• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The worst plot armor you have seen in your favorite verses?

Dude they broke his legs, decapitated him and he survives to hit the bad guy on the ground with a very poor explanation or there is no explanation.

Randolph Carter survives endless universes imploding because a god helped him because reasons. He also escapes from a 1-A because.....cats. And escapes a city of giant sasquatches because he can speak zombie.

"Deaths aside"

And Joseph didn't die, he was just on the verge of death but his revival seemed also bit like plot armor lol

Joseph, the guy we literally see his soul going out of his body, didn't die? And taking out death when speaking of plot armour beats the point.

Ionliosite said:
Joseph, the guy we literally see his soul going out of his body, didn't die? And taking out death when speaking of plot armour beats the point.
It doesn't, a character can have good amount of plot armor until death just to make him survive to his ultimate death. Yes he didn't die, because Jotaro had time to restart his heart. And Polnareff during D'Arby fight also had his soul out of his body, and still was alive later.

It doesn't, a character can have good amount of plot armor until death just to make him survive to his ultimate death. Yes he didn't die, because Jotaro had time to restart his heart. And Polnareff during D'Arby fight also had his soul out of his body, and still was alive later.

I don't think you know what plot armour is, and you contradicted yourself on that first half.

If I'm wrong then you can write here the definition of definitive "plot armor". Jotaro also died, yet he had plot armor.

Pls don't dodge my question, I'm still asking for the definitive (or yours, because I'm very sure there's no definitive one) meaning of "plot armor", because I'm pretty sure if a character dies late in the series it doesn't make earlier "plot armor" signs invalid.

I'm not dodging the question, I'm proving you wrong, just because you have twisted ideas you've shown me on many threads mean anything. And yes it does, how could he have died if he had plot armour like he did before? Jotaro lost his plot armour, he wouldn't have died otherwise.

And what makes you think previous characters didn't have plot armor, they might have just lost it, just like you imply with Jotaro. Seems like double standards to me.

>just because you have twisted ideas you've shown me on many threads mean anything.

I never knew that having a different view and opinion than yours means "twisted ideas", sorry :/

I don't see how death itself makes plot armor not a thing. If I run a gauntlet against ten thousand soldiers and kill all 9999 of them, then die in a great battle against the last one, its still plot armor that kept the first one from shooting me down.

If the characters can live, survive and succeed when they should absolutely be beaten, then it's plot armor, even if the victory is pyrrhic.

Luke Skywalker blowing up the Death Star during his first ever flight in an x-wing.

Yeah, yeah, son of the Chosen One, but that wasn't the case until the Prequels. When the movie first came out, it was totally plot armor.

I don't know how can you possibly extrapolate such thing from what I said.

And when did I say they didn't? They very obviously had it before and then lost it, it's especially clear on Avdol's case.

The very first thing you've said:

"Like half of them died tho"

Seems like you have tried to counter my point and tried to say that because they died they didn't have plot armor. If you didn't say that in this context, then idk what was even the point.

Livinmeme said:
harry potter
I think Harry Potter is more of an example of CIS than actual plot armor. People do die and there are no sudden asspulls from what I can remember. Harry doesn't suddenly become the greatest wizard of all time and he literally dies in book 7. The most absurd feat he has is probably killing the Basilisk as a 13 year old.

SpookyShadow said:
The very first thing you've said:

"Like half of them died tho"

Seems like you have tried to counter my point and tried to say that because they died they didn't have plot armor. If you didn't say that in this context, then idk what was even the point.
No, my point all the time has been, they died so they lost their plot armour.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Probably Midoriya going from 0 quirks TO 7 ******* QUIRKS. HOW DID HOSHIKORI RUIN HIS CHARACTER SO BAD
That's not plot armor that's power creep if anything and so far anyway the quirks so far surprisingly aren't THAT impressive being Black Whip and Float and apparently the others aren't that good either.

Ren fighting and surviving against Reinhard...

Naruto winning against Sasuke and all the big bad boys.

Goku being Goku.

Fairy Tail

Dante getting stomped to just come back and stomp the enemy back in the anime

That's not plot armor that's power creep if anything and so far anyway the quirks so far surprisingly aren't THAT impressive being Black Whip and Float and apparently the others aren't that good either.

Regardless, the fact that he has 7 quirks completely goes against everything that the character once was

STC Sonic defeating God Robotnik, STC Super Sonic somehow not killing anyone of the good guys (aside from that fake out in Running Wild) and probably some i'm forgetting

Back