• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The VS Wiki First Holy Grail War (Season 2)

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
The sequel to season 1

Last time on The VS Wiki First Holy Grail War

10 Servants were summoned to New York City by masters. These servants were Berserker, Lancer, Saber, Rider, Caster, Archer, Assassin and the irregular classes Avenger, Saver, and Ruler

Of all servants to participate in the war Berserker was summoned first, and he and his master went on a killing spree. Ruler, who had been summoned prior, who's only goal was to protect the santity and secrecy of the war, was forced to intervere, utilising his own Noble Phantasm to drive the Berserker to suicide before cutting off the Master's arm and taking his command seals.

After a few hours, the rest of the servants had all arrived. Archer made an alliance with Saber. Saber noticed she was being spied on by Assassin's two bodies and attacked. Archer arrived to help, and Caster arrived moments later, intent on joining the alliance. With the three of them, the first body was quickly killed, but the second activated his Noble Phantasm and transformed into a powerful demon, managing to take down one of Caster's 12 God Hand lives before also dying. Saber collapsed from mana overuse and was taken to her master's (coincidently named Shirou) apartment by the other servants. Now, Caster is setting up a bounded field around the apartment, marking it as his territory, and is planning on outfitting his allies with enchanted items to buff their abilities.

Meanwhile, Assassin's other bodies have made an alliance with Rider, and later, with Saver. Saver's ability to re-write the "plot" of other beings to strengthen or weaken them will be an invaluable tool. But will they trust him enough to let him write about them, knowing that a single unseen piece of foreshadowing could spell their doom?

Either way, the two main powers in the War had been created, who I name Factions of Red (Saber, Archer, Caster) and Black (Saver, Rider, Assassin).

After being summoned, Avenger has been running around wildly, always arriving just slightly too late to meet with other servans. Although Assassin was going to make an alliance with Avenger, he was forced to cancel the body speaking to Avenger in order to become strong enough to fight with Caster, Archer and Saber all at once, so Avenger is still un-allied.

Meanwhile, Ruler had been using his ability to slowly but surely re-write his own "plot" and change his Noble Phantasm. This process took a long time, and there was a close call when Saber met him, but he managed to rewrite his God-Hand ability into Enfer Chateau D'lf, and completed all 9 chapters of his manuscript in a single go, using up 4 command seals in the process. However, he could not activate all 9 chapters and completely rewrite himself yet without alerting the non-magic civilians in New York, so he began making his way to the tunnels of Upper West Side, where he could activate his ability without risking the War's secrecy. On his way through Central Park, he was confronted by Lancer as night fell. Lancer wanted a fight, but Ruler, who could see Lancer preparing an EX ranked attack knew he could not win in a one-on-one battle and, unwilling to risk death and loss of his manuscript, Ruler used one of his command seals to freeze Lancer in place, before activating his complete manuscript, gaining himself 4 new Noble Phantasms in the process. What happens next? Find out now, on this thread!

Rules

(Everyone playing already knows the rules, so I will just copy and paste them into this thread on my wall where questions can also be asked. for any late comers)

Servants and Statuses at the end of Season One

Saber:
OwariNepgear

NPs are Vijnaptimatrata and Song of Grail (all variations excluding Black Grail)

Class Skills are Magic Resistance and Riding

Personal Skill is Connection to the Root

Statistics: Strength C, Agility A, Endurance B, Mana A, Luck A, NP EX

Current Status: About to attack Saver and Rider in a near-suicidal action.

Current Allies: Caster and Archer

Location at the end of Season One: Shirou's Apartment (near Times Square)

Lancer: TISSG7Redgrave

NPs are Gae Bolg and Ea

Class Skill is Magic Resistance

Personal Skill is Battle Continuatio

Statistics: Strength B, Agility A+, Endurance B, Mana B, Luck D, NP B+ (EX with Ea)

Current Status: On his way to ESB to talk to Ruler, unknowing that Ruler is already with the others

Current Allies: None

Location at the end of Season One: Making his way back to Broadway

Rider: Ramesses the Sun King

NPs are Troias Tragodia and Ramesseum Tentyris

Class Skills are Magic Resistance and Riding

Personal Skill is Imperial Privilege

Statistics: Strength C, Agility A+, Endurance B, Mana A, Luck A, NP EX

Current Status: About to unleash Ramesses Tentyris [but went to do a test IRL]

Current Allies: Assassin and Saver

Location at the end of Season One: Unknown, last seen flying away from the Church of Saint Luke in the Fields

Caster: Blahblah9755

NPs are God Hand and Uomo Universal

Class Skills are Item Creation and Territory Creation

Personal Skill is Pioneer of the Stars

Statistics: Strength E, Agility C, Endurance B, Mana A+, Luck B+, NP EX

Current Status: Got swept up in Saber's almost undoubtedly-suicidal planned attack on Saver.

Current Allies: Saber and Archer

Archer: ScarletFirefly

NPs are System Keraunos and For Someone's Glory

Class Skills are Magic Resistance and Independent Actio

Personal Skill is Galvanism

Statistics: Strength C, Agility B, Endurance B, Mana A, Luck B, NP EX

Current Status: Got swept up in Saber's almost undoubtedly-suicidal planned attack on Saver.

Current Allies: Caster and Saber

Saver: LlamaGod1411

Original NPs are Kavacha and Kundala and A Story Just for You

Current NPs are:
Kavacha and Kundala, Enfer Chateua D'lf and A Story Just for You

Class Skills are Charisma and Counter Hero

Personal Skill is Human Observatio

Statistics: Strength EX, Agility EX, Endurance EX, Mana EX+, Luck A++, NP ?

Current Status: Was about to speedblitz Archer, Caster and Saber from beyond space-time, but distracted by Ruler

Current Allies: Rider

Location at the end of Season One: Washington Heights

Assassin: Fabtastic Glasses

NPs are From Hell and Natural Born Killers

Class Skill is Presence Concealment

Personal Skill is Murderer of the Misty Night

Statistics: Strength B, Agility A, Endurance B, Mana C, Luck B, NP N/A

Current Status: Killed in his master's failed magical experiment

Current Allies: None (deceased)

Avenger: Hizack123

NPs are Enfer Chateua D'lf and God Force

Class Skills are Avenger, Oblivion Correctio, and Self Replenishment

Personal Skill is Determination of Steel

Statistics: Strength B, Agility C (EX with ECD), Endurance B, Mana B, Luck ?, NP A

Current Status: Getting the heck outta dodge after Ruler distracted Saver from pursuing him through space-time

Current Allies: None

Location at the end of Season One: East Village

Ruler: Monarch Laciel

Original NPs are: A Story Just for You and
God Hand

Current NPs are: {Enfer Chateua D'lf}, {Sha Nagba Imuru}, {The Twin Blessings of the Olympians}, {Gram: The Sword of the Su}, {Ars Paulina: The Golden Collosseum within the Nameless Forest of Impalement }

Class Skills are Magic Resistance, True Name Discernment, Self-Replenishment (Mana), and God's Resolutio, Territory Creation

Personal skills are is Eyes of the Mind (False) (A+ Rank), Demonic Defender of the State (EX Rank), and Charisma (C Rank)

Statistics: Strength C, Agility C (EX with ECD), Endurance A, Mana EX, Luck A++, NP ?(EX)

Current Status: Trying to provoke Saver into attacking him

Current Allies: Lancer (sorta)

Location at the end of Season One: Empire State Building Top Floor (beyond Space-Time)

Let Season 2 begin!

After gaining TTBB I immediately proceed to try and contact Rider with the information that a Servant is at Central Park and three servants(Saber+Caster+Unknown) seem to have gone into the same building after Saber fainted.

LlamaGod1411 said:
[OP drones pls. I redirected a drone from Washington towers towards you, you didn't do anything. 4/10 drones destroyed, I know the location of 3, I don't remember where the other 3 are]
[Didn't I destroy one of your drones though?]

• Feeling like the night is still dangerous i silently keep my weapons active charging energy faintly into Gae while Ea won't charge too much to make sure I don't gain attention after that last fiasco*

I gaze down upon the city and its possible futures with SNI from my resting place beyond space-time. Rider appears to be trying to hunt me down. I laugh. Good luck. Then I realise he has Saver on his side, and Saver also has TTBB and ASJFY. This is worrisome.

Pulling out my Manuscript, I decide I need to have a second ascension. It's quite difficult keeping TTBB up all the time, and although I can't stop Saver from writing himself or his new allies some new Noble Phantasms, I still need to protect myself. Some new abilities will help with that.

I write chapter 1

"I sit beyond space time, in a world all of my own. I am immortal, invincible. I am all that exists in this world of my own, separated from time and space, and as I am immortal, nothing within this world can die.

I 'stand', as much as anything can be said to stand in a place that transcends time and 3-D space, and prepare. Focusing on my mana circuits, I try to 'open' them further"

Chapter 2 is written. I activate Berserker's last command seal, and replensish my A+ magic reserves.

Chapter 3 and 4 are written. I don't wish to use another command seal so I return to normal space-time atop the empire state building. And there, I wait, watching the motions of the servants below like an omniscient omnipotent star

"Well I want to jump around from building to building to get some exercise maybe i'll stop by the empire state building" *looks up the sky* "That ruler guy seems interesting when I see him I'll ask him for drinks instead of bashing my head forth" *Jumps on rooftop buildings to go to the empire state building*

I sense a servant coming close. SNI tells me it is Lancer Redgrave again. Didn't he learn from last time? I summon Gram to my hand. The Demonic Blade, an A++ rank anti-fortress Noble Phantasm, equal only to Excalibur, the demonic to its holy.

I prepare TTBB once more. Despite lacking most of my mana, I can still still use it for long enough to speed blitz Lancer should he be hostile.

• Notices the energy is preparing to attack him* "Don't attack not here to fight promise I just happened to find you here and well just wanna talk for fun if that's fine I swear" *Waving my hands in the air to tell Ruler he didn't come to fight*

SNI says he isn't lying, but warns me to be on my guard anyway. I dismiss Gram, letting it fade back to where ever NPs go when they are not in the wielder's hand, but don't release TTBB. Not fully at least. I can still move faster than him should I activate it, but I won't have completely escaped space-time. I won't be immeasurable. The mana cost will be slightly lower that way.

I notice that TTBB drains a lot of mana.

"I need to find a way around this" I think. I go to a secluded and shady part of the town, see a bar there and go in. I find around 8 people drunk off their asses. With my power of Human Observation, I see that these 8 people seem to be nothing but hardened criminals. I stand there for a moment, observing the surroundings, looking for things that can be used as a weapon.

I go up to the bartender and tell him to get me the finest drink he had. I notice the drunkards eyeing me and looking at each other as if to pass a secret signal. The moment my drink touched my lips, all of them charged towards me. I immediately smash my glass onto the table. The moment one of the attackers{Soon to be Victims} came in a 2ft radius, I took the broken glass, and made my move. I noticed the first person to reach me trying to throw a punch at my face. "Hmmm weak, I think", and lean backward while driving the broken glass upward with enough force that I struck a vital organ. Noticing this, the other drunkards seemed to slow down a bit(Already were pitifully slow as drunks). I got up from my seat, turned around towards the door(I was surrounded), and raised my eyebrows at people charging towards me slowly. I made quick work, killing seven of them and leaving one unconscious, leaving the broken glass, the murder weapon in his hand. I took in all their Mana, only leaving one person alive.

I was about to leave but stopped and turned around towards the Bartender who was hiding under the counter. I lifted him up by his throat and threatened him in a Menacing voice

"Dial the Police right now, you are to tell them that -Points towards Mr.Unconscious- he went mad and killed everyone in the bar. When he had his back turned to you, you managed to get him with a lucky hit and knock him unconscious. You are not to mention a single word about me, understood? " and I drop him onto the ground.

I now have enough Mana to complete four chapters using TTBB.

[Ruler, I take you up on your offer to give me Saver command seals. Much appreciated]

"Yo I see you got what you wanted…and i would recommend keeping guard up but not to me just in case other people come after you. Btw once it hits daylight wanna hangout Central Square my treat" *I offered Ruler this as a gesture for showing me something fascinating* "Also i promised they aren't poison or at least i don't want to poison ya but you never know if they serve bad food or drinks"

"Then i be going master." i said as i walking central park.

"Bored" am not find anyone to watch or Fight with

Ôû¬sighÔû¬ "maybe i should just kill myself and get this over with."

[Along with mana I've absorbed, I get 4, right? Because I can write 2 with my own/master's mana after which I get tired.

What I'm saying is I get 2 more from the manga I've absorbed? Doesn't seem too farfetched tbh]

[Due to various IRL reasons. I'm gonna withdraw because it seems i can't participate any longer since im not even sure whether i can spend time here. So i'm just gonna eliminate myself]

I contacted Rider and relay all the information that i got after fighting the 3 Servants to Rider. I told him to pay extra attention to Saber's sword. It's likely that the effect doesn't come from the sword, but the wielder herself, but i advice him to still avoid going CQC against her. I also told him about the grail thingy stuff that she can use. Also the apparently Caster dude who can fly around and shoot lightning bolt, and the apparently Archer dude who won't die even if hes killed.

After telling him that. I bid him farewell and canceled the body. Now there's only 2 of me right beside my masta. Hes apparently experimenting on some form of Magecraft that i don't understand about. When suddenly, the magic circle glows brighter and brighter, and it explodes. Devouring me and my masta in the process

With the last of my power left, Assassin utter his last words

Me : ....... Dude

Masta : ....... Yes ?

Me : For ****'s sake

And then there's nothing.

"I whistle to summon my chariot and I find him immediately"

[GPS on Point]

What do you want, Rider? I ask. Do you have any information to tell?

Using drones, I've observed the following :

• A Servant is at Central Park
  • Three servants(Saber+Caster+Unknown) seem to have gone into the same building after Saber fainted.

[Murder mystery eh Enuma Elish should do the trick :p also @Monarch you haven't responded to my character message earlier in the thread just to fyi]

TISSG7Redgrave said:
"Yo I see you got what you wanted…and i would recommend keeping guard up but not to me just in case other people come after you. Btw once it hits daylight wanna hangout Central Square my treat" *I offered Ruler this as a gesture for showing me something fascinating* "Also i promised they aren't poison or at least i don't want to poison ya but you never know if they serve bad food or drinks"
I laugh. As if SNI would not let me see any poison he tried to use. However, I do wish to sample the delicacies of this new world, which I haven't had a chance yet to try. So I accept his offer. Come morning I shall accompany him to Central Square for breakfast. By that point my mana should be almost fully recharged.

• stomach grumbles*

I feel two command seals on my arm go still and look at which ones. Assassins. I wonder how he died, as SNI sensed no battle. I attune it further, and see...

Oh

What an ignomious end to a servant.

Well, at least now I can use these two Seals as mana without risking being unable to control Assassin. A pity about his master's seals though. They were devoured in the explosion

[Sorry to see you leave Fab. You made me laugh more than a few times]

"Hehe even a ruler can have a grumbling stomach. Then its a deal then Ruler we'll meet there for breakfast also btw how long it is till daylight cause i got no watch"

[Fab your trolling assassination skills will be missed]

After locating Saver and meeting up with him using my chariot I tell him the new information I have gotten.

- " It seems that Assassin is no more. It is truly unfortunate since he was very useful, but let's not dwell on that I have a worry about the so called "artriter of the holy grail war.

- " Currently Ruler has made no moves what so ever and has not even made an appearance when he is supposed to make his appearance public , I suspect that he might have an noble phantasm that powers up over time which he is going to use to kill us all in order to take the grail for himself. Normally Rulers don't have an desire for the grail but there is always an exception to a rule. Here is my proposal, we will find him and eliminate him. But in order to formulate a plan I will need you to give me information about your noble phantasms In return I will give you information about mine.

"Hey Redgrave"

"yeah man?"

"I'm not about to kill you"

I activate TTBB, alarming Redgrave, but I manage to get the ability off without him stabbing me. Not that it would work SNI tells me, Gae Bolg is only B rank and not enough to get through God Hand.

Outside of space-time, I write 4 more chapters, burning both of my Assassin Seals to maintain TTBB, before returning to space-time a few seconds after I left, 15 metres away from Lancer so he doesn't immediately turn and stab me when I reappear.

Just one more chapter, and I can gain myself some new powers. Excellent. I'll need to wait a few hours though, my mana is almost completely depleted. I'm not willing to use my remaining command seals, 1 Lancer, 2 Saber, 2 Rider, 2 Avenger, 2 Caster, 2 archer and 2 Ruler seals.

"Dude what was that for? You scared me a bit lol. I thought you wanted to end me but luckily i'm a slightly good listener" *As he goes to Ruler's location* "So what did you do exactly?"

It truly is unfortunate that Assassin is no more. We have lost a valuable Ally.

Interesting Proposal, Rider. What if this is all a trap? What if the ruler wants us to hunt him down?

As for the Noble Phantasms, I'd like for you to tell me yours first. I trust you and all, but hey, can't blame me for being a paranoid bastard. I've already given you the locations of four servants, so it honestly is your turn to provide me some information.

Just a small hint, with my NPs, I probably am the best support servant in this War.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
"Dude what was that for? You scared me a bit lol. I thought you wanted to end me but luckily i'm a slightly good listener" *As he goes to Ruler's location* "So what did you do exactly?"
"Nothing much. I just thought I saw something from that direction, and warped over to investigate"

'Internal Monologue: As if I would tell a servant who had tried to kill me just last night what my abilities are or what they can do. As far as he can see, that ability is just teleportation'

"Hmmm well i would have thought you would walk but meh it's convenient"

Internal Monologue: He may have done something because he doesn't want me to know so easily though can't blame him i DID try to murder him and nearly succeed which if i did i may not have someone to talk casually like this in this war besides my master she must be annoyed i haven't gone back lol

I agree to Savers terms.

- " Very well, I shall tell you so listen carefully. My first noble phantasm is my chariot Troias Tragōidia: Tempestuous Immortal Chariot, it's a chariot driven by 2 divine horses. It boasts extraordinary divine speed that lets me overtake anything in the world and lets me fly. Its speed is not the only impressive thing, the damage it can deal is proportional to its increase in speed. It can be likened to a giant weaponized galloping lawnmower or a shooting star at its highest speed.

- " My second noble phantasm is Ramesseum Tentyris: The Shining Great Temple Complex. Its a reality marble like noble phantasm, however I do not wish to tell you all of its functions, but know this it posses enough firepower to incinerate a city in one shot and to summon a legion of phantasmal beats each comparable to servants.

I woke up. Where... am i? Is this Throne of Heroes? Am i dead? Guess so, though. I fainted during a fight. What a shameful death for a powerful class like this, while there should be someone wanted a Saber instead of a disobedient Archer. But...

- Throne of Heroes surely got downgraded recently... It looks like a cramped apartment right now...

- Sorry for having a cramped apartment.

I instantly got up and get to my defensive stance. However, it's just Shirou here. Guess i'm still alive, somehow. I asked him about the detail. He tell me to lie down and start explaining. I was out cold for a whole day. It seems Caster and Archer saved me, I'm in their debt now, have to pay it later. They also told him about this war and about me. For now, they left to their place already. After his explanation, he asks:

- Have you gotten better? What happened?

- It's my NP - Song of Grail. Just an average mana shortage, you don't have to worry. I'll get to my shape after some rest.

- I... saw your fight.

- Ah, that's good. You asked me how could a girl like me fight, right? That's how i fight.

- Indeed, you're amazing. Like an Angel of Death with a bloody katana who will destroy every life with just a swing. But... why do you have to fight? What is your wish to that grail?

- Nah, i have no wish. I just want to fight strong opponents, that's all.

- Just... that? What if you get killed by a stronger opponent?

- Nah, i will win no matter what. I'll just kill them before getting killed.

- BUT THEY ARE VERY STRONG! WHERE IS THAT CONFIDENT FROM?

- With my Song of Grail here, i'm invincible! I won't lose to any other Servant, you don't have to worry!

- So... it's all because that Song of Grail, right...? Caster told me... those marks on my arm... can give you absolute command, right?

- Yeah, so?

He pointed his arm with CS to me, the CS glow with red light. And, with a calm but determined tone, he say:

- By my first Command Spell, i command you, servant Saber! From now on, i forbid you from using your Song of Grail without my permisson! Also, by my second Command Spell, i forbid you from searching opponents or challenging them on your own!

I don't know what to say anymore. He used 2 of his precious CSs... to weaken me? I angrily grab his neck. This is the first time i get so mad like this. But, somehow, he can easily push me away. He stand up and say while leaving the room:

- Right now, you're so weak that even an ordinary human like me can push you down. Take your time and rest to replenish your mana all you want.

With that, he get out. He just... destroyed my life. Without fighting strong opponent, who, or what, am i...?

[Bascially, i nerfed myself because reasons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). In case you guys get the wrong idea, Shirou forbid Saber from fighting ALONE, not from fighting completely, but Saber is misunderstanding that command]

Ramesses the Sun King said:
- " Currently Ruler has made no moves what so ever and has not even made an appearance when he is supposed to make his appearance public , I suspect that he might have an noble phantasm that powers up over time which he is going to use to kill us all in order to take the grail for himself. Normally Rulers don't have an desire for the grail but there is always an exception to a rule. Here is my proposal, we will find him and eliminate him. But in order to formulate a plan I will need you to give me information about your noble phantasms In return I will give you information about mine.
SNI is telling me something. A possible threat, and a possible way to cut the threat off at its root.

"Excuse me Redgrave". I walk around to the side of the building, leaving him at the balcony

Quickly, I press my hand to the Rider and Saver seals on my arm, telepathically speaking to them both.

"Greetings all Servants" I say. "This is Ruler speaking. I have been silent so far this war due to recovering from my injuries. You may have noticed that Berserker has yet to be summoned. In truth, he already was, and his master was a sociopath. They went on a killing spree and I was forced to stop them. However, during the battle I was injured. For the last few days I have been healing slowly, and was unable to make an appearance as I should have. But I am at last recovered, and ready to continue my role as supervisor in this war"

The words come to me easily, thanks to SNI. A bit of lies mixed in with the truth. The best form of deception.

I go on to list the actions that would threaten the Grail War's secrecy, including serial killings, property destruction, magical acts anywhere there could be witnesses, and attacking the Ruler, among other things. Then I release the telepathy and turn to walk back to Redgrave.

Interesting Noble Phantasms, Rider. I think you and I will be the perfect allies. My noble phantasms seem to compliment yours in a way.

My first Noble Phantasm...is something called "A Story Just For You". A mere C-rank noble phantasm that can elevate me to the status of a God if I ever wished so. I can grant you any ability you desire through this, as long as I'm willing to and I have enough mana. Want an Ex-Rank Phantasm? I can provide you with one. Want an Ex-Rank Skill? I'm your man.

My second one...is a little complex. It is called "Tyger Tyger Burning Bright" not much to talk about it other than if I activate it, I am fast enough to stick a dagger into any Servant before they can even see me.

Another Noble Phantasm of mine, is (probably) one called Kavacha & Kundala. Forged by the gods themselves, this particular Phantasm is probably the greatest defense ever known to the world.

[Oi Monarch, you have no saver seals on you lol]

And Rider, I have a request to make of you. In any case if I'm ever in dire need of Mana, will you provide it to me?

I accept your terms and I will share my mana with you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) through your noble phantasm of course on one condition. You will give me the following: Nine lives, Dromeus Kometes and Enuma Elish(Enkidu). In return I will give you the grail if I win on one condition, you will let my master wish for something.

I telepathically tell my master - " I apologize master, if this deal comes in effect you probably will have a lot of trouble moving during the rest of the war due to the extra mana usage.

- " Never mind that, are you sure you want to give up your wish for mine? - She replies with slight sadness in her voice

- " Of course since my wish has already been granted.

Back