• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doen't retcon but it shows that Sonic wasn't at full power in any of their previous fights so scaling is out.
But Sonic’s scaling comes from when he isn’t at his “limit”. Egg Beater vs Sonic was the only time Sonic’s “limit” was declared in the entire comic.

Eggman has canonically no super speed whatsoever. Him reacting to Sonic is either PIS or Sonic holding back.
This was an Eggman Robotnik created for the Comic right after Sonic 2, when Eggman outran Sonic for the Death Egg Robot(his only base speed feat at the time). I have no idea what non-existent statement you are using to say Archie’s don’t scale to each other.

Last edited:
For the record, I also find it suspicious to scale everybody to Sonic at his displayed peak, when they have no feats anywhere near this scale of their own, rather than consider it as Marvel and DC style plot-induced stupidity outliers, but this is probably not the right place to discuss the subject in. It is better if Matthew starts a thread about it later.

I do have an explanation that makes everyone scales work but I’m saving it for when Matt makes that Low 2-C thread. Right now, I’m just focused on SWATbots and Robotnik scaling.

Knuckles for being a Living Chaos Emerald makes him Low 2-C in nature, so him casually breaking a Chaos Emerald and Chaos Emeralds tanking the epicenter of a Low 2-C explosion is not an Outlier.

Knuckles for being a Living Chaos Emerald makes him Low 2-C in nature, so him casually breaking a Chaos Emerald and Chaos Emeralds tanking the epicenter of a Low 2-C explosion is not an Outlier.
Knuckles almost died lifting a power plant and that's literally his best feat in the comics.

He also got hurt by a tree,

* in the same issue that the Chaos Emeralds survived the epicenter of a Low 2-C explosion,

* in the same issue that had Knuckles looking for a Chaos Emerald to replace the one he himself shattered with brute force.

The Comic/The Story considers it one and the same. So calling Low 2-C Emeralds and a tree existing scaling to Knuckles together an Outlier when it’s done by the intent of the same writer for the same single issue is not an argument.

image0.jpg

Last edited:
Again, further arguments about the overall scaling of the entire verse will be done in your Low 2-C thread, Matt.

But @Antvasima and @Elizhaa, for SWATbots and Robotnik specifically, what do you think so far? Are there still questions about what I have presented?

Last edited:
The Comic/The Story considers it one and the same. So calling Low 2-C Emeralds and a tree existing scaling to Knuckles together an Outlier when it’s done by the intent of the same writer for the same single issue is not an argument.
It makes it obvious that the author didn't see any Low 2-C feat at all when writing.

You are reaching right now.

"Unimaginable raw energy erupts,

literally bending time and space!

It makes it obvious that the author didn't see any Low 2-C at all
The walls containing The Zone's realitty begin warping wildly!

The Zone can no longer contain itself -- it swells --- it cracks ---

It Explodes!!"

image0.jpg

It makes it obvious that the author didn't see any Low 2-C at all

image0.jpg

You are reaching.

By your definition, they didn't know what a Multiverse is or what writing is either.

Last edited:
The zone is tiny they even say it's a special stage like the games you omit context

riRRH4G.jpg

It was found beneath a ******* treet and it's called "The same kind of action zone found in all sonic games."

It's a Special Stage zone. It's a small pocket dimension.

Last edited:
First of all, I do agree with Elixer Blue that it is a legit Low 2-C durability feat, but I'm not here I'm not here to debate whether or not it's an outlier for Sonic or Knuckles, but I do agree with the notion that "Everyone being Low 2-C" sounds outlierish. Said topic would needs its own thread if it is however. But I mostly skimmed through the thread so I'm not sure if that's being proposed. It's especially outlierish for Eggman being Low 2-C. And we definitely can't scale that to a bunch of mooks such as the SWATbots. I'm pretty much in agreement Archie comics follow some real inconsistent trends that Marvel and DC Comics do.

Anyway, I'm only getting a few details out of the way and making sure this stays civil. I know Elixer Blue is usually well behaved and tries to be reasonable as are Shake and Maverick. But Matt was told to avoid using terms like "LOL." I also agree with a lot of things Elizhaa said.

I strongly agree with Medeus. Matthew is likely correct about that we should not scale everybody to Sonic at his peak, but Sonic's own statistics seem legitimate.

On the other hand, Matthew also seems to be derailing, and has been told to be polite to people who disagree with him.

I’ll continue to debate with anyone who is not Matt at this point when it comes to Archie Sonic’s verse.

I felt a lot of points I’ve made were ignored and derailed for an agenda.

I want to continue chatting about this verse to make it as accurate as possible, but I’d like to discuss it was a staff member who is respectful.

It's especially outlierish for Eggman being Low 2-C. And we definitely can't scale that to a bunch of mooks such as the SWATbots.

I only brought up Knuckles and Chaos Emeralds’s Low 2-C durability because Matt kept repeatedly asking for a Low 2-C feat (masking it by asking for a building level feat) from them, which would be breaking the Master Emerald, but he keeps deflecting by using how the games portrayed them, when that does not matter to Archie canon.

The Chaos Emeralds only broke twice in Archie Canon.

1. Knuckles, who is also stated to be a Chaos Emerald by birth.

2. Eggman or his Shadow Bots.

If you are asking for consistency, this wouldn’t put Chaos Emerald’s Low 2-C durability into question, since they got broke by one of their own and got shattered by the characters consistently fighting Sonic, who has his own unrelated Low 2-C feats.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much in agreement Archie comics follow some real inconsistent trends that Marvel and DC Comics do.
You would think that, till you reeeeaallllllyyy look into the Archie’s World Building, a benefit Archie has that Marvel and DC can’t because Marvel and DC are suppose to take place in our real world. But that’s a conversation unrelated to this thread.

Last edited:
What do you think that we should do here Medeus and Elizhaa?

The game comparassion doesn't even work because the ME only got destroyed by Chaos and Knuckles in the games, so even that is BS

I do know the Chaos Emeralds have more lore than the game counterparts and that the Chaos Emeralds are very durable, even its own Low 2-C durability feats. I'm not even an expert on Archie Sonic, but I do know the Master Emerald isn't quite the glass cannon it is in the games yes.

I'm still fine with base Sonic characters being Low 2-C, but looking at the profiles, it still says Swat Bots are considered cannon fodder who are above Shadow Bots looking at scan in their profile. Which is why I feel as if a Shadow Bot destroying a Chaos Emerald seems like an Outlier.

And I didn't mean it's quite the same level, but it does share some notable problems which includes multiple writers doing their own things.

Er, the SWATbots profile is what I intended to fix. They may have been fodder in their final prominent arc, Endgame, but they were still a threat to them as kids. That, and Sonic seems consistently stronger when he is angry throughout the comic, which he very much was throughout the Endgame arc.

User, it’s ok. DDM did a quick skim of the thread. If he is interested in debating, I can address his questions as they come.

But thank you for the support. :)

As for Matt, I will no longer respond to, since he has proven enough times to not be helpful in anyway on this thread. If @DarkDragonMedeus or @Elizhaa ask the same question, I will answer.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Emerl also breaks it in Battle at the end, but Emerl was the strongest back then so it's alright, but in the same game Eggman with a hammer can break the chaos emeralds, which is more like glass cannon

The Chaos Emeralds are vessels. They're literally stones. What makes them powerful is the energy they contain not their physical shell.

Sigh...

While my scaling is still valid for the reasons I've stated, Matt has derailed this thread enough that I don't believe it can be salvage without some effort.

Since DDM and Elizhaa has expressed their disinterest because of their lack of knowledge in the verse and I refuse to further engage with Matt due to him pretending to be knowledgable about the verse (despite several beginners mistaken facts he has made) and his behavior in the thread.

He's talking about me because I disagree on a Sonic thread lol

He doesn't even acknowledge his behavior, despite other Staff Members pointing it out.

Well, to be fair, you seem to have derailed a thread that does not directly deal with what you want to do. It is better to start your own discussion about the subject.

So, if other Staff Members believe there is nothing more to discuss, close the thread (Matt doesn't close the thread).

If you can believe there are further things to discuss on the Robotnik or/and SWATbot scaling, let's continue talking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back