• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The VS Wiki Grail Royale Part 2

[Wait, doesn't he not need to enter your sword's range in the first place? You need to be in very close range while he can be a few meters away. (Range 1-2 vs range 2-4)]

[Which was why I jumped at him while he was charging up Gae Bolg]

[Y'all forget I have Instincts too, I'd know what I need to do before he does it]

[And he has eyes of mind, he knows what the best thing to do is, and how to execute on it. And the best thing to do for a spearman fighting a swordsman is very clearly not letting the enemy get into effective sword range. Also, he's faster than you, so there's that too, if it makes a difference.]

[Instinct and Eyes of Mind would cancel each other out though]

[And I jumped at him with A++ strength to push off the ground]

[Even if I can't react and fight at the same speed as he can, pushing off with that much strength would cause me to travel very fast]

[I'm wondering if there's any other complaints with me and Redgrave's battle or if we agree that I survive, he doesn't]

[Didn't realize people were waiting on me. This is a tough call, but here goes.]

Saber launches himself into Lancer, and their weapons glow as they both release their Noble Phantasm.

Gae Bolg strikes first, but misses Saber's vitals due to his high luck stat. In the next instant, Lancer's throat is sliced by Crocea Mors, and a large cloud of dust and debris is kicked up during their clash. Saber is sent flying back into a nearby building.

The dust settles to reveal Lancer holding his neck. He was undoubtedly faster; his spear struck first. But somehow, it was as if his opponent's strike was guided by fate to hit him. The wound was deep, but it just barely managed to miss his jugular by less than a millimeter. If Gae Bolg had struck just a fragment of a second later, he'd surely have been decapitated. Both servants are gravely injured, but they're alive.

[I decided that Lancer's superior agility enabled him to slightly win out here. Basically, when Saber was struck by Gae Bolg, it pushed him back just slightly out of jugular range, so that he still got the hit, but it wasn't the kill-shot he was aiming for. Ironically, if Monarch had passed even his first Luck check, the consecutive hits from Crocea Mors would've finished the job.]

[From what I understand, unless he was actively running magic through that part of his neck at the time, that hit won't have ****** his magic circuits. Although the wound will have been "bound", technically having already been healed (just really really badly), so he won't be able to heal it. Like if you set a broken bone so it heals wrong. There's probably a really really ugly scar on his neck right now that's blocking bloodflow and shit]

TISSG7Redgrave said:
[what did i miss?
["Gae Bolg strikes first, but misses Saber's vitals due to his high luck stat. In the next instant, Lancer's throat is sliced by Crocea Mors, and a large cloud of dust and debris is kicked up during their clash. Saber is sent flying back into a nearby building.

The dust settles to reveal Lancer holding his neck. He was undoubtedly faster; his spear struck first. But somehow, it was as if his opponent's strike was guided by fate to hit him. The wound was deep, but it just barely managed to miss his jugular by less than a millimeter. If Gae Bolg had struck just a fragment of a second later, he'd surely have been decapitated. Both servants are gravely injured, but they're alive."]

Suddenly, a loud crash can be heard coming from the very center of the map. Upon first inspection, perhaps a meteor has landed in the middle of the battlefield, but no. Dust and smoke clear, revealing that a new servant has entered the fray.

[Ruler: Adam El Asem

Noble Phantasms: Bab-ilu, Fragarach, Golem Keter Malkuth, Sha Nagba Imuru

Personal Skills: Honor of Pirates (B), Conceptual Improvement (A+), Evil Eye Of The Abyss (C), Eye of the Mind (Psuedo) (A), Knowledge of Melees (B)

Class Skills: God's Resolution (Royale) (A), True Name Discernment (B), Magic Resistance (A), Mad Enhancement (EX)

Parameter: (Before Mad Enhancement) A Strength, A Endurance, B Agility, C Mana, D Luck, EX NP

Appearence: Resembles a 10 ft tall, golden mix of Soul of Cinder and Berserker (Fate/Zero), constantly emits what appears to be red steam from within his armor, although the steam doesn't last very long.

Original Skill Explanations:

Eye of the Mind (Pseudo): Gives limited knowledge of what those in a 50 m area perceive by any means, even through their own Eye of the Mind

God's Resolution (Royale): Class Skill of the Ruler presiding over the Grail Royale. Grants a single self-replenishing Command Spell that can only be used on the user themselves. This special command spell cannot be activated manually by the user, and will only activate on its own in accordance with pursuing an end to the Grail Royale. At Adam El Asem's A Rank, If the user is killed, incapacitated, or removed from the battlefield before at least one Servant has been sent to the Grail following his summon, the command spell will self-activate, resurrect Ruler if necessary, then return him to the battlefield in peak condition, at which point the seal is automatically replenished. Once a Servant has been subsequently sent to the Grail, the command spell will vanish and can no longer be used. (Though if the war continues to stagnate even after Ruler leaves, a new Ruler will be summoned cyclically until the war finishes.)]

In response to the lowd bang, the black rider dilates time and rushes forward to investigate. Approaching the crater, I realise it is a servant, and remove my hood, activating Appearence of Doom.

[How big is the crater?]

Using Sha Nagba Imuru, i see that someone near me is using some kind of "death on sight" skill, and i direct my gaze away from them

[hopefully this is good]

[Crickets chrip aggressively]

I use Bab-ilu to pull a longsword out of a golden portal and, using Evil Eye of the Abyss to put them off guard, charge them, in a manner that their Castle Monster won't kill me, aiming for the neck

[great omniscient resurrecting ruler is actually fighting]

[oh wait nvm there's already been two servants sent to the grail. No resurrection]

Back