• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Terminator feats mix up

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
So under the profile it has some abilities under the wrong key.

The Terminator, in Terminator Genisys, is a T-800 aka "Pops". But the abilities are listed under the T-850 key which is the Terminator in T3: Rise of the machines.

So either the feats shown need to be moved under the T-800, or a seperate key is needed for "Pops" in Terminator Genisys.

I thought T5 was a T-850 given that I thought T-850 refers to the upgraded T-800 in general. But I had much more major revisions such as the fact that Terminator's intelligence has been heavily downplayed in the past because there's a bunch of lore about Terminators essentially being composite humans in terms of combat experience. Plus, the Terminator is a multiverse, where the first two movies are canon to every timeline. But Dark Fate is a direct sequal, T3 and T5 are also sequels in another timeline, and Sarah Conner Chronicles and Salvation are part of a third timeline.

The other T-800 scans him and "T-800" is displayed under his HUD.

I agree, The Terminator is heavily downplayed a lot.

I have heard/agree with what you've said. I'm going to watch Dark Fate this weekend, so if you need help with the revisions, I'm more than happy to.

Anyway, what's the best option here?:

• A new key
  • A new profile
  • Any other option

Yea the Terminator page has been a little bit of a mess for a while now, some revisions and fixings would definitely be a good idea.

I saw Terminator Dark Fate and it definitely looked like there were some good supporting feats for film T-800's, Grace, and the Rev-9 that would probably yield 9-A results.

And I'd say a separate key or profile for pops would be a good idea since in a lot of Terminator vs threads I see on here some people get confused and start thinking that all T-850s have Low-High Regen when in reality they don't, it was only pops that got that ability and as the Op stated he's not even a T-850, He's a T-800.

I definitely believe the Comic book version should have its own profile, but the different movie versions could probably either be different keys or different profiles. Though, I should note that T1 and T2 are canon to every timeline as mentioned above.

Hmm, I see. T-850 are the ones made of Coltan as opposed to Titanium I know.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Hmm, I see. T-850 are the ones made of Coltan as opposed to Titanium I know.
That is correct. Their unique material substance is designed to be leads and bounds physically superior to that of a T-800's.

Aren't terminators made out of an hyper-alloy and not titanium?

So is it worth making the changes now or, since there's new stuff from Dark Fate to add and other stuff to add, just do it all in one go?

Yeah, new stuff from Dark Fate would be good; and all those keys for the different terminators would be could. And Hyper-Alloy is composed of multiple metals with and there are different types of Hyper-Alloy. The T-600s were made of Titanium and later variants had it replaced with Coltan. In T2, Arnold described the T-1000 being composed of a shape shifting Titanium Allow, and then in simplified term said "Liquid Metal".

And yeah, the new abilities can be listed with scans to back them up. For the Keys, it could look a little something like this. Also, as mentioned above, the comic versions should have their own profile.

Key: T-800 | T-850 | Guardia | Carl

Guardian aka Pops. He was called Guardian at least on the Terminator wiki, though is nicknamed Pops.

Ha, yea I had a feeling that was Pops. It's funny how the worst movie in the franchise (Genisys) features easily the most potent Film T-800 yet (Pops), thanks to the upgrade he got at the end of that movie.

Is there any reason to indicate that Carl needs a seperate key?

Everything shown in the film, that I remember, should reasonably be able to be performed by any T-800 given the same circumstances.

Colonel Krukov said:
Aren't terminators made out of an hyper-alloy and not titanium?
So is it worth making the changes now or, since there's new stuff from Dark Fate to add and other stuff to add, just do it all in one go?
The earlier models of the Terminators were constructed of materials whose composition was titanium.

@Colonel

I was wondering that myself as well. Honestly though if someone were to calc the explosion at the end of Dark Fate (The one that Carl, Grace, and the Rev-9 survived, albeit they all took heavy damage from it), I wouldn't be surprised if it yields higher results then anything else we've seen a film T-800 do before.

MJF6219 said:
@Colonel
I was wondering that myself as well. Honestly though if someone were to calc the explosion at the end of Dark Fate (The one that Carl, Grace, and the Rev-9 survived, albeit they all took heavy damage from it), I wouldn't be surprised if it yields higher results then anything else we've seen a film T-800 do before.
Although Rev-9's Liquid Metal Exterior did not. But it still showcases the best durability feat for his solid endoskeleton frame.

And I honestly thought T-850's Fuel Cell was a bit more impressive with its potency and maybe even range than that explosion in Dark Fate.

Well yea the T-850's fuel cell probably was more impressive but it doesn't scale to the T-850 or any of the terminators physically since they can't survive their own fuel cell explosion.

The explosion at the end of Dark Fate is probably the best explosion they actually could scale to physically.

MJF6219 said:
Well yea the T-850's fuel cell probably was more impressive but it doesn't scale to the T-850 or any of the terminators physically since they can't survive their own fuel cell explosion.
The explosion at the end of Dark Fate is probably the best explosion they actually could scale to physically.
But only Rev-9 took the majority of the explosion's blast. Grace, Carl, and Sarah Connor were mainly pushed away by its shockwave and some of its heat.

Would terminators qualify for some sort acausality after it should've been erased from existence? I can't remember the quote from the movie specifically so I can't remember the reasoning.

Remember spoilers...

Colonel Krukov said:
Would terminators qualify for some sort acausality after it should've been erased from existence? I can't remember the quote from the movie specifically so I can't remember the reasoning.
Remember spoilers...
Are you referring to the scene where Carl appeared mid-way throughout the movie and explained to Sarah about how he ended up where he was now?

He explicitly stated that Skynet sent him back to 1998 "prior to its erasure".

@Alien Dual Blaster

Well to be fair I've only seen the explosion like once and I can't seem to find it online anywhere.

But I'm sure when the time comes for someone to calc that explosion, there will probably be a discussion about everyone's distance from The epicenter of the explosion and all kinds of stuff of that matter.

The Hydrogen Fuel cells are stated to detonate similar to "A small Hydrogen Bomb". Hydrogen Bombs are the strongest types of nukes and they generally range from 800 Kilotons to 58 Megatons. It outright says Small Hydrogen bombs, which would be like High 7-C+, but it wouldn't scale to physical attacks.

@Colonel, that's more so the existence of alternate timelines rather than just a single timeline being altered. So I'm not sure that would qualify for Acausility. Also, I believe Carl has shown more intelligence feats than previous terminators and has some different personality.

@MJF6219, I'd personally take Genysis over Salvation. At least it had Arnold Schwarzenegger and some of the action scenes were good. But yeah, it appears to be common that among the worst entries happen to have the best feats for various verses. That's where a lot of scanners that allowed Arnold to be able to calculate probability and having pseudo precognition because of it.

MJF6219 said:
@Alien Dual Blaster
Well to be fair I've only seen the explosion like once and I can't seem to find it online anywhere.

But I'm sure when the time comes for someone to calc that explosion, there will probably be a discussion about everyone's distance from The epicenter of the explosion and all kinds of stuff of that matter.
Based on my memory (however in no longer of a fresh state), Rev-9 tanked the hydroelectric turbine's explosion at ground zero, since he was the only one pushed into it. The others were farther away from Rev-9 at the time of his denotation and before that Sarah and Dani were probably making an active effort to stay away from the turbine as much as possible and after the explosion went off, Grace, Carl, and the others were clearly outside the turbine by a few feet.

Well yea if Carl and Grace truly were a few feet away from the blasts epicenter, whoever calcs the explosion can just use inverse square law to find out how much of the explosions energy they actually survived, but considering that they really weren't that far away from the explosions epicenter, the result probably wouldn't be incredibly far off from the explosions full energy.

And IIRC wouldn't Carl have been at ground zero as well? Since wasn't he the one who shoved the Rev-9 all the way into the hydroelectric turbine, even shoving his own whole arm into the turbine as well just to make sure the Rev-9 stayed there, right?

MJF6219 said:
Well yea if Carl and Grace truly were a few feet away from the blasts epicenter, whoever calcs the explosion can just use inverse square law to find out how much of the explosions energy they actually survived, but considering that they really weren't that far away from the explosions epicenter, the result probably wouldn't be incredibly far off from the explosions full energy.
And IIRC wouldn't Carl have been at ground zero as well? Since wasn't he the one who shoved the Rev-9 all the way into the hydroelectric turbine, even shoving his own whole arm into the turbine as well just to make sure the Rev-9 stayed there, right?
Yeah, but Carl wasn't the one who got his whole endoskeleton caught in the hydroelectric turbine jamming its internal parts and causing the explosion, going all kablooey! Rev-9 was.

As you said, Carl merely played the part of pushing Rev-9 into it. He may have sticked his arm into it, but he wasn't the one taking the full power of being grinded and squished before the explosion. But he was still closer to it than Sarah, Dani, and Grace was. So there's that.

Wouldn't it actually matter since they traded blows anyway?

MJF6219 said:
Yea that's true. Carl, Grace, and the Rev-9 were all treated as being quite comparable to each other in terms of raw Ap and durability anyway.
(This site needs to implement a damn multi-quote option or something. It's irritating how you can only quote one post at a time. SMH)

Comparable yes. But Rev-9 was holding all of them off at once when he decided to stop fooling around and get serious by turning the heat up in battle.

And wasn't Grace actually mortally injured from the explosion? And iirc, parts of her body are still much closer to a human's in composition compared to both Rev-9 and Carl. And this is backed up by her body having some physical limitations (like requiring subsistence from food, water, and medicine to constantly maintain her metabolism and stamina for intensive combat).

She does have a lot of cybernetics though, but I see your point.

Rev-9 seems to be a little weaker when his skin is separated from his main body though iirc.

Colonel Krukov said:
She does have a lot of cybernetics though, but I see your point.
Rev-9 seems to be a little weaker when his skin is separated from his main body though iirc.
Grace is a cybernetically enhanced human (she said so in her own words in a later scene), but she has went on a record to explain her limitations when she first met Dani. She had to struggle to find medication and water before she hooked up with Sarah Connor.

Well it's more accurate to say that Rev-9's liquid exterior is actually weaker (despite its innate regenerative properties by virtue of being liquid) than his solid mainframe. Since this is evidenced by his solid mainframe being intact and still functioning even after the turbine explosion (though it didn't exactly come out unscathed), whereas his liquid exterior bit the dust.

Too bad we didn't get a Terminator that can turn into gas. And yeah, Rev-9's liquid properties are less advanced than the T-1000's.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Too bad we didn't get a Terminator that can turn into gas. And yeah, Rev-9's liquid properties are less advanced than the T-1000's.
Or a Terminator that can transform itself into the fourth state of matter: plasma. A good friend of mine in real-life came up with that idea in a discussion we had on the street a few years ago.

I dunno, it'd be kinda a stretch to say that Rev-9's liquid properties are less advanced than T-1000's.

It may just be that the liquid melts at a lower temperature.

As cool as seeing a gas based terminator would be, it'd probably be too OP for a script. The T-1000 was pretty much unkillable and it was pretty convenient that they managed to crash into a place where they could actually defeat it.

We'd have to heat up the gas terminator till it becomes 100% plasma/ionization to kill it. Or even better yet would be nuking them on a molecular/atomic level. And Terminator that could regenerate from a single atom would be an example that would be too OP for script however.

Back