; plus, I had a rough day at RL work, so I just needed one joke to humor myself. Though also wanted to bring joy to Matt who wasn't alone kudos my comment.

Still, they're both fictional characters. They have no feelings in the real world. I've even made fun of my own favorite characters before. My actual tone was actually laid back/casual, so everyone settle down and move on.

It's 7-0-1 Before.

Assuming the people who argue for Yhwach (Apple, Yomi, Knight, Frantzy) vote for well, Yhwach, then it's 11-2-1. I think.

If 11-2-1 is the actual score then with utmost respect to the other side,im pretty sure this is grace.

im against adding this immediately cause it might cause confusion with the opposing side

I believe the grace period already started 18 hours ago when the score is 7-0-1.

With Yhwach still leading even when new votes come then grace period from 18 hours ago is still in effect.

Yhwach has a habit of premptively destroying or doing away with things that can be a threat to him post-Almighty and SK absorption. As soon as the match starts Yhwach will have seen more futures than Strange did and realize a few things:

1) Thanos's IG and what it can do, what the 6 Stones are capable of individually.

2) If Thanos snaps, there's a 50/50 chance Yhwach will be erased. So half of the infinite futures have Yhwach living or dying (meaning that Yhwach could just switch to a future where the snap fails if it comes down to it).

3) The IG requires a hand motion to activate.

Based off of these three key points he'll see at the start, Yhwach would just need to switch to a future where Thanos doesn't have the IG on because Yhwach change/wrote a future where the IG was no longer on Thanos, the snap fails, Yhwach cuts/removes Thanos arm similar to what he did to Renji/Aizen or similar to how he premeptively removed Ichibei/Ichigo from fights.

Thanos needing to rely on hand motions to use IG is a big downslide to fights especially against a really Pre-Cog user like Yhwach who gains knowledge with his Pre-Cog.

Plus Thanos needs to act really out of character when utilizing the Stones. The guy uses the Reality Stone about 5 times in the movie, and only was actually directing affecting his opponents and the effects just reveresed afterwards. The Time Stone once to revive Vision, the Space Stone solely for teleportation, the Mind Stone for nothing, the Soul Stone once against Strange (I believe to determine which of Strange was real out of his clones) and the Power Stone like 90% of the time. Yhwach would probably counter Reality and Power Stone with future manipulation due to Almighty showing him what Thanos would be doing with them.

And this is assuming that a full IG Thanos doesn't act like he did against Thor and just do a blast right away.

Yhwach breaks people, arms, and weapons in character from the start of a fight to not get into a "full power" battle with his opponent. Also, a thought is more quicker than Thanos closing his fist to use a stone.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Thanos doesn't need to rely on hand motions, we can see this whenever he uses the Reality Stone which is just through thought alone. He just likes using gestures.
That doesnt mean he wont use hand gestures, if its in character for him to use them, he will.

Also saying that Thanos never uses the Space Stone is a lie. He uses it a lot against Strange, both to float, break free out of the Mirror Dimension, and distort space and create the black hole.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Thanos doesn't need to rely on hand motions, we can see this whenever he uses the Reality Stone which is just through thought alone. He just likes using gestures.
But Yhwach has precog which is another advantage over Thanos. He will know what's real and what's not since unlike KS it doesn't affect the mind of his opponent. And it only works to change the scenery, and the whole he revives himself was vague in the movie. It could had been a fake him.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
He chopped Renji arm, and he is a fodder to him.
Also he broke Ichigo's Bankai the second he pulled it out, so he's no fool like that.

AppleLord said:
But Yhwach has precog which is another advantage over Thanos. He will know what's real and what's not since unlike KS it doesn't affect the mind of his opponent. And it only works to change the scenery, and the whole he revives himself was vague in the movie. It could had been a fake him.
no offence but bold is headcanon

I thought we agreed that the movie is not actually canon; it's an adaptation and we don't consider Dragon Ball Z Kai canon for the same reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back