• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like how DemonicDude plays exaggerated version of himself on Vsbattle wiki 🤯

Agreed.
If you ever ask any professional wrestling fan who has been watching since 1980s they will tell you following are the most important figures in the history of WWE
1- Hulk Hogan for popularizing in the 1980s with his American hero character
2- The Undertaker and everything that he has done with his mysterious undead character which parents of the entire lore of the verse to the point WWE introduced his evil brother Kane and even made comic book of them
3- Steven Austin for 1997-2003 for the entire Attitude Era.
4- SOLID number four would be John Cena for Is humongous popularity playing the next big American Hero role selling millions in merchandise sales and becoming the perfect top guy for WWE and and a hero for children's all around the world. His feats of throwing people off of the roof of a car or surviving car crashes for lifting some of the most heaviest people is the reason behind the power scaling in the verse.

Today due to Hollywood movies people have really forgotten who John Cena was And how he is responsible for over two decades of carrying the company on his shoulders.

Do you mean shit like commercials and ads?
I mean media in which he portrays John Cena, wrestler.

While it's not John Cena specifically, I think the funniest example is another character that was mentioned to stay, Stone Cold Steve Austin's apparent appearance in the ******* Smosh movie, portraying Stone Cold Steve Austin, which really caught me off-guard.

I mean media in which he portrays John Cena, wrestler.

While it's not John Cena specifically, I think the funniest example is another character that was mentioned to stay, Stone Cold Steve Austin's apparent appearance in the ******* Smosh movie, portraying Stone Cold Steve Austin, which really caught me off-guard.
I mean... playing the role of a fictional character in a fictional movie shouldn't be something egregious, right?

Random have you seen this ?
I'm watching it for refreshing my memory on this great company. It makes me wanna watch 1970 and 1960 matches of Bruno Samuntrio, Bob Backlund and Pedro Morals (whose championship record Roman Reigns might've broken this year)

Random have you seen this ?
I'm watching it for refreshing my memory on this great company. It makes me wanna watch 1970 and 1960 matches of Bruno Samuntrio, Bob Backlund and Pedro Morals (whose championship record Roman Reigns might've broken this year)

I know it exists, but I haven't watched it yet.

I mean... playing the role of a fictional character in a fictional movie shouldn't be something egregious, right?
I think you can probably guess my interpretation of it, and I can probably guess yours, so I don't think there's much merit to discussing it, but still, just so I can be clear: Steve Austin, John Cena, etc, playing their played-up bits across other media, is a good indicator, I think, that it is not a WWE-created character but rather a persona they themselves use. These two individuals in particular have multiple appearances as "themselves" in which they portray their supposed WWE character, that's damn good evidence to blurring reality-fiction, which is a second point against them in terms of deletion in conjunction with the name thing.

I think MJF should stay (MJF is an abbreviation of his name which isn't his as his name is Maxwell T. Friedman, not Maxwell Jacob Friedman).
I see no major difference between Theory and Ellsworth though. If Ellsworth should go Theory as well.
I am neutral on Randy but I think the rest of the OP is accurate.

You will be missed Cena 😔

I think MJF should stay (MJF is an abbreviation of his name which isn't his as his name is Maxwell T. Friedman, not Maxwell Jacob Friedman).
He's an exaggerated version of himself something staff don't like.

I see no major difference between Theory and Ellsworth though. If Ellsworth should go Theory as well.
Theory actually plays a major role in the narrative of the verse as opposed to Ellsworth, who's a complete joke.

Personally speaking I believe that both The Rock and Cena are fine to stay, their WWE characters are not only very important but they were played well before both of them began their own career and become the personalities they are currently.

However there is something I would like to ask a bit unreleated but at the same time relevant for the verse. As far I understand the current changes are with the purpose of separate the real individuals from the characters and make the distinction between reality and fiction much more clear correct? Because if that's indeed the case then shouldn't the information related with the real persons be removed from their played character? Like to give an example of what I mean, shouldn't the mention of the vertigo case (as well as his other long lasting injuries) that Tyson Smith suffered for three years as result of his injuries be something to remove from Kenny Omega profile? After all it wasn't something scripted and it was a real life thing that the real life person needed to go through while playing the character. Similar to that I remember from previous discussions that at some point were used to debate feats performed by the real individuals outside of the WWE scripts, like Kurt Angle case of winning a golden medal with a broken neck before even joining the WWE, something that currently isn't in any profile but that I bring to confirm if things like that wouldn't be allowed in the profiles and debates of the verse.

I'm asking because after the revision to the rules that was a genuine doubt I got as that would also affect how the profiles are handled and the information allowed in them.

Similar to that I remember from previous discussions that at some point were used to debate feats performed by the real individuals outside of the WWE scripts, like Kurt Angle case of winning a golden medal with a broken neck before even joining the WWE, something that currently isn't in any profile but that I bring to confirm if things like that wouldn't be allowed in the profiles and debates of the verse.
This is actually something WWE constantly mentions whenever they talk about Kurt Angle. Angle himself won't hesitate to say that he won the gold medal with a broken neck.

Because if that's indeed the case then shouldn't the information related with the real persons be removed from their played character? Like to give an example of what I mean, shouldn't the mention of the vertigo case (as well as his other long lasting injuries) that Tyson Smith suffered for three years as result of his injuries be something to remove from Kenny Omega profile? After all it wasn't something scripted and it was a real life thing that the real life person needed to go through while playing the character
That's something I can't give a confident answer on. Might have to ask DD.

I agree with your sentiment overall, though.

What qualifies to you as major???
Theory is one of the top stars in WWE currently. Hell, most of the profiles we have currently are mostly wrestlers who can be considered top stars in the company.

People like James Ellsworth and Brooklyn Brawler, who don't do much other than job to other wrestlers shouldn't be allowed imo, as their role in the narrative isn't significant in the slightest.

This is actually something WWE constantly mentions whenever they talk about Kurt Angle. Angle himself won't hesitate to say that he won the gold medal with a broken neck.
I mean, if I won a golden medal with a broken neck I would also mention that whenever I talk who wouldn't? The point was that that is a real life event (one quite big in this very particular case) outside of the WWE script so it should be used in WWE discussions or not?

I mean, if I won a golden medal with a broken neck I would also mention that whenever I talk who wouldn't? The point was that that is a real life event (one quite big in this very particular case) outside of the WWE script so it should be used in WWE discussions or not?
Yes, as it is mentioned a ton in the WWE canon.

shouldn't the information related with the real persons be removed from their played character? Like to give an example of what I mean, shouldn't the mention of the vertigo case (as well as his other long lasting injuries) that Tyson Smith suffered for three years as result of his injuries be something to remove from Kenny Omega profile?
Who says that in wrestling only SCRIPTED injuries are a thing ?
Omega and Kurt being injured in real life literally part of the verse.
The commentators talks about their injuries over and over during the matches.
Entire return of Kenny Omega a couple of years ago in AEW was due to the fact that he was injured and had to relinquish his championship belt.
His injury is integral part of the story.
(OKADA injured him his drop kick are directly compares by Omega as "Blunt Force Trauma) even major wrestling personalities and retired wrestlers considers him one of the best strikers in Japanese wrestling.
so yes it Originated from the verse itself.

by the same logic

big E live in WWE got his neck broken.
(A real life injury not fake one)
News was everywhere from ESPN, CNBC all major sporting channels.

So by that same logic Big E injury should be removed ?
That's just ridiculous it's part of the verse because it ORIGINATED in the verse and NOT real life.

Kurt angle is a different story since his injury originated outside of WWE. Even then It's HEAVILY stated by commentators over and over it's integral part of Kurt Angle's WWE character.

I'll wait for Random.

Last edited:
Entire return of Kenny Omega a couple of years ago in AEW was due to the fact that he was injured and had to relinquish his championship belt.
His injury is integral part of the stor

by the same logic

That's just ridiculous it's part of the verse because it ORIGINATED in the verse and NOT real life.

Kurt angle is a different story since his injury originated outside of WWE. Even then It's HEAVILY stated by commentators over and over it's integral part of Kurt Angle's WWE character.

I'll wait for Random.

About the Big E part, I'm not too sure if you can use that as an example right now, as it was never really incorporated into a storyline like the others you mentioned.

You're basically spot on for everything else.

About the Big E part, I'm not too sure if you can use that as an example right now, as it was never really incorporated into a storyline like the others you mentioned.
If it will then we can, so we need to wait a year or so.
As for Omega. I already in January posted him vs Osprey at Wrestle Kingdom and even if you watch AEW every week it's a constant thing mentioned by commentary and it Originated from the verse.

Just curious, but aren’t all injuries even when they’re not scripted, considered canon to wrestling with the whole “Don’t Try This At Home” advertising. I mean they once literally used a footage of Orton getting injured in a house show

Just curious, but aren’t all injuries even when they’re not scripted, considered canon to wrestling with the whole “Don’t Try This At Home” advertising. I mean they once literally used a footage of Orton getting injured in a house show
No.

The advertisement shouldn't be taken into consideration as that's all it is. It shouldn't be taken in a vs debating context. It should be taken in the context of real life people getting trying to perform the moves trained professionals do

Personally I am a fan of roman reigns for a while now.

Besides that John Cena and Randy Orton should have the justifications to stay. I and many others have known them for years for their iconic appearance and legacy. Would prefer them staying as well

His injury is integral part of the story.
(OKADA injured him his drop kick are directly compares by Omega as "Blunt Force Trauma) even major wrestling personalities and retired wrestlers considers him one of the best strikers in Japanese wrestling.
so yes it Originated from the verse itself.

by the same logic

I'll wait for Random.

I would be fine with injuries that the characters got in middle of their matches, things like Adam Cole broken rib which was commented in the middle of the fight when it happened and showed. But cases like Tyson vertigo are different because while originated from the effects a match had in his body, he didn't discovered it until the next day on his home, and Tyson didn't even revealed the information about what he as person was suffering years after, so is something quite different to an injury that Kenny Omega could had suffered in a match, it would be like mentioning the injuries/conditions that an actor had while playing a role in said character profile (like mentioning Deep finger injury in Jack Sparrow's profile or Halley Berre broken ribs while filming Bruished be mentioned in her Jackie profile), it's a bit the same with Kurt example

So, my question to the staff is, if the point of this new rules is to differenciate the person from the character and make clear the distinction between reality and fiction, should this type of things be allowed in the profiles?

Danhausen
: While he uses his IRL surname for his wrestling name, his wrestling persona sets him completely apart from his IRL counterpart. He’s a demon who is known to curse his enemies and appear underneath the ring during the matches and claims he has supernatural powers, which he does.

And that should be everyone y'all! Now we just gotta see what staff decide gets spared or purged.

I can finally rest my fingers for a bit.
Very good video for people to understand "WHO" Danhausen is "Must watch" 👇

if you're gonna be wiping multiple time world champions from the verse, just nuke the verse.
That's just stupid lol.

People rn are fighting for people like Cena to stay, so I think people won't be too salty at the end of this thread if he ends up staying.

Question for blue names: Are y'all fine with me counting staff votes only? While you might disagree with what some of them are saying, their votes hold the most weight. I'm just asking now, because I don't want to make it seem like I'm devaluing your opinions by not counting them in the vote tally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back