• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Smallville characters need their statistics revised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myself and Legion have been looking through feats for the scaling so we just need to organise them and have them calc'd. After that we can edit the profiles to reflect the new tiering.

The best feats for Early Clark seem to be 9-A. In addition I have submitted some feats to be calculated, but they haven't been yet.

I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can ask me later if you need my help.

If he is confirmed to be the exact same Supes then maybe. I think SV should get a separate verse page as it is its own continuity and isn't interconnected to the rest of the CW super shows like The Arrowverse is. Like the Nasuverse for example, Fate/stay night and Tsukihime are written by the same person and confirmed to take place in what is just a different timeline of the same multiverse but due to telling completelt different stories, sharing characters in the single digits even including extended works etc and still has separate pages.

Plus the crossover is gonna be the biggest outlier of either setting with Smallville either being immensely lowballed, the Arrowverse being highballed, or they meet somewhere in between which is still an issue lol. The only consistent thing would be SuperTom fighting Monitors again ovo

There's a few more feats for powerless Superman that substantiate his Wall level rating.

While rendered powerless by blue kryptonite, Clark launches Zod several meters with an upper cut and withstands a similar blow right after. In the climax of the battle, he's impaled by the kryptonite shard, yet is still able to survive this fall without being reduced to gore on the concrete below. Clark is nearly killed by this and the wound from the blue kryptonite, though.

In my opinion, the ratings are kind of wack. Superman's ratings are all split together, but it's pretty clear his Season 1 self is nowhere near as powerful as his Season 3 or 5 self, and his Season 6 self is also weaker than his Season 8 self.

This isn't going to be very well written, so please try to bear with me.

Strength/Durability

Season 1-3
So firstly, the 9-A feats from Season 1. In Smallville Season 1, Episode 12, Clar withstands a truck explosion at a great range and is bruised by the debris. In Season 1, Episode 21, the same kind of explosion barely affects him. They even mention this outright

• Clark: (Still descending the stairs) What do you think caused the explosion?
  • Jonathan: Son, my guess is it was a leaky fuel line. The fumes must have ignited the fertilizer in the back of the truck. I'm sorry. I should have checked it better.
  • Clark: I'm just glad I was in the cab and not one of you guys.
  • Martha: (Hugging Clark tightly) Oh, sweetheart!
  • Clark: The truth is, I barely felt the heat this time. And the debris didn't leave any bruises. Martha and Jonathan share a concerned look.
  • Martha: As you get older, your body must be getting stronger.
Contex: The car was rigged to explode by Roger Nixon. It wasn't due to the fuel line.

That car was a 1988 GMC Sierra, and its explosion would produce energy equivalent to 0.0356106597 Tons of TNT. Even if the tank was only partly full, Clark didn't tank the full explosion, etc, it would still be Small Building level, especially since Jonathan says there's other combustibles and flammables in there.

Season 4/5
In Season 2 and 3, he's definitely stronger but has virtually no feats, so let's move on to Season 4. In Commencement, Clark tanks a meteor. The average male shoulder width is 0.4 meters and this was slightly smaller, so I'll assume its 0.3 m. The minimum speed of a meteor within the atmosphere is 11 km/s, so that impacted with 0.6 Tons of TNT, which is Building level.

These ratings are consistent with another feat in Hidde in Episode 3 of Season 5, which is takes place mere weeks after Commencement. In this episode, Clark withstands the shockwave of a nuclear bomb powerful enough to destroy the town of Smallville. He also tanks the ensuing fall.

Season 6-10
Now, finally the At least Large Country level ratings; Clark is scaled to Brainiac, whose power source (the black box) contains enough energy to destroy "half a continent". Firstly, the black box powered Brainiac indefinitely, and after its removal he relied on impermanent sources of energy, so his strength would not scale. Second, this same energy from the same episode as the "half a continent" quote killed Raya within seconds, and that likely wasn't the full power of the black box since Baern wasn't drained instantly. Lastly, Clark was unsure if the Crystal of Kal-El could even hold Baern at this power level, despite it holding Zod. It was successful, however, but it really goes to show the audience how powerful this guy is.

• Raya: Everything except the training your father wanted for you.
  • Clark: So, why are we here?
  • Raya: Baern is too dangerous to attack anywhere else. With the power he absorbed from the box, he could wipe out half a continent.
  • Clark: If he's that strong, will the crystal still work?
  • Raya: It should, provided we stay alive long enough to use it.
I'm not saying he shouldn't be Large Country level, just that he shouldn't be "At least" Large Country level.

Season 9 Clark is also a lot stronger and faster than his Season 6-8 self. In early Season 8, Clark is oneshot by Faora, yet he's comparable to Zod and other Kryptonians of similar strength by Season 9.

Lifting Strength
Clark actually has a couple of feats that place his early lifting strength in the Class 25 range. Also, these aren't outliers since his feats of lifting cars are absolutely casual.

In Vortex, Clark lifts a mobile home with moderate effort. I'm fairly sure this should weigh more than 10 tonnes. In Perry, Clark tosses a tractor across the Kent's farmland.

Speed
This'll be covering everything from Season 1 to 5, not 6-10.

Season 1/2
In Season 8, Abyss, a flashback to the eight grade shows that Clark could run from his loft to a library in Smallville within seconds. However, this seems like a major outlier.

In Hug, Clark appears to be much faster than a bullet. In this same episode, he moves a bit faster than a bullet to save a man. In Season 2, he melts a bullet in mid-flight, and in Season 3 he very casually catches a kryptonite bullet. This is very consistent with Clark casually moving at FTE speeds throughout Seasons 1 and 2.

In Season 2, Episode 8 Ryan, Clark runs from Smallville to Hub City (425 miles) in a matter of minutes. Even if he took 10 minutes, this would still be in the Supersonic+ range.

Season 4/5
In Void, Clark runs from Kansas to Honduras in 10 seconds. This is consistent with Hidden, where he sees a nuke capable of leaving the atmosphere in slow motion.

Conclusion
Attack Potency/Durability: Wall level (Powerless) | Small Building level (Season 1-3) | Building level (Season 4-5) | Large Country level (Season 6-10) | At least Large Star level, likely much higher

Speed:
Supersonic | Supersonic+ (Season 1-3) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Season 4-5) | FTL (Season 6-10) | Massively FTL+ flight speed, and combat speed

Lifting Strength: Peak Human | Class 25 (Season 1-5) | Class K (Season 6-10) | Class Y+

Actually, I took a look at the meteor again. He didn't get hit at all.

There's a few, but it's mostly outrunning them. For example, Clark claims he escaped the brunt of Evan Gallagher's blast and he powered through a C4 explosio (Sorry about the music, it's the only one I could find).

Well, yes, there is, but it should be pointed on the "Keys" part, since just adding the abilities in P&A doesn't actually show you he has a GL key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back