• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

True I doubt they will treat Tartarus like fodder so quickly.

Thing is none of them got such a huge boost in between series. From Pre-Reiwa to Reiwa the New Generation Ultras only went from like 6000x baseline to 200000x baseline. That’s only a 33.33x boost.

If Trigger and Decker suddenly fights Sphere Megalothor which is even stronger than 2nd Form Megalothor than they’ll have went from a mere 200000x baseline (High) 3-A to 1600x baseline Low 2-C. That’s like way too big of a boost for it to happen in between one series.

I honestly hope this doesn’t happen. And instead it’s only the Ultra Dual Sword and final form that scales.

33.33x is pretty big if you ask me tho

But seriously, I forgot about the High 3-A scaling. So if this happens, 200,000x. Oh, yeah, that's kind of a no-no for that tier. Only because it doesn't sit right.

I mean compared to going from (High) 3-A (Not even baseline Low 2-C) to 1600x Low 2-C a mere 33.33x is honestly not that big. Not to mention Showa had the 20x gap between Ace and Taro. So gaps that are as big as tens of times aren’t that uncommon in between two series. Now the thousands of times gap is a whole other story.

Just a personal thing, mostly. But yeah, I guess long ad it's not anywhere above 100x, that much I'm fine with.

Also, just something I noticed, but il hafta ask first. How many of those transformation boosts says, "能力"? Because I feel even though it says that, we only assume boost in P&A potency and AP. Whereas 能力 roughly translates to just ability, or faculty, which is defined as inherent mental or physical capacity. So what's preventing speed and some other aspects from also scaling? Of course, this is assuming there are ones that used that exact kanji.

Same here

I think this is one of the very few that says this. Most just say power. But I’m honestly iffy about it boosting speed as well. Since like speed seems to be that one thing that never really changes in the Ultra Series. Base lvl ultras can still keep up with enemies that are on par with their ultimate form in terms of speed.

Carmeara comes back to make a scene of jealousy again😂
294565488_3375522629385977_661252928271953396_n.jpg

I don't remember or know, really, what official materials say these days, but I think he pretty much is at this point. Like father, like son, but in a bizarre literal level.

On today's Decker, however, wow. I don't know where to start. This is likely an exaggeration like most times, but this was a genuinely great episode. The very obvious exposition scene where Yunohana's situation was being explained was somehow effective enough to make me feel all chum and glum about it, which is honestly something that Heisei excelled at; the portrayal of something perceptually mundane as being of significant enough concern. And considering they tied it to the troubles caused since the Spheres before gradually changing the real perpetrator, it worked.

Decker has also so far, given us 3 massive Wham Shots, or scenes. Decker failing to stop the Earth's imprisonment, the civilians' plight, and now the unnecessarily cheerful advertisement of Monsahgar's production. The dissonance was used to amazing effect here, creating a sense of dread and discomfort while the crew watches helplessly as Monsahgar who-

Through this slight detour, may I remind you, that at this point, Sphere-Gomora's many times boost has already been established.

-Effortlessly rampaged through the town, so we already have this doubt on whether Decker can actually beat it on his own.

And he didn't. That's another massive up points for the episode, GUTS-Griffon is not just a plot goal, it finished the job as per the characters' expectation of it having the firepower to help with the upcoming fights.

In short, damn I love Decker. I hereby declare today the changing point of the thread's subtitle. Gonna think of the new subtitle first.

Yeah Asuka’s father was the original Dyna based on info from the Dyna novel.

Also this week’s episode they once again state that Synthetic Sphere Monsters are many times stronger than the original host monster. So yeah the many times multiplier is definitely legitimate. Also it’s nice to see the civilians actually evacuating for once. This episode was also surprisingly great. Also Hanejiro was definitely the MVP this episode like wow haven’t seen a defense team plane support an ultra this well in ages. Like Hanejiro telling Kanao’s to punch the ground to let the spring water blast GUTS Falcon up was really cool. Also all those hot spring scenes this episode were hilarious. And man Mons-Ahger is actually really powerful for a normal monster. It’s the only monster so far to actually make Decker struggle. Not even Sphere Gomora put up as much of a fight.

Think there’s a full translation on Tieba or BiliBili. It’s among the list of ultra series novels that I was thinking of translating sometime in the future. But full novel translations are a pain so I‘m not sure when I’ll get to it.

HANE2 impression on Kanata made me wheeze
Also yeah Mons-Ahger put a lot of effort to take down unlike Sphere Gomora is surprising to say, maybe because his skin made him invicible

Also 4 more eps to the big event of Trigger-Decker team up

In Gamma Future Z first encounter with Five King, his Gaia V2 transformed to SV then performed Quantum Stream. In the second battle with Five King, even though FK has already absorbed Deracium Beam Torrent and Gulnate Bomber individually, Gaia still used Photon Crusher as V2 and was able to overloaded FK. Is this a possible 3x for Photon Crusher?

Found it, they did clash against each other and it seems like Z actually thought Base Z + Beliarok would be enough to surpass Ace's guillotine. Tho, there’s no engsub so I might’ve misunderstood it. The slashes are on par but I don’t see why that equates to Ace can cut through space-time. Did it ever stated that his slash can cut through time-space via raw power anywhere?

Yeah that's where my suspicion rose, too. I don't think we considered a regular slash from Beliarok, although completely plausible, to have natural space-time cutting properties.

Yeah that's where my suspicion rose, too. I don't think we considered a regular slash from Beliarok, although completely plausible, to have natural space-time cutting properties.
It was Deathcium Slash, but cutting space-time was hax. That’s why he got send to another universe rather than others who also on this level of power.

But we still know that Beliarok has revealed to be well capable of doing so normally. Deathcium Slash was just a more offensive technique variation of it. Regardless, at least we're still on the same page that Ace's Guillotine doesn't have the same properties.

If anything, it just seems to add that most Ultras probably has a level of resistance to a bunch of haxes when using their energies, which theoretically scales to their natural resistance, but that's for another time.

Is this voice drama even canon? Like the title of the voice drama says it’s an stage show expo voice drama. And Tsuburaya also didn’t even put English subs for it which they normally do for the voice dramas.

Yeah just checked the Chinese translation and the title of the voice drama is called Ultra Heroes Expo 2022 Summer Festival. And the description said it’s a voice drama that lets you enjoy the stage show more.

Yeah just checked the Chinese translation and the title of the voice drama is called Ultra Heroes Expo 2022 Summer Festival. And the description said it’s a voice drama that lets you enjoy the stage show more.
True, though it also stated that one of the voice drama will lead up to a story this summer and there are also lots of character information. I guess that means the events taken place in these dramas aren't cannon, but the general information are in fact true.

New episode is out and what can I say other than it’s a nice episode. Decker has been doing quite well so far into the series. This episode shows that earthlings aren’t the only ones that are affected by the Spheres sudden attack and we see smol Eleking, human sized Eleking, and even more large Eleking. And man Hanejiro is so right about all of the new GUTS-Select having secrets. Also this episode did great to showcase Miracle Type‘s ability and huh so the thing on Decker’s chest is like a pocket universe cool.

Damn, Decker, it's only episode 5. Yuko's backstory really got me.

In all honesty however, I don't think there's too much for me to say this time. The whole thing with Ichika trying to get the Mega Earth out felt like it came out of, again, the early to mid 2000s Toku regardless of IP.

Perhaps the most impressive part about this episode however is Miracle's debut. Which is a given, except for the fact that of all the wizard-types that's appeared in recent instalments, none came close to the conciseness but awe striking showcase we were given here. That was like 4 techniques in the span of less than 3 minutes maybe. Truly, a miracle.

To detour a bit, Takanori is just the coolest director now. Ever since Taiga, he's been showing his Shoober time and time again and this time he somehow maanges to tie his doggo into the plot itself. Mad man.

Also right about Hanejiro. Now, I wonder what Ryumon will ask him to keep secret of.

Just a ramble to set a base for potential future revisions, but should we split X's Base/General P&A to explicitly state which one is him with a digital body and which one is truly physical?

Because from the looks of it, X should have some kind of Data physiology with a second appropriate tie to his Type 8 immortality plus a resistance to that due to either having to personally take in the virus from the Zetton Armor before being corrupted and that Daichi can again, override that virus given enough time.

Plus the very fact he is made of Data that can be scoured in any form of digital network in order to resurrect him. In turn, it'll give Greeza an additional thing he can affect though I'm not sure how often it can come to play. Regardless, X as a result may also have data-based transmutation considering it's his gimmick.

Again, very rough outline of what's what, but it's a start.

Edit: And depending on what I find on my eventual rewatch of X, we may even get Info Manip Type 2 but I'm not gonna hold my breath because I've been wrong pretty often.

Yeah I think there was a Twitter post a about a day ago that said Shin Ultraman has been confirmed for NA release. So I’m also set once it comes out.

Oh right not sure if I should mention this but I saw some unconfirmed spoilers not from the usual Chinese leaker on Tieba and according to their spoiler the mid series boss of Ultraman Decker is Terrafacer.

Oh right not sure if I should mention this but I saw some unconfirmed spoilers not from the usual Chinese leaker on Tieba and according to their spoiler the mid series boss of Ultraman Decker is Terrafacer.
I have a feeling that Gaigareid or Zelganoid would be the early EoS bosses for Decker if Terrafacer is going to be real

Crossing my fingers on Gaigareid. Dude was a beast, he'd be perfect to bring back considering the absolute justice they did on Mons-Ahger.

I guess seeing Decker get rammed across a whole ass mountain range would be hilarious too.

And it's really when you put such memetic context to something like that when you really just how much shit the Ultras eat. Who'd'a thought.

Back