• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

@Peter1129
Yeah, okay, it does say that; what the hell? Isn't Gai somewhat comparable to him in that form? Well at the very least, he'd only possibly scale. Weirdly enough, I have been itching to make them both at a higher level than believed when I first planned for Orb's profile.

Also, a thing I noticed in the sandboxes is probably only Lifting Strength, X and Leo haven't been updated to Class M+.

Pretty sure human form Gai has only been shown to be comparable to human form Juggler. Also it’s not really the first time we see small enemies having the power to take down giant enemies. Back in Mega Monster Battle a small Armored Mephilas was able to one shot a Reionics Alien Temperor and his Arigera.

There was like a very brief fight between the two in Episode 16, but again, it's unlikely usable given that it was really only that one time.

I forgot about that, so I'm gonna take a look at it. Speaking of which, has it ever been clarified whether they are weaker when small?

One more thing, is there a Zero SCW or other databooks? I need to know what kinda structure a universe in Ultraman actually is. Taiga had a brief touch on it, in which he calls the universe infinite rather than imply it to be some sort of 4D structure. It just spiked an anxiety in me.

Yeah I don’t think a brief fight could count. Cause for all we know Majin form Juggler was holding back.

Remember Zero in Ultraman Saga? He couldn’t use his true power because he got smaller since Taiga didn’t want to transform.

I tried to find it but nobody posted Japanese scans of the Belial Galactic Empire SCW. The only one I could find was the official chinese translated one that somebody posted and I have no clue how accurate the official chinese translations are compared to the original Japanese scans. Also even in the chinese translated SCW they don’t say much about the multiverse that we didn’t already know from the movie.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess. And yeah, Armored Mephilas is one of those few who could also fight against monsters despite the size difference.

Ah crap. Well, I'll see what I can scavenge from it.

Edit: Yeah nevermind, I couldn't make out anything. Just in case though, is the translation of the Multiverse about the same as said in the movie or does it have extra expansions?

Last edited:

I made a bit of a change for the second draft, finally, and does the new direction seem clearer than the previous one? I will complete it soon and when it comes to pictures, I might ultimately make it a CRT where I can link the pictures more easily.

Yeah the 2nd draft is rather short and simple. Although I also kinda liked the first draft being a bit more detailed. I think both versions have their ups and downs so ehh I guess just use whichever one you think works better.

I just figured since most of them sorta speaks for themselves and having no true generalized statement meant that it'd be unnecessary for all the extra info. Then again, I guess it can't hurt to be just a bit sure, so I will see that the pros of both being integrated.

Also, I can't believe how ridiculously potent even biological type corruption in Ultra can be. The Kugutsu for example, even if traces of the poison itself is removed, the effects can still be reactivated. Then there's Devil Splinters, and as seen from Belial before, just having his DNA, a biological stuff, can affect someone down to their souls.

Yeah like a lot of abilities and stuff are missing from the profiles. After I basically update the tiers and stuff and Mr.Cutlery finishes his blog we will probably make a general abilities revision thread so that the current profiles will have the missing abilities added on. Once all that is done we should be free to make new profiles.

Also just saw the strongest non-smurf thread. Nice so Greeza is now the 4th strongest non-smurf 3-A.

Ah, yes yes, Empowerment should be on pretty much every Ultra. And yeah, once I get my blog done, we'll be getting a whole lot more powers and abilities for mostly the Ultras.

Damn, I only left for a lil bit. Still, very cool to see him taking a spot.

Yeah Greeza is probably the only 3-A in the Ultra Series that could get a spot on the non-smurf thread. Mostly because 5th place is taken by the 3-A Dragon Ball characters who could AP stomp the 3-A Ultra Series characters. And Greeza is like the only thing in the series that can’t be taken down due to AP. Actually maybe Leugocyte as well if it stays in its gas form. I don’t think DB characters have non-physical interaction and the ones that have existence erasure are Low 2-C or higher. But Leugocyte doesn't have any Hax to take down DB 3-As like Greeza. So yeah I guess in the end it’s still only Greeza that could take a spot.

Last edited:

Updated again. What should I add or take away? Other than the inclusion of some of the first draft's details.

Also, does anyone know any other noteworthy lifting feats in the series? I was planning on proposing Mirror Knight's dome supporting one of Malebrandes' "fingers" but I'm not sure if we can somehow scale to his physicals in the first place.

I’m an idiot. Spent the past two days studying for my exam only to find out I misread the date of the exam for next Tuesday as this Tuesday.

Anyways the sandbox looks pretty good. Though if you are on a laptop or pc you could just right click the time of the video you want to save and link it into the sandbox rather than writing out the time separately.

And sorry don’t really remember any impressive lifting strength.

Wow. At least now you have even more time to study.

Ah, I know about that, but I kinda don't feel like linking the same video over and over when all the info is situated at relatively close points between one another.

Bummer. Well, I'll just keep looking. Current stats' are good, but somehow feel underwhelming given where the Ultras' tiers sit at this point. Best alternative is Stellar to Multi-Stellar LS via TK.

Ahh I see.

Btw just want to know. Is Ultraman’s current High 4-C calc for making a constellation by moving stars or what?

Yes, that's the feat. Also wondering if I should update it by clarifying the feat plus the addition of TK LS.

Yeah cause like general consensus I’ve seen with that scene seems to be Ultraman telekinetically moving stars to create constellations but than I saw that the blog said he created constellations so I was wondering if that calc needed to be updated.

I’m an idiot. Spent the past two days studying for my exam only to find out I misread the date of the exam for next Tuesday as this Tuesday.

Anyways the sandbox looks pretty good. Though if you are on a laptop or pc you could just right click the time of the video you want to save and link it into the sandbox rather than writing out the time separately.

And sorry don’t really remember any impressive lifting strength.
ultraman hikari lifted a big land mass with TK in the mebius gaiden.
Cosmos pushed a planet back to orbit with his power

Kinda, I guess?

Also, what do y'all reckon might happen to Ultraman's rating now that his primary feat was revealed to be through TK? Think we could potentially lose it? My worry is that we're not sure whether it translates to his raw power overall.

Yeah like that’s what I’m kinda worried about. Best case scenario Ultraman still scales like how MLP characters used to be tier 4 for telekinetically moving the Sun using their magic before finding out they have tier 3 feats in the canon comic. Worst case scenario we need to find a new feat to scale the low tiers to. Which means Zetton’s Solar System busting might or might not become an outlier. At best we could only give them a possibly 4-B due to Zetton’s statement if Ultraman does lose his High 4-C rating as no other feats during the early Showa Era comes close to Zetton’s solar system busting statement.

Cause like the only other Solar System statement in the Showa Era was from Margodon who is canonically second only to Grand King in the Showa Era.

Last edited:
By all means, Vacuumon still exists so we might not have too much to worry about.

Margodon does come close, but I'm not sure if the wiki would accept just being a threat to the solar system, plus the method in which he was portrayed as likely not adding up to the idea that he can destroy it.

There is another potential tier 4 feat. In ultraman 80 ep 19 there is a rouge star threathing to crash into earth. The goverment blows it up with powerful nukes. There were 4 planets caught in the blast. The main monster is a kaiju whose planet was blowed but survived the blast

@Mr.Cutlery I mean Vacuumon is stronger than Zetton II though. Like Jack needed the Ultra Bracelet to beat Vacuumon while for Zetton II he just beat him normally without it. And Vacuumon's planet compression at least according to what DontTalk calced on the q&a thread I made is only High 4-C if I remember correctly. So right now we have the problem of Ultraman might not have a valid High 4-C feat anymore while a monster stronger than Zetton II who is stronger than the original Zetton with the 4-B feat is just High 4-C and the second strongest monster in Showa has a 4-B overtime statement.

And yeah they actually only said Margodon might destroy the solar system if left unattended to. So yeah this might not even be a valid 4-B feat as its overtime rather than instant like Zetton's solar system busting statement.

@Setsuna_tenma Problem is we don't know how far Gaus was from Red Rose when it was blown up which meant that it's unlikely he'd have survived the total blast of the bomb. To be fair, though, it's likely to land in 4-C still even if we consider that.

There was a concluded value for the Earth compression feat? Also, I don't think that just because he used a weapon means that Vacuumon would be stronger than Zetton II.

At the very least, it was also theorized that Margodon could freeze the sun in some manner. Low 4-C according to a calc on Samus' page, but it should still be something.

DontTalk did make this calc here which is 1.584 Foe

I mean Vacuumon was actually able to damage Jack via the compression while Zetton II's trillion degree fireball which is where the 4-B statement was for was blocked by Jack rather easily and later on Jack was the one with the upper hand throughout the fight before Alien Bat joined in to double team him. So yeah coupled with the fact that Vacuumon required the Ultra Bracelet which is stronger than Jack's normal power to be killed it does seem to be overall stronger than Zetton II.

But yeah this is just the worse case scenario. So lets just hope the constellation feat still scales to Ultraman.

Last edited:
Oh damn, I thought I saw that.

It's very likely Jack had some level of power increase, I mean he was beaten by Nackle and Black King, which happened well after Vacuumon's episode and that two-parter was meant to be some sorta development for him. Doesn't Showa treat any final monsters as being superior to any previous ones?

Edit: Taking into account that it's a worst case scenario, yeah, let's hope it simply doesn't go that way.

Not really. In Ultraman Taro, its made very clear that Alien Valky isn't the strongest enemy in the series as beings like Alien Temperor exist. In Ultraseven, its stated that King Joe is the strongest monster in the series not Pandon who was defeated by an out of energy Seven who can't shoot beams twice.

But yeah during the Showa Era, final bosses aren't really considered the strongest they are only considered the last. Although majority of them still consider the final boss to be the strongest. Ultraseven, Return of Ultraman, and Ultraman Taro are honestly the only exception during the Showa Era.

In Ultraman, Zetton was considered the strongest monster. In Ultraman Ace, Jumbo King was stated to be the strongest super monster. In Ultraman Leo, Black End was stated to be the strongest saucer creature. In Ultraman 80, Margodon was stated to be the strongest enemy (And since 80 was the last Showa series prior to Ultraman Story this also means its the second strongest monster next to Grand King during the Showa Era). Don't know much about Joneus' series The Ultraman.

And yet Margodon got killed by UGM crews, this is somehow impressive for the humanity and embarrassing for Margodon considering he's the strongest enemy lel

For real. Margodon had so much hype in series and yet because they wanted to show that the humans could fight off monsters themselves they decided to have UGM beat Margodon by freezing and than shattering him with a wrecking ball.

Like at least Zetton defeated Ultraman before being one shot by the SSSP. Same with King Joe stomping Seven before being taken down by the Ultra Guard.

At the very least, it meant that both 80 and Yullian gets to fight, aye?

But I guess that's true, about finalmons not necessarily being the most powerful.

Yeah at least 80 and Yullian fought in the episode just before the final episode.

This is also kind of a thing with Max and by extension Z as well. Like Giga Berserke is by all means the strongest monster in Ultraman Max in terms of pure raw power but when you factor in the Hax theres IF and Madeus who should both be stronger overall when compared to Giga Berserke. And in Ultraman Z we have the famous Hax monster Greeza who raw power wise is weaker than Destrudos but you know Hax and all that so technically stronger overall.

Anyway since there isn’t much to do right now. What’s your top 5 favorite op of each era (Showa, Heisei, New Generation).

Back