• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Stardust Crusader faces the Ordeal of the Indigo Noon

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Joot : 7
Sweepers : 0
Incon : 0

Fight takes place in an armory, 10 meters apart
2 Sweepers are present
DiU Jotaro used

I have had enough, I'm doing it myself

Last edited:
Just realized speed isn't equal, I think the moment they even get close to Jotaro they get pulverized 100 times over

The moment Jotaro gets a glimpse of an anomaly, he will go insane. And this is the type that can make people want to kill themselves
The passive fear manip doesn't seem like an instant win, it just makes them panic a bit and they're not hitting Jotaro with any black attacks due to not having the means to get past SP without getting beaten

Even if they did according to the profile it says it'll eventually drive them to insanity, so Jotaro should be able to take some hits

Just realized speed isn't equal, I think the moment they even get close to Jotaro they get pulverized 100 times over
Speed equalized equalizes speed to the slower character so their speed gets equalized to Jotaro's. However since Star Platinum is on autopilot, there's a good chance he won't be able to perform his more complex moves like Heart grab, time stop, and most importantly, punch barrage

Even if they did according to the profile it says it'll eventually drive them to insanity, so Jotaro should be able to take some hits
They are HE anomalies which means mediocre aura and there's 2 of them so effects stack

Speed equalized equalizes speed to the slower character so their speed gets equalized to Jotaro's. However since Star Platinum is on autopilot, there's a good chance he won't be able to perform his more complex moves like Heart grab, time stop, and most importantly, punch barrage
Why are we assuming madness manip would passively make Jotaro suicidal? Insanity =/= Suicidal

Why are we assuming madness manip would passively make Jotaro suicidal? Insanity =/= Suicidal
I have learned painfully from @Lou_change that it is assumed that all effects of Panic are used when a person goes insane via Anomaly. Since they're already willing to fight, the next possible effect is suicide

I could’ve sworn Jotaro had resistance to fear stuff cause of Dio but apparently it’s nowhere to be found
This matchup is gonna get confusing for me now

I could’ve sworn Jotaro had resistance to fear stuff cause of Dio but apparently it’s nowhere to be found
This matchup is gonna get confusing for me now
Let me just give you a simple rundown

Jotaro sees Sweepers
Jotaro goes insane
Jotaro tries to kill himself
Star Platinum is a bro and keeps him from doing so
Sweepers try to kill Star Platinum who is restricted to basic moves because he's on autopilot

These guys will not retreat so it depends on how fast Star Platinum can kill them with basic moves while also taking care of his user

I just realized that Star Platinum has an AP advantage (7.83 tons to 4.9 tons). Good thing I picked DiU Jotaro

So when a stand user is affected by mind attacks the stand just works on autopilot? What about stuff like Anubis, heaven’s door, and the time Giorno made Bruno’s brain go fast or whatever and he just got punched in the face again.

So when a stand user is affected by mind attacks the stand just works on autopilot? What about stuff like Anubis, heaven’s door, and the time Giorno made Bruno’s brain go fast or whatever and he just got punched in the face again.
Jotaro is unique since Star Platinum has been been shown to do stuff despite Jotaro not having any control over it. So yes, Star Platinum himself can go on autopilot

Jotaro is unique since Star Platinum has been been shown to do stuff despite Jotaro not having any control over it. So yes, Star Platinum himself can go on autopilot
well there’s spice girl and act 3 and GER and technically chariot requiem, Anubis, cheap trick, and probably other stands, so it’s not just Jotaro
Anyways if speed isn’t equalized then I’m sure he can handle bullets and win the fight

well there’s spice girl and act 3 and GER and technically chariot requiem, Anubis, cheap trick, and probably other stands, so it’s not just Jotaro
Anyways if speed isn’t equalized then I’m sure he can handle bullets and win the fight
Speed equalized literally has no effect on Jotaro and in fact slows his opponents down
Speed equalized equalizes speed to the slower character so their speed gets equalized to Jotaro's.

Keep in mind that if the fight goes too long, Jotaro will proceed to snap his own neck. And since there are 2 sweepers, if one of them dies, the other can fully heal off their corpse. That is the best gimmick for them

DIU Jotaro's AP is
P4 Star Platinum>Morioh RHCP (7.83 tons)
Pretty decent when he is up against a 4.9 ton character.
there's a good chance he won't be able to perform his more complex moves like Heart grab, time stop, and most importantly, punch barrage
I don't know man, Star Platinum was able to grab shit Jotaro likes and placed it inside his prison cell at the start of Part 3. It literally grabbed specific shit like a shonen jump magazine which fits for Jotaro's age demographic to books such as relating to magic and mysteries which makes sense since Jotaro thinks he has a evil spirit. It had also stopped Jotaro's heart even tho Jotaro had no plan on doing that maneuver in the first place and Star Platinum on its own restarted Jotaro's heart. That shit is complex already.

Star Platinum not doing time stop on its own? Okay fine, sure thing, go ahead but saying he can't do a punch barrage or the hypothetical heart grab is kinda sus when Star Platinum was shown to do something as complex as a "heart grab" on Jotaro himself, so punch barrages should be easy as hell to do.

Aren't Sweepers capable of harming Star Platinum due to NPI? Also, Resistance Negation (which is specified to negate physical durability) comes into play.

So? Those are two different things completely.

It's cool they can hit an abstract, but hitting an abstract doesn't let you hit someone with like 100000 layers of NPI for example. And vice versa, hitting something that's on like 70 layers of NPI doesn't mean you can punch an abstract.

So? Those are two different things completely.

It's cool they can hit an abstract, but hitting an abstract doesn't let you hit someone with like 100000 layers of NPI for example. And vice versa, hitting something that's on like 70 layers of NPI doesn't mean you can punch an abstract.
I was just stating the range of their interaction, in case Stands weren't just non-corporeal. Anyway, like Baken said, how many layers of NPI are stands?

I was just stating the range of their interaction, in case Stands weren't just non-corporeal. Anyway, like Baken said, how many layers of NPI are stands?
Some Stands aren't, something like WoU is abstract, while others are physically bound or manifested, but on average, and in the case of Plat, you need NPI one step above normal NPI, like, if you can hit a ghost, that's baseline, now Stands are one step above that.

Some Stands aren't, something like WoU is abstract, while others are physically bound or manifested, but on average, and in the case of Plat, you need NPI one step above normal NPI, like, if you can hit a ghost, that's baseline, now Stands are one step above that.
I don't know how many layers specifically Abno's are, i'll check right now.

You also need ESP+1 to perceive him fyi.

Ok, and I'm assuming they can't see him too.

Meaning they have to kill Jotaro, which might be hard given invisible punch ghost.

Can Plat just not punch them really, really, hard, caving both their heads in, assuming Regen isn't applicable.

Ok, and I'm assuming they can't see him too.

Meaning they have to kill Jotaro, which might be hard given invisible punch ghost.

Can Plat just not punch them really, really, hard, caving both their heads in, assuming Regen isn't applicable.
Pretty sure regen is applicable, considering that ordeals do come back multiple times a day, but yes, I guess plat can just kill them.

Back