• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Decker episode 9. Good writing makes a viewer tear up easy.

I mean, we knew it already, that Decker has excellent writing and is very good at emphasizing the effects of monster attacks to the livelihoods of all affected. But this one was especially harder, considering Grace's background. And the scene when Mika was going back home...? Guilt builds easy on me, and I was eating, I immediately stopped.

Ah. And as short as Grace's moment was, it existed, and I just realized that other than establishing his position on Earth, it also might have been a marker on who he could have become if he didn't chase fame in his earlier years. It's... tragic. Small ones, big ones, Decker is ready for all.

Just like what Murahoshi said, just as SELECT aims for peace on Earth and in Space, the small happiness is also worth it. And because of that, I believe Decker will lead to one hell of an experience, more than it already is.

To end this, I'd say the doom count isn't very inaccurate. With Terraphaser's hinting, we might soon see some Z levels of tragedy.

This episode is truly wholesome af, Grace and Mika as a strong-bonded family and how Captain Murahoshi said about small happiness is also worth it, also that Grace rise sequence was f***ing cool

Also, DG001? Yeah thats Terraphaser alright, and next episode we might get a prelude to major event of Decker series

Seven has always been popular. No matter what Seven would always be top 5 or top 3.

Also looked at the full list for the kaijus and dang it Greeza got 11th place just short of top 10. Lost to Jamila it seems. But hey at least it’s the most voted New Generation monster since Juggler isn’t a monster.

Tartarus on the other hand is only 48th place though. Sucks.

Juggler as always is highly popular and got 2nd place.

Last edited:
Gaia got 12th, but that's okay, because that still means he's there out of many dozens mors. Also, I'm surprised even Trigger made it into a quarter of potentially 100 contestants.

If that's legit legit, I like the crest design and how the overall look doesn't go for the armoured appearance most New Gens have gone for. But the color combi and correction of timer placement isn't a very good direction in my eyes.

Oh, crap, you're right. By extension he's also a bit like Agito, which means if his new DX weapon is as described in rumor is true, then the comparison had always been pretty apt.

Damn, you're on a roll with these, even though Dynas is already known. But for Gigarogaiza, I'm smelling spiritual successor to Gaigareid.

Could be, as we’ve seen them change the name a bit from a kaiju (Neo Megas = Neo Saurus).

Oh yeah one more thing, there’s another leak that’s saying Dyna will return in episodes 14-15 (Praying to god that Shin Asuka reappears).

I hope Asuka also gets a 2-parter to properly integrate into Decker's world. It's so weird if he had something like Tiga, who had been built up throughout most of Trigger, only to be introduced fully at the last hour of episode 19, a single episode. So yeah. Of course, assuming it's true, which has so far been 78%.

Anyone: Voices a personal opinion that is naturally already subjective if you had a tenth of a brain

Vel: So you think the material is awful then

If I have to go further than this, pathetic won't cover it.

Thanks and sorry for that, tho i feel Cult taking it waaaaay extreme to the point calling me pathetic isn't enough, like i just want to rebutting what you said, no ill intent at all sheehs man, my feeling hurt right now

You're lucky I do a lot of self-reflections between every aggressive posts I've ever made, because I will admit that I've skipped about 3 steps in the "can you not" curve.

Neomegas is straight up Sigma. Like damn, the wording may as well had been of those memes. Also, what is this, are we already in another arc? Aren't we only reaching episode 9?

I think it's only because we already know what Terraphaser would eventually be and do, but #11's title sent shivers in me.

Edit: I have dementia.

Last edited:
Holy today’s episode was a banger, starting from the Profesor’s ideology that monsters are nothing but destoying machines, to Neomegas’s rampage and sick action scene in his fight with Decker.

Also flying winged Decker.

ACCORDING TO MASAYUKI GOTOH, DESIGNER OF ULTRAMAN DECKER. HE EXPLAINED THAT ULTRAMAN DECKER IS NOT A GIANT OF LIGHT, BUT A GIANT OF UNIVERSE. CHANCES ARE WE'LL KNOW THE ORIGIN OF ULTRAMAN DECKER, AROUND EPISODE 12 AND ABOVE” Take this with a grain of salt, though I don’t want to and I just want to believe it fully.

Oh. Didn't see the backstory exploration part in the Discord. Damn, I'm not ready?

Like I said there as well, it'd be funny if Decker now turned up to be an embodiment of a universal will of sorts, hence his motif and such.

Back