• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

True dat

It’s actually Eclipse Mode Cosmos that is normally treated as comparable to Standard Mode Justice. And from the looks of it the two of them are likely treated as about comparable to the Ultra Brothers and New Generation Ultra Ultimate Forms in those forms if the recent stage shows and the first preview are anything to go by.

Eclipse Mode is supposed to be tens of times Corona Mode. So it’s like the jump from Ruebe to Gruebe. I think Corona Mode Cosmos would probably be at or above the lvl of Ruebe while Luna Mode Cosmos would be at or above the lvl of the strength form of the New Generation Ultras.

Though thinking about it now from the first preview we could see that the Darklops and Legionoid seemingly requires the New Gen Ultras to fight using their strength forms. And it makes no sense for the Absolutian soldiers to be weaker than these basic robot soldiers. So I guess the Absolutian soldiers might be at the lvl of the New Generation Strength forms.

I was mostly referring to their appearance in TAC, where Cosmos was in Space Corona mode and Justice in Standard. I know we don't use brief moments like those as solid comparisons, but Space Corona is already described as a better Corona Mode according to the scans you got so I wouldn't be surprised if the gap from SC to Eclipse is notably small enough for SC Mode to be roughly Justice Standard level.

Ah, see, close enough. And I really wish that's the case for the New Gens at least since in turn, it wouldn't make sense for Cosmos to not be close to their Strength forms given his renewed status.

Oh yeah that is true. Yeah I guess you’re right Space Corona Mode probably is closer to Eclipse Mode in power rather than the normal Corona Mode

Yeah if I’m being honest the base form of Old Heisei Ultras should by all means be above the strength forms of the New Generation Ultras if not their super forms in terms of scaling. But Tiga is only on par with Trigger so that kind of sets the bar lower for the Old Heisei Ultras base form.

Oh, right, Tiga's return made it weird seeing how there wasn't any clear way of scaling other than to equalize them. If only Trigger didn't lose Glitter Eternity so it could at least make clearer where Tiga stands at the time.

Speaking of Trigger's scaling, how should his chain look like by now?

Pretty sure he just scales to the New Generation Ultras

Multi Type Trigger = New Generation Base Form

Sky Type Trigger = New Generation Speed Form

Power Type Trigger = New Generation Strength Form

Glitter Trigger Eternity = New Generation Ultimate Form

Trigger Truth = Honestly have no clue which one this counts as but I personally just consider it to be on the same tier as Shining Zero and just below Ultimate Shining Zero since it scales to absolutely no one and is just below Ultimate Shining Zero in terms of AP.

Though speaking of scaling I wonder if Decker will get the Dyna treatment and have all his forms be stronger than Trigger. Cause if that’s the case than there would probably be another increase in the scaling. Like we do know Megalothor is returning in Decker so it’s very likely that there is gonna be another power creep soon if Decker really does follow Dyna’s format.

Huh, really? Didn't you consider Full Power Darrgon being as strong as SC Zero before? What about the scaling chain that puts Megalothor upwards from 15x baseline? I really don't remember when that was changed in that case.

Huh, where'd that come from then, scaling Truth to Shining?

Oh no, that would be reeeaally bad if that happened. But seriously though, I think a slight increase into Low 2-C is fine. Well, a lot of fun Low 2-C matches does come from the more baseline to above baseline guys so I guess there's that to consider. If nothing else, hax. More hax is good.

Yeah that scaling would mean Trigger Truth scales to at the very least 30x Baseline since it’s at least stronger than 1st Form Megalothor who is

FP Carmeara (At least 3x) + FP Hudram (3x) + FP Darrgon (At least 9x) + Portion of Eternity Core (At least 15x) = At least 30x baseline Low 2-C

Personally I believe that Shining is in fact 2x Ultimate. And I personally like to consider Ultimate to be 5x Base even if there’s no proof since 5 just looks like a better number to me compared to 4. So outside of vsbattles I personally consider both Shining Zero and Trigger Truth to be around 30x Baseline at the very minimum. And personally I believe that Ultimate Shining is Zero’s equivalent of Super Taro or Reiga and should thus be 50x stronger than his base. But there’s really no proof of that so it’s just my head canon.

The gap between Dyna and Tiga was by no means small. Like remember when we found out how quite a few late series Dyna monsters had statement of surpassing Queen Monera who has statements and feats of surpassing Gatanothor? So yeah I have a feeling eventually the Low 2-C scaling will be increased to somewhere in the hundreds of times. And if Tartarus doesn’t pull a 2-C feat there’s a chance that the top tiers and god tiers of the series (Post-Training Ultimate Shining Zero and Tartarus) will be stuck being thousands of times baseline Low 2-C. That is assuming Zero’s training made him surpass Joneus in Base form and a casual Tartarus outright demolishes the Leo Astra Double Flasher before getting hurt by Base Zero and thus causing Post-Training Base Zero to scale above the Leo Astra Double Flasher which is 100x Leo/Astra.

Last edited:
Yeah, being stuck to thousands of times baseline doesn't sound very good, especially at Low 2-C. (Draft from like hours ago lol)

Anyway, does this look like a good edit? I kinda-sorta-definitely brute forced a lot of things, compressed a bunch of stuff and all that. You can even hear how crunchy the sound is. Obviously, a literal beginner on this stuff.

Any wondering why is because the current justification link we have is a compilation, and I feel that it could potentially be too cluttering and at one point or another we'll inevitably need only relevant clips. Also just wanted to start something, y'know, funsies.

Ay yo. YO!!?

Oh man, really loving how they carried on with the asymmetry of Decker's design.

The music was pretty good, too. It was simple, but I can't lie when I say it still pumped me up.

The announcement does sound a bit too, "Genki", especially in contrast to Asuma's pretty serious disposition but I think I can let that slide. Also, who'd have thought that Asuma ended up being his actual name.

I love how simple the showcase on the different types' schticks; Strong tanks the Deathfacer-like beam, Miracle straight up nullifies it Ginga style. I say Ginga style because the OG Miracle did not do that so that's a good shake up.

And, as per the description, Masayoshi Takesue is lead director, and Toshizo Nemoto is Series Composer. Both of whom as we know, worked on Episode Z, which was pretty dope given it only had itself to work with.

Overall, I'm really excited since they're actually carrying over the gimmick style from Trigger, let up just enough mystery through that contrast of gimmick and host, plus the simple showcase on the forms' design and capabilities.

So much stuff happened in a weeks for Ultraman and i'm all for it
As for UGF3 will be released in youtube i'm sure they will, remember the prolouge? And with how they uploaded UGF1 and UGF2 in their channel then i don't see why not UGF3?

Is the Ultra Kaiju Encyclopedia the same one as the ones seen for Pris-Ma and Gatanothor here? Because I was wondering...

If these could be used. Heard that it's from late 80s so info may be outdated, but is there a chance some of these might be legit? Like say we use info from here on monsters that haven't yet returned.

Hey guys, I was looking to make some team profiles. I'm gonna need a lot of help though since I'm not that knowledgeable in Ultraman overall.

ほ? Well what do you need to know about? And we were also planning to make an Ultra team profile but since I'm still going through Ace, and plan to revisit Taro and 80 to complete info on theirs, we a little slow on our end as well.

You know it's kinda nuts that after Man/Seven, the major arcs/episodes of Jack/Ace/Taro/Leo were happened in early episodes (before reached eps 20 or something like that)
80 seems toned it down to resembled Man/Seven format

My "draft" is more like an outline rn, less so a draft since I started yesterday. Based on how the pictures were made, I don't think I have a way to change the "Ultraman" part because of how Tsuburaya made the pictures. Is there a way to zoom out the entire picture but keep the width the same?

Sorry don’t really have much time to do anything these days still got three more exams left this month before my break

Oh dear, how absolutely, terribly rude of me.

Alright, I took another look at the draft. Since the keys already split them, the Superior 8 version should also have their separate spot since right now it seemed like it connects with the current version seeing as it has 4-A to Low 2-C.

Essentially it should look like this:

At least High 4-C to 4-B | At least 4-A to At least 4-A, likely 3-B to High 3-A | At least 3-A, likely High 3-A to Low 2-C

At least I believe so. All I'm really sure of is the insane Durability the Superior 8 version can get with a collective barrier. Seriously, that 10,000x dura boost is ridiculous. I guess if we want, we can also give them the TDG 100x AP boost, but I forgot if we once decided whether we still accepted that or whether it also applies to the Superior 8 version.

As for the P&A, I think they should technically have the Ultra Bracelet as part of their arsenal considering it's a mass-produced item that just about anyone can use. But only Jack still uses it so I'm not sure.

And to be honest, I'm not sure what counts as resources or team abilities. I guess statistics amplification is one since it's a canon thing that combined attacks can easily give them boosts up to like 4x. There are also the Ultra Capsules and Medal, but unfortunately their effects are vague on their own beyond more Statistics Amplification for Energy Projection. Sealing can technically count since despite having it themselves, like usual, some powers are more remarkable when they do it combined.

Unfortunately, that's about all I can add. Plus, over half of the profiles there still don't yet exist. Again, my B.

Oh dear, how absolutely, terribly rude of me.

Alright, I took another look at the draft. Since the keys already split them, the Superior 8 version should also have their separate spot since right now it seemed like it connects with the current version seeing as it has 4-A to Low 2-C.

Essentially it should look like this:

At least High 4-C to 4-B | At least 4-A to At least 4-A, likely 3-B to High 3-A | At least 3-A, likely High 3-A to Low 2-C

At least I believe so. All I'm really sure of is the insane Durability the Superior 8 version can get with a collective barrier. Seriously, that 10,000x dura boost is ridiculous. I guess if we want, we can also give them the TDG 100x AP boost, but I forgot if we once decided whether we still accepted that or whether it also applies to the Superior 8 version.

As for the P&A, I think they should technically have the Ultra Bracelet as part of their arsenal considering it's a mass-produced item that just about anyone can use. But only Jack still uses it so I'm not sure.

And to be honest, I'm not sure what counts as resources or team abilities. I guess statistics amplification is one since it's a canon thing that combined attacks can easily give them boosts up to like 4x. There are also the Ultra Capsules and Medal, but unfortunately their effects are vague on their own beyond more Statistics Amplification for Energy Projection. Sealing can technically count since despite having it themselves, like usual, some powers are more remarkable when they do it combined.

Unfortunately, that's about all I can add. Plus, over half of the profiles there still don't yet exist. Again, my B.
nonono, it's all good.

Yea, I had no idea where superior 8's tiers were, so I just left it out. "At least 4-A to At least 4-A" is confusing me too.

Team abilities are abilities that either the team shares or can only do as a team. So I think Stats Amp can totally work. Question. Can Ultras draw out the powers of each other?

ほ? Well what do you need to know about? And we were also planning to make an Ultra team profile but since I'm still going through Ace, and plan to revisit Taro and 80 to complete info on theirs, we a little slow on our end as well.
Speaking of Ace, are you in the middle of the series or still in the beginning of the series?

@IxaSaga2
Oh yeah, the 4-As can get weird, but unfortunately yeah, despite being the same tiers, there are clear denotions of those higher tiers they're likely in.

Heh, the notable techniques section does highlight how weird the actual combo arsenal is among them. And that they're a bit lacking in real variety. Though otherwise, it's coming up well.

@Veloxt1r0kore
Last I left off was over a week ago, 2 episodes into the Sixth Ultra Brother arc. So about 32 episodes in. Don't worry, once Ace is done, I'll be going over Taro and 80, which should be a breeze since not only have I already gone through theirs once, but I also like their shows more than I do Ace, even after it's improvements.

Surprisingly I finished my exam rather easily this time so I guess I’ve got some spare time to rest now.

@IxaSaga2 You should probably remove the Superior 8 Ultra Brothers and make them a separate team profile. And I think it’s better if you put the current picture before the picture original 6 since that actually shows all the Ultra Brothers. Also you need to split them into different eras. Not to mention thinking about it now since team profiles are a thing we should probably remove fusion forms like Mebius Infinity from Mebius’ profile and leave it only for team profiles where they could actually use it.

So it could look something like this

Tier: High 4-C to 4-B, higher with combination techniques, 3-A with Super Taro | At least 4-A, likely 3-B to High 3-A, higher with combination techniques, at least 3-A, likely High 3-A with Super Taro and Mebius Infinity | At least 3-B+, likely High 3-A to at least 3-A, likely High 3-A, higher with combination techniques, far higher with Super Taro and Mebius Infinity | At least 3-A, likely High 3-A, higher with combination techniques, far higher with Super Taro and Mebius Infinity | At least 3-A, likely High 3-A, higher with combination techniques, far higher with Super Taro and Mebius Infinity | At least 3-A, likely High 3-A to Low 2-C, higher with combination techniques, far higher with Super Taro and Mebius Infinity

Keys: Showa Era | Heisei Era | Galaxy Crisis Era | New Generation Era (Before Crisis) | New Generation Era (After Crisis) | Reiwa Era

Another possible feat we can calculate: Return of Ultraman Eps. 28 showed up Varricane and it caused a massive storm there
Tho Varricane should scale to Jack himself since he tanked the specium ray

Yeah, but I think I know who can actually use the lesser feats shown in it. The Next. Having watched his movie again, I think he's pretty qualified to just have those basic-ass feats as his tier, and I think it'll be interesting kinda.

I see, so The Next and Beast The One will scaled to Varricane storm feat
That and Seagorath tsunami feat should be used for scaling to weaker earth kaijus

Oh no, I meant The Next is one of those who should probably scale to feats shown within his film.

Though admittedly, I did forget about that plan, and that reminded me of it. But yeah, plus those should easily reach up to at least Tier 7 so nobody's getting wasted anyway.

Small updates on Decker:

*Yuka Murayama has been cast as the show’s heroine Ichika Kirino, a member of the Anti-Sphere unit, the newly reformed GUTS-Select. She made her film debut in middle school and has since risen in popularity, starring in dramas, commercials, and more.

*Ichika Kirino (20)
The Ground Assault Operative of GUTS-Select

Bright and optimistic, she is hot-blooded with a strong sense of duty and responsibility. She is athletic and though small in stature she can dodge and maneuver quickly.

She hopes to bring back peace to Earth so that people can continue to follow their dreams without being intruded, and save her friends who are lost in the attack of Sphere.

She tends to overthink things leading the captain to call her a “headstrong genius.”

Edit becos forgor:

Back