• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The wiki seems to be really inconsistent to me

It seems like each verse is treated differently when it comes to statements and outliers. For example, vague statements in regards to Yhwach in Bleach were enough to promote him, along with Ichigo and Aizen. However, statements in Naruto that imply that characters like Naruto and Toneri (Naruto) are planetary are completely ignored, and they are only Moon level. At the same time, direct, in-story, feats regarding Thanos (Marvel 616) are also ignored. He tanked several attacks from Odin, who is multiversal, but Thanos is only listed as Solar System Level. Yet Endeavor (My Hero Academia) barely clashed with a casual attack from All For One, causing him to be listed as the same tier. Other examples would be Iron Man (MCU) being listed as Large Mountain level for literally just drawing a single drop of blood from Thanos. A statement regarding Yusuke (Yu Yu Hakusho) being able to destroy Japan made him Continent Level for some reason, while the Millenium Earl (D.Gray-Man) actually leveling Japan is only City Level. Can someone explain why none of these decisions are consistent with each other.

I think we could be more consistent between verses.

The solution? Create a page on outliers and hash-out what qualifies as an outlier and what can be counted. If we create clear and consistent rules on outliers, they can be applied more or less equally across the verses. It's never going to be perfectly consistent, since we are too big of a community for a perfect consensus.

Well, some characters and verses should have different standards. Some characters may only have a handful of showings, so them having one or two feats on one level are fine for scaling when a character with countless appearances needs more evidence for scaling. Honestly I think Thanos had a good shot at get upgraded before Skyfathers were upgraded. Seems more difficult to scale him there now.

Cause it's different people doing these calcs and basically in cotrol per verse.
See, this seems to be a common misconception that a lot of people have. I've seen many pople think that everything on the wiki are controlled by a single group, when that isn't the case. Many different verses are handled by different people with different views and opinions. Which is why some verses aren't as high quality as other verses. Not only that, but many verses have cosmologies that may structure or work differently than others

I think we could be more consistent between verses.

The solution? Create a page on outliers and hash-out what qualifies as an outlier and what can be counted. If we create clear and consistent rules on outliers, they can be applied more or less equally across the verses. It's never going to be perfectly consistent, since we are too big of a community for a perfect consensus.
I think we already have that

It doesn't cover every outlier ever but it gives a general idea of what it is.

Really I feel it all comes down to context

Last edited:
See, this seems to be a common misconception that a lot of people have. I've seen many people think that everything on the wiki are controlled by a single group, when that isn't the case. Many different verses are handled by different people with different views and opinions. Which is why some verses aren't as high quality as other verses. Not only that, but many verses have cosmologies that may structure or work differently than others
This basically. It really just depends on which members are regularly contributing to which verses. With how many vastly different verses are on the wiki, with that number increasing all the time, it's next to impossible for a small group to police it all. Some verses don't even have active members to maintain them anymore.

Yeah, from what I've seen, things are decided on a case-by-case basis. ngl, some stuff does appear inconsistent because of that.

It almost makes you wonder what the wiki pages would look like if everything was judged the exact same way...

Outlier is subjective anyway. Just look at the recent DB Roshi upgrade. It was outlier at first, then it was not. Even then, some people including staff still think it is outlier, but outvoted.

There are many other example,but meh.

All power scaling is subjective and not all of the same people will participate on the same verses, many different verses have varied people who have different viewpoints for power scaling

Like I will participate in all things Fairy Tail, but will completely ignore verses like Marvel and the MCU

The biggest issue is that some outsiders see the site and profiles as something everyone agrees on, when anyone who’s been on the inside for only a fraction would understand that statistics are always changing and that people are always disagreeing on what characters would be rated as

Every Verse has its own community of people who handle the statistics

Yea as Demon said, each verse has different people who handle them, so when some people outside say stuff like we wank or downplay this or that series, a lot of the people aren't even involved in those.

Like you won't see me near any HST or Dragon ball revisions, i only do LN's and VN's, but i have seen people assume that all staff somehow are responsible for those ratings, which is just wrong.

Even within staff, many might not agree with their ratings, and are either outvoted by others, or just don't care to argue against them, i personally just don't care in general due to the repetitive nature of those debates.

Popularity also brings scrutiny, so more popular series probably do have a hard time getting by with similar feats, than lesser known series. Like if i made an obscure LN verse, nobody besides me would care what their ratings are unless they are like tier 1, but if you want to argue Goku is 2-C at the beginning of Super or that Momoshiki or Kaguya are Low 2-C, better believe a lot of people are gonna have a problem with that.

Basically what everyone's said above. Different verses will have different standards and context for their feats so a similar feat will inevitably have differing reception by the community.

That and the fact that statistics aren't an constant thing and they change constantly. Bleach for instance is most likely losing Tier 3 and 2 what with the ongoing downgrade.

Back