• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Trigger's opening was good, but yes, an early admittance is that it certainly did not have the same energy as that of Z's opening. But it doesn't have to. Perhaps it's because I saw the trailer first which actually had some good clips, almost spoiler-y to some extent lol, but the opening somewhat elevated my perception on Trigger a bit more.

Now, have you guys also seen the trailer? That was really nice, I'll withhold all talk points until further response because damn.

Here it is by the way, for those of you who haven't seen it:

Yeah the op was still pretty good but after the Ultraman Z op and Ultra Galaxy Fight 2 op it felt kinda weak to me.

Been holding off on the Ultraman Trigger stuff as I’d prefer to surprise myself with the first episode… is what I’d like to say but yeah I already spoiled myself.

So yeah Gymaira is also confirmed to be appearing. And the dark giants all look pretty awesome. And I’m willing to bet that Golba will be the first monster Trigger fights in the series as a nod to Tiga fighting Golza and Melba in episode 1.

Also I really need to learn not to discuss the ultra series scaling with anybody outside of the wiki. Like seriously somehow met a guy that says something stupid like the super complete works aren’t canon but Ultraman retsuden and the stage shows as well as the hit song videos somehow are.

That's quite understandable.

Yeah, like said before. And we're already seeing the roster that will be appearing within the first segment of the show. Gymaira is quite welcome, his return in Taiga was amazing, not so much with TAC, and now with Trigger, I have a feeling they're gonna be playing up with his eldritch aura which I'm all in for. Golba definitely seems like the first, with Carmearra having summoned it. I'm also willing to bet that the scene with Trigger type changing in mostly one spot as a flashback sequence given the structures around him, but that seems like a no-brainer.

That sucks, how can they be serious dismissing the SCW like that? If anything, Retsuden and stage shows are more secondary in comparison. You seem pretty down on luck when it comes to leaking some info on power-scaling as we've come to interpret them.

Yeah those do seem to be the case. Wonder if Trigger will get into a fight with the dark giants in episode 2. Since personally to me it doesn’t seem like the dark giants are final boss material. I feel like they will probably be defeated midway through the series.

Because they just didn’t want to accept the fact that Alien Empera isn‘t considered strong in the current era and because they don’t believe Zero is the strongest Ultra in the different eras. Like seriously it seems like every time somebody tries to deny the databook it always has something to do with Alien Empera or Zero oh right also Father of Ultra that one time. It’s kinda why I went from liking Alien Empera to absolutely hating him now. Like the fans who tries to wank Empera’s power just kinda piss me off and made me hate him.

If that's the case, then the second half might focus mostly on the Eternity Core. Maybe another dangerous weapon trying to be harnessed after Carmearra died using it against Trigger in the midpoint. Kind of like Z in how the Devil Splinters were sidelined, only to technically return with Celebro reclaiming the Belial Medal?

I also want to believe Empera is as strong as imagined, but that would seriously break what consistency is being established ever since TsuPro's numerous mishaps. If we seriously consider TsuPro as having very certain methods of describing the type of destruction then Empera definitely still sits at 3-A alongside Juda, who they already compared him with.

Yeah that might be the case in Ultraman Trigger.

Honestly we could technically have a Post-Retcon key for Alien Empera. Like it is canon that the directors think Alien Empera = Juda Spectre despite the contradictions. So if we made a theoretical post-retcon key Alien Empera would scale higher on the 3-A chain but would still be inferior to the current era Ultras. That is unless we are talking about stage show Alien Empera who defeated Noa. Oh right speaking of should we give Alien Empera a theoretical wearing Armored Darkness key? Cause canonically that is supposed to be his armor but he literally only ever wore it in the stage shows.

Heard Trigger Opening and i must say.......the opening give me the late 90-ish japanese pop song and i really like it

And from the trailer i'm surprised Metron and Gymaira are in Trigger universe, that mean there's no limitation for the alien/kaiju to be appeared in every universe

I'm sold with the dark trio and this trailer further increasing my adoreness to them, and it looks like dark trio wouldn't have a humaan form? Because Hurdramb in the trailer have a human size

If that's the case, then the second half might focus mostly on the Eternity Core. Maybe another dangerous weapon trying to be harnessed after Carmearra died using it against Trigger in the midpoint. Kind of like Z in how the Devil Splinters were sidelined, only to technically return with Celebro reclaiming the Belial Medal?
There is a rumor about Dark Trigger, and said Dark Trigger is the rival for our protagonist, not sure if its reliable so don't take it seriously

You know what would epic? The Dark Trio are the servants of Elder Gods, imagine Sub-Niggurath or Yog-Sogghoth-like Kaijus

@Peter1129
Okay, if they were using the stage show where Empera could damage Noa then that's way too much of a stretch. There's a reason why even in retcon, King never even touched Empera, because there was no need. And while Battle of Dream NOA magazine may be outdated, it is still our most reliable source on where Noa lies, likely above King. I don't see why Empera should have a theoretical key, personally. Armored Darkness is his creation, and Fusion Fight confirms his ability to wear it, if we accept the whole game as being reliable enough sources of course.

@Veloxt1r0kore
Oh right, Hudram at human-size makes way for a lot of interesting implication and routes Trigger might take and honestly, it's pretty hype, especially considering we now have a "proper" Defense Team in the veins of pre New Gen and how much more they can actually do with it.

If Trigger Dark ends up being true, then he might be some kind of echo of hatred from the fallen Dark Giants, similar to how Demonothor is made. Now mix him with the idea of Eternity Core still withholding in the plot, then there's a big chance we're getting something big. Bigger, if the prologue starts something ridiculous. It happened with Geed, it can happen again.

Also, the Dark Giants may be allusions to the Lovecraftian creatures themselves. Darrgon, related to water and a name similar to Dagon, might be a Deep One in reference. Hudramb with his speedy style, apparently conspiring nature, may reference Nyarlatothep, thus an Outer God. Then Carmearra, with resemblance to Camearra and Gatanothor, Elder Gods.

Edit: Okay, Hudram might also be a Deep One because apparently his name is closer to Hydra. Makes sense. Better, actually. If he had been Nyarlatothep, that'd be... way too chaotic.

@Mr.Cutlery Yeah I know I’m just joking about stage show Alien Empera. But yeah there’s probably no need for the retconned Alien Empera key. And yeah hypothetical keys like Armored Darkness Alien Empera probably still needs to be talked about before being implemented. Cause I do remember some profiles having theoretical keys that they could have in canon. So the Armored Darkness key could be a thing.

Also what do you mean King couldn’t touch Empera? I think you have the names in the wrong order here.

I mean we do have the Ultraman Z Voice Drama and interview comparing Noa to King. So we do know Noa is still a god tier.

Yeah, what Blaze said is what I was trying tot say, that King is so far above Empera that there was no need for his direct interference. Also, on the theoretical keys, who else should have it?

Damn, I really missed out a lot on the Voice Dramas, huh? Subs for it just stopped after a while.

This is kinda why I’m happy that there’s all kinds of translations of the Ultra Series on Bilibili and Tieba. Like they have all the voice dramas and quite a few stage shows translated in Chinese. I can rarely find any of these things translated anywhere in English.

@Veloxt1r0kore
Oh right, Hudram at human-size makes way for a lot of interesting implication and routes Trigger might take and honestly, it's pretty hype, especially considering we now have a "proper" Defense Team in the veins of pre New Gen and how much more they can actually do with it.

If Trigger Dark ends up being true, then he might be some kind of echo of hatred from the fallen Dark Giants, similar to how Demonothor is made. Now mix him with the idea of Eternity Core still withholding in the plot, then there's a big chance we're getting something big. Bigger, if the prologue starts something ridiculous. It happened with Geed, it can happen again.

Also, the Dark Giants may be allusions to the Lovecraftian creatures themselves. Darrgon, related to water and a name similar to Dagon, might be a Deep One in reference. Hudramb with his speedy style, apparently conspiring nature, may reference Nyarlatothep, thus an Outer God. Then Carmearra, with resemblance to Camearra and Gatanothor, Elder Gods.

Edit: Okay, Hudram might also be a Deep One because apparently his name is closer to Hydra. Makes sense. Better, actually. If he had been Nyarlatothep, that'd be... way too chaotic.

There's so many route for Trigger its crazy. As for proper Defense Team remember Xio exist

Aside for Trigger Dark, i'm curious how they gonna handled Evil Tiga if somehow he's exist in Trigger universe

Also you're wrong in Carmearra part, she's based from Cthulhu wife Cthylla

Wait....does that mean Tiga is Cthulhu all along!!?

Nah, Cthylla ain't the wife. The daughter. And... is the one who should give birth once more to Cthulhu.

Sounds familiar... Hmm...

Last edited:
So I've been busy making more sandboxes, sorry if someone else was doing it, but do you think I went overboard with this one in particular? Especially Noa and Zagi.

Edit: Naw, don't worry about the tierings, those are just there as tests.

I'll help edit the tabbers and stuff.

I think I'll change the keys a bit later. Also this reminds me I should edit the scaling blog by listing them under eras since the current blog I made looks really messy.

Also should the Next be under Nexus? I was originally thought they should be separate profiles since that's also what the ultraman wiki did.

And yeah I'll just ignore the tiers and stuff for now.

I guess I could separate The Next and Nexus. Don't worry about the tabbers, too, actually. I did it like that because when I complete the code, the links aren't blue and it gets a bit hard to discern them.

Nothing seems to indicate Noa having Precognition anymore. Best is probably Clairvoyance, just like King; and at least that one has merits given he was able to know Belial's activities in Another Space.

Also, so far yes, Noa the Final is the reason he devolves. What about it? Should probably edit your comments instead of posting more.

On a side note, do you guys think the powers listed on Noa and Zagi's sandboxes look fine or do some of them seem farfetched?

Ah crap, I put precognition? Will correct.

No, haven't watched Mirrorman yet.

Anyway, new video dropped:

Also for some reason, I wasn't getting notifications here.

Naoki, I'm not too familiar with, but Junichiro is a dream come true. He is the main writer of the New Gen Ultra Fight series, and I've been wondering how he would do with a main series.

Oh right also forgot to mention the behind the scenes for Ultra Galaxy Fight 2 from the Bluray are out in raw.

There aren't any full translations so I'm not sure if there are any other important statements from the interview. But I think it was mentioned once again that Tartarus is the strongest enemy in the Ultra Series right now. And I think there was a translation saying that according to Sakamoto in the interview, unless Zero stacks both Ultimate and Shining together he doesn't stand a chance against Tartarus who transcends space-time/dimensions (时空). And Zero's next mission is learn how to use Ultimate Shining properly. So from the looks of it Zero is definitely gonna fight Tartarus again in the future.

Beyond Grimdo and Belial, huh? Also, I don't remember if it's been discussed before but Junichi's (Tartarus' VA) interview has been translated and apparently he is pretty low in the Absolutian food chain.

lmao Low 1-C Absolutians wen

Kinda had a feeling that was gonna be the case since Tsuburaya power creeps almost everyday and currently Base Zero > Showa Ultra Brothers = New Generation Strongest Form. Stack on the multipliers and what we know of about fusions, Zero should definitely be the strongest Ultra barring the God Ultras and yet Tartarus still beat him rather casually.

Are you perhaps talking about the interview with Junichi that said Tartarus is the vanguard of the Absolutians? If they said Tartarus was a foot soldier than yeah he would be pretty low on the food chain. But being a vanguard doesn't mean he's low on the food chain, it just means he's the forefront fighter of an army.

And yeah I'm not sure how this site treats transcending statements anymore but I think they no longer really affect any stats after a revision thread was made quite a while back.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure. I was notified of it in Discord, but I've yet to get the link to that translation. But if it the same one, then definitely doesn't necessarily mean he's at the bottom.

Yeah, I'm actually not at all gonna bother with getting anyone to Tier 1 anytime soon anyway. Getting to tier 2 was hard enough given TsuPro's vagueness and the site's requirements for it.

Yeah that’s probably the Junichi interview that was translated in Chinese back in April or May.

Yeah I wouldn’t really recommend it when we barely got Low 2-C.

Last edited:
Pretty much.

Ah, right. So what do you guys think about the trailer? One of the first I noticed is the CG, not exactly Hollywood level but that's fine, because it reminded me of Saga's which was honestly one of the best.

Another thing that's pretty much confirming one of my earliest observation is how exactly the Circle Arms was framed in that one shot. I thought the poster was interesting because it did a similar thing in framing it in that specific way. Guess Circle Arms might be the Eternity Core, or holds it, or is the one weapon capable of matching it.

Back