• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Oh right also just saying I figured out a way to view the images on the scaling blog again. So for the images that can't be viewed just replace the words tiebapic in the link with imgsrc or imgsa. Both works. But just in case I'll probably slowly replace them all with imgur links later on.

Oh damn, now that's very great news. A lot of them were repeats, but it's not like I wouldn't want to occasionally return to it. And yeah, replacing them would be best.

I appreciate the help but don't think you could since this is a blog and not a sandbox so I don't think you can edit it.

Ahh I see. Sure I guess. Though I was thinking we should also translate the parts of the images that mention the multiplier or scaling so I’m not sure if you would want to do that since that’s gonna take a really long time to do.

No Gridman’s profile doesn’t exist at least not that I know of. How strong are the Gridman characters? I haven’t really rewatched the original series so I don’t really know how impressive they are.

Wait separate space-times as in an entirely new space-time/universe or just a mini space-time pocket dimension like Shining Zero’s Shining Field?

Okay I think I finally got all the multiplier images in an Imgur with translations of the multiplier statements from the images. Now I just need to replace the ones on the blog with them. I’ll work on the scaling images later on.

Oh right we never wrote a summary or anything for X. Though I mean it’s not like we know anything about X. Like we straight up don’t know anything about where he came from.

That would be my fault.

So if we were to write one now, I'd probably word it like...

"Hailing from unknown spaces, X came to the solar system engaged in combat with the Void Monster Greeza. After a desperate move done to incapacitate the creature, a phenomenon that would be dubbed the Ultra Flare was triggered, destroying the Ultra's physical form and forcing him to take a data-based physiology, reliant on a host. X would later defeat Greeza, and regain his body after a miraculous victory against the Demon Beast Zaigorg. From there on, X would go on to traverse the multiverse alongside fellow New Generation Ultras, facing the many threats that would arise."

Any alteration to compress it or do better wording is welcome, I'm just setting a base.

So you know how I've started putting all the images in an Imgur with translations recently? Yeah so after I went through the multipliers and stuff I realized I actually got a few mistakes here and there in the multipliers as I just took most of them off Tieba without checking if the translations were correct or if I read them correctly.

So 80 actually never had an Ultra Ray Lance being 3x Taro's Ultra Lance statement. It was actually 80's Ultra Aura is 3x his Ultra Ray Lance statement.

Also Power Tiga's 3x statement is actually only talking about one of his physical techniques being 3x stronger than his headbutt. It's not actually anything important.

And not related to the mistakes but I found out that one of Andro Melos's Grantector statement also says that Gua can create a space where his targets abilities (Speed, power, and etc.) are cut to 1/3 of what it is supposed to be. So that's pretty cool.

Also I've been wondering about 何倍 (Many times) vs 数倍 (Several times) for a while now because Power Tiga also had a 何倍 (Many times) statement so I decided to just go and search it up real quick and this is what I found from this site.

「何倍」の「倍」の意味は、「ある量をその量と同じだけさらに増やしたもの」です。そのため、2倍と言うことも出来ます。「何倍」の場合は、2倍よりも更に大きい数量ということになります。同じ数以上の物を更に加える、もっと足して多くする、同じ数を何度か加えるという意味があります。「何倍」の場合は、数が多いということはわかりますがそれがどれくらいかは具体的にわからない状態です。それでも、沢山という意味で使われます。

The meaning of the word "倍 double" in "何倍 many times" is "an amount of something that is increased by an additional amount equal to that amount." Thus, it can be said to be twice as much. In the case of "何倍 many times," the quantity is even greater than twice. It means to add more than the same number of things, to add more, or to add the same number several times. In the case of "何倍 many times," we know that it is a large number, but we don't know exactly how large it is. Still, it is used to mean a lot.

So in Japanese, many times is not greater than several times. It is just another way to say more than two. So many times is actually at least 3 just like several times and not at least 4. So in terms of Japanese words for multipliers

数倍/何倍 (Several times/Many times) = >2 (3 or more)

桁違い (Order of magnitude) = 10

十数倍 (Closest word in English is Dozen times) = 11-19

数十倍/何十倍 (Tens of times) = 20-99

So yeah probably gonna go and overhaul the scaling blog once I've got every image in an Imgur and the final episode of Decker drops.

Last edited:
So there might be several drops in the overall scaling. Oof. Big oof. Well I guess that's fine in keeping the manageability of the power ceilings, though I can already see this creating problems for Power/Speed Type changes as it probably won't create as much difference now.

Yeah lots of small drops to the scaling that adds up once I finish. Power Type changes have always been several times though so it's not like there's a difference all this means is that Tiga no longer has a direct 3x statement. And we never really had a statement that said how fast Speed Type changes are outside of that one English Dub statement for Sky Type Tiga. The only thing that's changed is that forms like Future Mode Cosmos, Crusher Mode Justice, Ultimate Zero, Ginga Strium, Knight Victory, Exceed X, and Photon Earth Taiga are only gonna be at least 3x instead of at least 4x now. Though personally I still believe these forms for the New Generation and Zero are their equivalents of Super Forms and should be 5x boost instead like Gamma Future Z and Magnificent Geed.

Though should we really treat Ultimate Zero as 3x? Cause we know that Strong-Corona is Zero’s equivalent of a Power Type (Several times boost) and it’s shown very clearly in Ultra Zero Fight that Ultimate is supposed to be slightly stronger than Strong-Corona. So shouldn’t Ultimate Zero still be 4x for being a many times statement on top of being shown to be a greater boost than another several times/many times form? Photon Earth Taiga and the other New Generation forms also have a similar case. Like Photon Earth Taiga is stronger than Titas who is the Tri Squad equivalent of Power Type and if I recall Gomora Armor has a statement of increasing X’s power by several times and that armor is weaker than Zetton Armor which is in turn weaker than Exceed X.

I don't see why the Super Forms couldn't be negotiated to have a higher myltiplier given those reasonings. If there's the possibility of retaining some of the higher ratings, should probably take it. If only, for me, to have a multiplier that can help the Ultras in case they get outpaced in other departments.

IMG_2459.png

IMG_2458.png

found this lol. Totally a fake

Yeah this is just a joke made by the Chinese fandom. The title 归曼演义 is based on a Chinese fanfiction on how Jack claims he’s the strongest due to his bracelet and basically kills Legend.

Last edited:
By the way is there a databook about Ultra can made contellation ? Because there someone downplay that feat with saying that constellation is not big as real one.

Rule 1 of Showa, if it happens to be a thing of cosmic scale, never presume there is a side intention of it being a controlled scenario. Besides, what's so crazy about it being a full-sized constellation anyway? Especially when stuff like Vacuumone exists.

Regardless, there should be one, like that book that seems to be a novelization of the episode for some reason. Though I've never quite picked out what exactly to look at in that one.

Rule 1 of Showa, if it happens to be a thing of cosmic scale, never presume there is a side intention of it being a controlled scenario. Besides, what's so crazy about it being a full-sized constellation anyway? Especially when stuff like Vacuumone exists.

Regardless, there should be one, like that book that seems to be a novelization of the episode for some reason. Though I've never quite picked out what exactly to look at in that one.
I know but still kinda made me fell annoyed about people downplay the feat itself. That why i wonder if there databook about ultraman capable made himself or Kaiju into constellation ?

The queen herself has come? We know shit’s boutta go down.

Anyways, I’ve rewatched Nexus and the series just feels rushed and trimmed to an extreme degree, like the difference between episodes that Himeya was deunamist and Ren was deunamist is a lot. But other than that, the series has themes and narrative that’s way more fancy than later Ultra series’s.

Yup

I remember there was a Bilibilituber that made a video on what happened to Ultraman Nexus a while back based on all the infos on Project N from databooks and interviews that he dug up and there actually weren't that many episodes that were removed as people initially thought. Like yeah sure there were a few episodes missing but it wasn't an entire 13 episode season that was cut like some people believed.

How long did Ren's arc still ended up being again? And considering there was still Nagi and later Komon to handle, I don't think Ren could've feasibly had as long an arc as Himeya regardless.

Plus, long arc or no, we still miraculously scored some nice Probability and Fate Manipulation for Nexus. Throw in Quantum Resistance for him as well, actually.

I remember there was a Bilibilituber that made a video on what happened to Ultraman Nexus a while back based on all the infos on Project N from databooks and interviews that he dug up and there actually weren't that many episodes that were removed as people initially thought. Like yeah sure there were a few episodes missing but it wasn't an entire 13 episode season that was cut like some people believed.
Doesn’t change a fact that Ren was a wasted potential, kinda sucked for me since he was a fun character.
How long did Ren's arc still ended up being again?
12 episodes in total.

I think Mother Sphere is probably the Sphere on Mother Spheresaurus’s chest. So anyways episode was pretty good though it sucks that the space battle between Trigger and Mother Spheresaurus was not shown. Agams redemption was short and honestly I don’t really know how I feel about how fast it went but ehh nothing I can do about it.

So next episode seems to be Glitter Trigger Eternity, Dynamic Type Decker, Hanejiro Terraphaser, Nursedessei, GUTS Gryphon vs Mother Spheresaurus + Remaining Spheres on Earth. And from the looks of it Trigger seems to be trying to absorb the Eternity Core’s energy from Mother Spheresaurus in an attempt to strengthen himself and weaken Mother. But like he kind of already tried something similar to that against 2nd Form Megalohtor and that didn’t work so I really don’t think this will be the way to win. Really don’t see how they can win with this current set up. Though I guess they could always just go the Dyna route and have Decker’s emotions amp him to the point where he one shots Mother Spheresaurus. But I doubt people nowadays will accept an ending like so I don’t think they’ll do that either.

I think Mother Sphere is probably the Sphere on Mother Spheresaurus’s chest. So anyways episode was pretty good though it sucks that the space battle between Trigger and Mother Spheresaurus was not shown. Agams redemption was short and honestly I don’t really know how I feel about how fast it went but ehh nothing I can do about it.
Could be the thing on her chest (Though I’m very certain that that’s her energy source) or the monster itself. Yeah it was very shortlived, like man’s redemption went from: redemption -> fighting together -> gets annihilated.
Really don’t see how they can win with this current set up. Though I guess they could always just go the Dyna route and have Decker’s emotions amp him to the point where he one shots Mother Spheresaurus.
They’ll pull a Z again i’d reckon or just amp the living shit out of Kanata with Eternity Core energy till he’s full.

Well with Z and Destrudos it was kind of understandable as Destrudos wasn't really shown to be this insanely powerful final boss that is leagues above the Ultra and it still looked beatable in the finale. But Mother Spheresaurus on the other hand has been hyped up by Agams for ages with the Spheres supposedly being laws of the universe, Mother being beyond space and time, and her just stomping Glitter Trigger Eternity and everybody else. Not to mention mere Sphere Soldiers were nearly beating Dynamic Type Decker through Sphere Monster teamwork alone.

And that's not even counting the Eternity Core which Mother Spheresaurus hasn't even begun to absorb yet. And that thing has been hyped up even more than Mother with it potentially being capable of destroying the multiverse when it runs amok. Also Trigger stealing the show really isn't a good way for the finale to go considering how this show is called Ultraman Decker and not Ultraman Trigger.

Last edited:
In comparison Destrudos was extremely mechanical, perfected through experience and calculations despite being outfitted with D4, whereas Mother is this completely enigmatic hive mind entity capable of assimilating more into itself. So yeah, with the Core now entering its system, ain't no way it's a normal final boss type. At least when it happened with Belial, there was King to back them with.

Overall though, I don't have too much problems with the way the episode went, as in hindsight, still having to tie up Agams' story while putting Mother back into the game was bound to create some limitations.

Back