• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Thing vs The Blob

This isn't Mahvel baby!

John Carpenter's The Thing against someone's The Blob.

Standard Battle Rules, winner via whoever kills the other.

The thing vs the blob by nickdraw-d4ldbsj
The Thing: 0

The Blob: 4

Inconclusive: 0

Depends the version iirc. Also depends how large the Blob is. Tbh I don't think it has cells, at least in the Remake. Besides, if the thing tries to assimilate it, the Blob will just absorb it or its acidic flesh will burn the thing.

The Blob has a page? I can't find it.

I vote for The Blob, its entire body is literally acid... therefore has no cells, no way The Thing can infect that... plus, that thing digests stuff (That means it breaks down molecules) which is something The Thing can't heal from.

The only way The Thing can win is if it infects a man, and said man can freeze it somehow...

D'oh! I was gonna make this. Anyways, The Blob probably takes this with no trouble. If The Thing tries to take it over, it'll get destroyed. If it tries to stop it, The Blob won't stop. It's sheer mass and size should take it out. The scary thing is that both have weaknesses different from each other.

Not to mention, it's duplication can be downright terrifying, and if this battle was in a place with lots of things, The Thing could be dealing with a building sized acid titan. Also, it has better Regenerationn.

Overall, The Blob takes this 1,000,000,000,000,000/1 times due to sheer size, durability, and acidic power.

THE WINNER IS THE BLOB

Back