• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Oh, I haven't seen that second one. Ah, that's right, Sevenger being Raiden's kid makes sense.

Edit: Ah **** no, SEVENGER!!!

Huh kinda surprised you haven’t seen Kinkuri’s stuff. They are basically the most famous artist for fan kaiju girls ever since the official kaiju girl project thing got cancelled. Some of the designs they make are really nice. And the short stories involving them in their Twitter posts are also quite hilarious or wholesome.

Oh I have seen Kinkuri's works, just not that particular post for some reason. And yeah, their works are really fun, pretty much the other one aside from HitoriNo who's always fun to scroll through.

Damn. I just remembered, but I mean, since nobody aaid anything about it anyway... yeah, I don't think anyone's gotten a ticket for Episode Z.

Ahh I see

Huh so I guess I’m the only one again. I’ll see if I can record the whole thing or just some clips then. Though I’m probably gonna need to learn how to screen record and upload videos on a laptop first.

wait so with what payment do you use to pay for this ticket?

and why is ultraman connection forbidding me from logging in

Last edited:
Oh... oh my... Decker, yeah, he looks awesome. Honestly better than how I imagined, like always with Ultra these days.

Is it just me, or does Decker has some design cues from Hudram? I find that funny since there was that rumor that he'd supposedly be a reincarnated Hudram., which while clearly not true, ended up being not too far from the truth.

Took about an hour but I figured out how to screen record the screen with only the system audio while simultaneously watching the video so I don’t have to go back and leave the laptop on for an hour just to record it after I’m done watching the movie tomorrow.

And just a heads up I’m only gonna upload Episode Z unlisted onto YouTube for like 3 days before taking down the video. Also no link sharing to anybody outside of this forum is allowed as I’d rather not get into any copyright trouble with Tsuburaya.

Anyways pretty much done with this week and all its testing so I’m back. And huh so that’s Decker huh nice design. I hope the story can meet my expectations. I just want it to at least be a 7/10 series.

That's a very generous timeframe.

Hey man, a 6.3/10 is more than enough for me if Geed's anything to go by. Ah neat, welcome back, even if for a bit.

Well damn apparently Episode Z has already been leaked and completely subbed in Chinese on Bilibili about an hour or so ago. And part 1 and 2 have been taken down already. Welp I guess its time for me to avoid spoilers.

Personally I'm fine with a 6/10 but I kind of want a 7/10 series right now.

Good lord, what the hell, BiliBili? Like I know they're fast, but this is Revenge of Belial Zero fast.

I understand. Just that it's likely an unrealistic expectation going by the recent line ups.

Yeah if there’s one thing I learned about Chinese translators it’s that they are fast. Like hella fast.

But anyway from the quick peek I took at the comments section it seems like almost everybody who has watched it says Episode Z still has problems but is overall way better than the tv series. So I guess we can look forward to it with hope now.

bro anyone who thought Episode Z was gonna be bad needs a lobotomy they clearly not using it anyway

But seriously though, given that Episode Z has a notably more singular primary focus and an actual experienced Ultra Series writer and director, I doubt it faced the same problems it did during the show's production.

Almost all of the Chinese users on the Ultraman Tieba after the Ultraman Trigger finale dropped.

But yeah I had already seen quite a few good comments from Japanese users who watched the pre screening of Episode Z so I wasn’t really that worried about it being bad.

Given that Japanese people are actually less reserved these days, I can trust their judgement, especially on stuff related to Tokusatsu. Then again, I'm not addicted to Copium so bad or not, I doubt I'll act like it ruined everything about the franchise for me.

On another note, what else should we revamp on the profiles when we finally get to them? I have a compiler sandbox where I listed stuff related to anything that would be relevant for future CRTs which can always use additions. Stamina and skills sound like something we need to consider since we're likely to encounter that question at one point.

Oh yeah we should probably update stamina sometime in the future. Not entirely sure about skill since outside of the older Ultras the New Generation aren’t really that skilled.

You watched it? And it's possession? I don't mind spoilers, but should preferably be a bit more discreet about it.

I watched some of the fight clips of Episode Z and well....Destrudos was there and fought alongside Evil Trigger
Yuna restored Glitter Eternity Form, but outside that i dunno what happen to her
The shadow that appeared in front of Glitter Trigger is none other than Evil Trrigger increased his size

Crap I miscalculated. I should've realized that I can't open or upload an hour long video without some kind of special app. Seems like I'm gonna have to go back later to rerecord the movie in parts instead.

Yikes. Well, least you get to watch it again, or something.

Man, and I wonder why I rarely frequent the wiki's Discord server when literally everyone makes shit takes already. Guess everyone's a critic, and it's easy to be one when you can use Sensation Points and not add why it's bad.

Actually nevermind somehow it’s working now. But I still need to record the last 30 minutes in part 2 since my email suddenly popped up and blocked the recording about 45 minutes in. And uploading to YouTube takes like a few hours.

You mean the vsbattles discord? Wasn’t that shut down a while back due to some controversy a while back?

Oeuf, that's gotta suck. Doesn't take much to imagine the hassle of sending that to YT these days too.

Nah, Ultraman wiki Discord. It's honestly become a horrendous place where people only come to indulge in the absoluteness of their personal preference.

Bruh. I just finished uploading the thing onto YouTube only for it to be cancelled during the processing phase since its longer than 15 minutes and my accounts not verified. So yeah sorry I'm gonna try and upload this tomorrow instead once I split the video into shorter parts.

Holy hell, that's awful. Yeah, probably shoulda split it in the first place. Like the good old days of MMB The Movie.

Never mind the moment I uploaded the movie even in parts it got copyrighted. So yeah doesn't seem like I'll be able to share it through YouTube. And my google drive doesn't gave enough space to upload the movie either.

The best thing I can think of now is screen sharing through Discord if anybody is up for it. If you are I'll just post the discord server invite link later today. And I guess the time I will start screen sharing would be 9:00 PM EDT today and 9:00 AM EDT tomorrow in case anybody missed the first one. Though for now I should probably just test and see if I know how to use screen share correctly with internal audio on Discord.

Last edited:
Anyways some other news just went to Tieba and I just saw a user say that there was apparently an interview that said Ultroid Zero was based off of Zero because he was considered the strongest being to have appeared in Ultraman Z. So seems like we may or may not have outright confirmation that Base Zero > Reiwa Ultra Brothers if this interview really was a thing.

Edit: Found it in Chinese. It's an interview from the 286th issue of the Figure Ou magazine.

在最初的构成中,最后的特空机是以假泽塔奥特曼为预定进行的。对人类来说是究极兵器,也是模仿这个世界上最强存在的形态。这样的话我觉得模仿泽塔奥特曼的样子比较妥当吧。但是上面来了个‘如果是冒牌角色的话希望以赛罗为基础’的要求”

虽然在这方面做了很多努力,但最终还是决定以赛罗为基础进行设计。仔细想想,因为是赛雷布洛制作的,所以模仿最强的赛罗的样子并没有非常不自然……我说服自己然后开始工作

"In the original composition, the final Special Airborne Armor was supposed to use Ultraman Z as a base. It is the ultimate weapon for humans, and it is also a form that imitates the strongest existence of this world. In that case, I think it's more appropriate to imitate Ultraman Z's appearance. But there is a request from above, "If it is a imitation character, I hope it will be based on Zero"

Although a lot of effort went into this, the decision was finally made to base the design on Zero. Thinking about it, because it was made by Celebro, so it wasn't very unnatural for it to imitate the Zero, the strongest... I convinced myself with that and started working."

So Ultroid Zero is supposed to imitate the strongest existence of the Ultraman Z world which was originally referring to Z. Which I guess makes sense since Ace and Zero aren't actually part of the Ultraman Z world since they only really cameo'd for a bit. It's not really full confirmation but Taguchi is indirectly saying that Celebro based Ultroid Zero on Zero since he is the strongest so in a way its just another indirect statement about Base Zero being stronger than the Ultra Brothers like Ace.

Last edited:
Oh damn. I don't think I'll make it for the first one but I think the second one should be at a reasonable enough time.

I mean then again, it wouldn't be much of a surprise for Zero to be stronger, and there's not too big of a difference considering the scaling for here given it'll be an upscale at best. But canonically speaking, still awesome to hear since that essentially means Z at his highest should also somewhere scale that high.

Back