• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Minor overlook; All Chouju should also have resistance to Spatial Manipulation. Similar in reasoning to why Ace got his, Chouju have canonically been acknowledged as Yapool's creations and have all been sent from his dimension, where space is pretty much in a perpetually incoherent state.

I also remember thinking of another thing to add to the terminology section but I forgot what it was specifically.

Going through Z's official page, also went through Taiga's, and am now at Metsuboros' section. Should we consider the particle beams that KJSC and in turn, Metsuboros has, to be genuine general principle particle beams? Because if we do, it would warrant some big boy upgrades to the verse with the addition of Atomic Deconstruction Resistance.

On similarly relevant notes, I can't believe how much info is actually in them. I swear I've looked through them before but only now can I find some real good stuffs. Majappa has semi-passive Paralysis Inducement and Illusion Creation via Fragrance Manipulation since we know he can spread his odor without having to actively spout from the snout. And of course, Pagos with his new Molecular Deconstruction stuff. And Atomic Deconstruction for the aforementioned KJSC and Metsuboros. Possibly Gilvallis because he's a component that allowed the particle cannon for Metsu in the first place.

In short, if we want monster profiles, we really shoulda done it a while back because these are surprisingly good hauls.

Cosmo Beast Fighters

Character profile:

A Young, Red Fighter: Ultraman Regulos (Early Style)

Ultraman Regulos in his younger days.
Height: 52 meters
Weight: 47,000 tons

An Ultraman who ended up on Planet D60 close-to-death. He has no memories save his name, Regulos

He’s scouted by Master Alude who takes him into the Cosmo Beast Style martial art.
He trains alongside his fellow disciples
So it’s revealed that Regulos isn’t a native of D-60 and just happens to be stranded there.

September Episode Listing
Episode 8
Scriptwriter: Naoki Hisaya
Director: Koichi Sakamoto
Appearing enemies: Sphere Megalothor, Carmeara
Ultraman lineup: Flash Type Decker, Miracle Type Decker, Multi Type Trigger, Glitter Trigger Eternity

Episode 9
Scriptwriter: Satsuki Aya
Appearing enemies: Gregore, Red King & Sphere Red King
Ultraman lineup: Flash Type Decker, Strong Type Decker, Windom

Episode 10
Scriptwriter: Nemoto Toshizo
Director: Ochi Yasushi
Appearing enemies: Neo Megas, King Guesra
Ultraman lineup: Flash Type Decker, Strong Type Decker

Episode 11
Scriptwriter: Ashiki Junichiro
Appearing enemies: Lai Basser, Young Basser, Gazort
Our faction: Flash Type Decker, Miracle Type Decker, Terraphaser

Edit: Oh right also Ultraman Regulos PV

Last edited:
Damn, we getting more 3-in-a-row director seating. Also, because I keep forgetting, is Yasushi that same guest director we've been getting since Z? If so, that's pretty early for him to get a spotlight. On a more negative note, a bit worrying because it feels like they've been having less available directors, which I really hope isn't the case.

Glad that Regulos' spin-off is once again a solo focus basically. Another UGF main story woulda been nice, but if it goed similarly as TDC's run, we'll be extremely limited in what we can see.

奥特曼是高维生物,巨大化变身的本质是从高次元本体到低次元投影。美菲通过贝塔巨大化可以造访六次元,光之国是高次元维度。

Btw can you give me link to the place where you find stuff about shin ultraman being higher dimensional being

奥特曼是高维生物,巨大化变身的本质是从高次元本体到低次元投影。美菲通过贝塔巨大化可以造访六次元,光之国是高次元维度。

Btw can you give me link to the place where you find stuff about shin ultraman being higher dimensional being

September Episode Listing
Episode 8
Scriptwriter: Naoki Hisaya
Appearing enemies: Sphere Megalothor, Carmeara
Ultraman lineup: Flash Type Decker, Miracle Type Decker, Multi Type Trigger, Glitter Trigger Eternity

Episode 9
Scriptwriter: Satsuki Aya
Appearing enemies: Gregore, Red King & Sphere Red King
Ultraman lineup: Flash Type Decker, Strong Type Decker, Windom

Episode 10
Scriptwriter: Nemoto Toshizo
Appearing enemies: Neo Megas, King Guesra
Ultraman lineup: Flash Type Decker, Strong Type Decker

Episode 11
Scriptwriter: Ashiki Junichiro
Appearing enemies: Lai Basser, Young Basser, Gazort
Our faction: Flash Type Decker, Miracle Type Decker, Terraphaser
So Neo Megas and Bassers are going to be a brand new monsters?
Also interesting, Terraphaser/Terrafacer started as an ally first for eps 11, there's something really bad that make Terraphaser become a mid-series boss.....finally TPU have a major role?

Oh right some more thing for episode 8 that I forgot to post
Gijera is also set to appear in the Megalothor two parter

Gijera's shape is like Kengo's R'lyeh, its pollen causes people to fall into a dream and enter a trance of joy.
It is said that in ultra ancient times, some people used Gijera's pollen as medicine.
10 years ago, during the process of Carmeara's transformation into Megalothor, her body accidentally absorbed the fossilized seed of Gijera, and because of the influence of Sphere's possession, the seeds began to germinate, grow, and spread pollen. (Can be imagined as a giant version of R'lyeh)
The reason why Gijera is like R'lyeh, though it is better to say that the reason why R'lyeh is like Gijera, Yuna guesses it is because the ultra ancient memory sleeping in Kengo's heart may be unconsciously associated with the smile of Gijera. Thus R'lyeh appearance after being cultivated by Kengo is very similar to Gijera.
(Because Gijera's pollen has the effect of promoting pleasure, in Kengo ultra ancient subconscious, Gijera is often accompanied by a smile, so Kengo hopes that his own R'lyeh can also make people smile. Of course, it's not Gijera's pharmacological way.)
Solution: Spray herbicides on ultra-ancient plants.

Also info regarding Mars. The situation there is even worse than it is on Earth. There are Spheres patrolling the city, and the citizens are still hiding in sanctuaries. So based on these info the reason why Earth wasn't attacked for a whole year was likely because the Spheres were focusing all their firepower dealing with Mars as that is where Trigger and the old GUTS-Select members are located at.

Last edited:
So after endless wait for Gijera and the theorized tragedy story coming out from it, we finally get it. Those crazy sob, they finally did it! Though I wonder if we'll get a slight split in character focus to Kengo because of this. I'm actually hoping yes because he needs it. I want my boy Kengo to be done right.

Also, got dang, 1984 Mars.

Uhh, honestly, not too big on that design. But I was once a part of the not fan on Ultimate Final groupie and we all know that was a horrendously wrong opinion that you should be lobotomized.

So, yeah. Waiting for that to be put into action.

And a VD spin off as well? Damn bruh.

Also, that Basser variant keeps up with actually hard-going trend that Deckermons have been putting out lately. Plus there's a totally not suspicious still of Asumi and Kaizaki. Oh, and looks like Decker is gonna even the play ground with Miracle; see, that makes sense.

And lastly Gregoreman for realsies! Kind of a shame if the trademark is right that he shares the same name as that shithole Bat from UZF. I wonder if they'll play something similar to Kyrieloid's return in Trigger.

Edit: Already changed my mind about Sphere Red King, that shot looks marvelous. And also just noticed the previous SELECT members. Of course, Seiya looks cleanest. If- if that's him.

In the Chinese fandom at least, they are already considering it the best New Gen series after XOZ. Some argue depending on how the series goes it could surpass some of them.

So the brand new Cybernetic Demon Terrafacer has been leaked. Looks sick ngl.

Saw it on Oricon news but still thats looks really rad af, i'm still curious why Terrafacer being considered as an ally first for eps 11 if he's going to be a mid-series boss
Sphere Red King looks pretty funky.

New stills for upcoming episodes.

Edit: just noticed that Gregoryman is there helping/attacking (?) Decker.

That picture 4, is that a new monster?
And Sphere Red King face remind me with Powered Red King for some reason, and wow we actually going to see Gregoreman in action in his real form

So, new Decker, new experience. It really feels like catching those Saturday morning Toku on the less mainstream channels here where I am.

Funny thing, during the Megalothor discovery scene, in conjunction with the revelation, I also received news of an ominous purple cloud over at Chile.

In any case...

Wow. Already they made Kengo wiser on matters of being an Ultraman, but also retains his less capable side when it comes to explaining parts that the mystique his nature can cause.

I feel like the episode was definitely a Kengo story. Episode began with him, his return was the focus, he was given time to reminisce on and about Earth. And the episode ends with a turning point that could very well develop his character even further.

The ending though, that was pretty wild. You can either interpret it as some kind of PTSD, but you can also see it as Kengo deeply pondering on perhaps he can make it right this time, especially after what he said about not being able to make everyone smile.

That as it may, a story of Kengo, it doesn't seem like Asumi will be sidelined as well. Kengo was the base, Asumi, as per the preview, would be the deal breaker of the conflicts. Or you know, good writing in practice.

All in all, I'm really glad Decker is their next step in the business.

I mean come on, Decker has been solid 7.5s, but this is straight up 8.3.

Ahh shit Megalothor has broke through the 4th wall

Yeah the development Kengo has gone through offscreen over the past year really makes him feel more mature now. At least most of the time. He still acts like he normally does when he tries to make lies. Still this episode was pretty decent overall. I just hope they stick the landing once Carmeara returns next episode.

But also uhh I guess we might legitimately have Low 2-C Base Ultras now. Trigger and Decker together in strength form can somewhat push back Sphere Megalothor and with the Ultra Dual Sword, Trigger outright cut a wound on her. So unless its revealed that later on Glitter Trigger Eternity still struggles against Megalothor than they would become Low 2-C even in Base. Otherwise this will just be considered another Diavolo situation where they make weaker forms look like they stand a chance when even their strongest forms aren't able to take them down that easily.

I think we can make a list of characters who suffered the most traumatic events but can still trot on like the soldier they are on F&G with how often Ultraman has been doing these past scars thing.

So what does this mean, then? Low 2-C bases? That seems wild now that we're actually at the point where we have to decide. Them pushing back Megalothor I can still see it being the combination of Power Types plus the whole schtick of Ultra co-op being multipliers, and Dual Sword being another anathema to darkness like how Circle Arms was. Speaking of, I wish Decker remains with the Sword while Trigger resumes use of Circle Arms next episode.

We probably could tbh

Yeah like combination normally just multiplies their power by how many of them are fighting at once. So since it’s two of them we just need to divide the results by 2 then divide by 3 due to this being done in their strength form. Though I’m not exactly sure if simply pushing back Megalothor counts as them scaling. They didn’t really do any actual damage outside of the Dual Sword.

Oh right also forgot to post this

Gridman Universe movie confirmed for 2023

Hm, yeah, pushing back may not be that scaleable of a feat so I think overall only with the Dual Sword do they actually put out that much damage. I mean, isn't that fine on its own? A special weapon seemingly made out to directly counteract Megalothor.

Huh, more Gridman, and I still haven't caught up to Dynazenon. I've heard it's actually not good but y'know, completionist matters.

Yeah only having the Dual Sword scale would honestly be better than suddenly having Low 2-C Base Ultras.

I personally liked Dynazenon better than Gridman. Gridman's highs were definitely much higher than Dynazenon's high but overall I think Dynazenon was more consistent with good and decent episodes and I liked the Dynazenon cast much more than the Gridman cast. Like if Gridman is more story focused than I'd say Dynazenon is more character focused. And that does seem to be the case for the two series. The Dynazenon story isn't really that crazy like Gridman but the overall interaction and growth between the different characters in the cast have been way better. Yume's storyline in Dynazenon was incredible and probably the main reason why I liked Dynazenon so much.

Like her story where she slowly opens up to Yomogi and the crew was done really well. From her initially being somebody who toys with people's feelings like calling Yomogi out just to break the promise due to her past to her finally being able to move past her sister's death after Garnix pulled a Bullton. The relationship between Yomogi and Yume, Gauma being a total bro and wingman and actually making the Yomogi x Yume ship come true, Anti returning with Anosillus the 2nd, the Dynazenon combinations, and etc. all of them were great parts of Dynazenon. The main shortcoming is that the antagonists weren't really as memorable nor had as much of a impact as Akane.

Last edited:
Of course, that'll depend on what next episode gives us. Though I doubt it'll last long before midseason or second half gives us actual Low 2-C Base since we're still early into the series kinda.

See, the fact you can detail a positive aspect and how it compares is just more fuel for me to watch Dynazenon as well. One of the supposed to be more knowledgeable member of the Discord insists it's entirely bad because the villains aren't as impactful. So yeah, big surprise, if anything.

Yeah pretty much

If I’m being honest you can pretty much call Dynazenon a slice of life/romance series with mechas as the background and nobody would question it. Like that’s literally what the Chinese fandom considers Dynazenon. The #1 romance anime of Spring 2021. Yeah they straight up gave that title to a series where romance isn’t even the main focus lol. Like it isn’t even a tag for the series and yet the posts were all “I came for the mecha but stayed for the DK” or “Outta the way Dynazenon don’t block me from watching my DK/JK romance.” It’s honestly quite hilarious.

But they aren’t really wrong to be honest. Unlike most of the newer romance series these days the interactions between the characters feel natural and there’s no weird fan service or forced plot progression whatsoever. Not to mention the details that they put in the background is honestly surprising. Like if you carefully watch the actions of a specific background character in the series and also listen to the voice drama you’d find out that there’s a character in Yomogi’s circle of friends (Kaneishi I think that was her name) in school that actually liked him (This was also confirmed by the writer who told the people nice job for noticing this). So it’s not entirely wrong to call this a romance series in a way.

Also I particularly like the soundless background that Dynazenon has. It feels really calming just listening to the characters talk without any background noises. Dynazenon is pretty much just a simple story about a group of strangers with things they regret in their life as they slowly mature and move past their problems thanks to their meeting with one another courtesy of Dynazenon and the monsters. You don’t need impactful villains for a series like this. It’s a solid 8/10 though the ending song Strobe Memory and the characters make me rate it a 9/10.

Last edited:
But that doesn't mean SSSS Gridman is inferior to Dynazenon, in fact both are really good with Dynazenon having some of special advantages like what Peter said
If I’m being honest you can pretty much call Dynazenon a slice of life/romance series with mechas as the background and nobody would question it. Like that’s literally what the Chinese fandom considers Dynazenon. The #1 romance anime of Spring 2021. Yeah they straight up gave that title to a series where romance isn’t even the main focus lol. Like it isn’t even a tag for the series and yet the posts were all “I came for the mecha but stayed for the DK” or “Outta the way Dynazenon don’t block me from watching my DK/JK romance.” It’s honestly quite hilarious
straight up murder-stomp Rent-A-Girlfriends and thats a fact

Oh. Crap, I musta misread that, because I did not catch the No. 1 Romance Anime part as it should. Like I thought it was a fandom granted title, but for real, it got awarded that?

Damn.

Oh. Crap, I musta misread that, because I did not catch the No. 1 Romance Anime part as it should. Like I thought it was a fandom granted title, but for real, it got awarded that?

Damn.
Nah it’s a fan granted title not an official one. It’s just a thing that almost everybody in the Chinese fandom calls the show in the reviews due to how much better it is compared to the other romance series that were out at the time during that year despite not even being one in the first place. And by Chinese fandom I mean users both inside and outside of the Tokusatsu fandom were calling it that. Like you could go onto the BiliBili Tieba which has over 4 million users and you could see like a dozen or so post on the front page every week praising it for doing romance better than romance animes during its airing.

But seriously man all this talk about Dynazenon really takes me back to Spring 2021. That was honestly a legendary season. Like there was so many amazing anime originals, sequels, and adaptations that came out that time.

Dynazenon, Zombieland Saga, Uma Musume, Odd Taxi, Vivy, 86, To You The Immortal, Fruits Basket, Iruma-kun, etc. etc.

Last edited:
Nah it’s a fan granted title not an official one. It’s just a thing that almost everybody in the Chinese fandom calls the show in the reviews due to how much better it is compared to the other romance series that were out at the time during that year despite not even being one in the first place. And by Chinese fandom I mean users both inside and outside of the Tokusatsu fandom were calling it that. Like you could go onto the BiliBili Tieba which has over 4 million users and you could see like a dozen or so post on the front page every week praising it for doing romance better than romance animes during its airing.
Still murder-stomp Rent-A-Girlfriend thats for sure

Btw,
About Ultraman making star constelation before
I already try asking it is star constelation can be consider to lifting strength. (Because i think Ultraman LS kinda suck stack at class G)

And according to the answer, does it qualify to LS? Cuz i don't watch the showa series so idk real full context

I Only seeing it at ultraman fe 3 that all Ultra brothers can make star constelation in tyrant mission
No idea. I asked for confirmation as well and it seemed it was from dubious sources at best saying it was done by TK. But we only really know what we were shown; Ultraman is a very visual medium, after all. Though I worry about KLOL's statement about just popping the stars into place as that's basically what happened. But there's also some level of acceptance between staffs that doing just that can still apply for AP. But LS? I dunno. I might try re-calcing that rock throw from Darklops Zero Gaiden since it was a pretty strong throw. And Force = LS.

@Peter1129
Ah, was still right, then. But then again I'm not surprised. Genre that doesn't focus on any specific stuff generally does that aspect better in most cases. And then you have TsuPro, who has and still deals with the generalities, and you're bound to make something that sticks stronger than expected. As fans of Ultra we should know, after all.

We could always just take the constellation feat as a telekinesis lifting feat if people think suddenly having stars appear out of no where makes no sense. Like even if we do lose that feat we still have High 4-C feats in the form of Bemstar‘s supernova tanking and Vacuumon’s constellation consumption. And those are all stuff that Jack downscales from.

So basically Stellar TK LS for just about every Showa Ultras since they should be the ones who should feasibly scale to it as Man was pretty much the standard of a well-trained psychic user. But how do we justify that as being TK, even?

Back