• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Slayer vs The Substitute

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
what is the Exact number of his soul resistance
It could range from 10 to 20. So we are going to need to know how many people ichigo can affect with his soul crush.

It doesn't range from 10 to 20. It is at best completely unqualifiable. Though it should be baseline

However considering how large Lost Souls are it definitely is less than 20.

Actually since Lost Souls are practically the same size as the Slayer in Doom Eternal the max number of Lost Souls that could hit him before they physically start to block each other would be 5 (one in front, back, sides, and above).

That assumes all 5 go for the soul attack at the same time, they all hit at the same time, and the Slayer didn't obliterated them before they hit.

Keeweed said:
Yeah the number is how we measure it but the character has to be stated or shown to resist soul manipulation. It's much more likely the 7-A Slayer just obliterates Lost Souls whenever he gets somewhat close to them, rather than multiple Lost Souls all managing to land suicide attacks on the Slayer all at once.
You do remember that DG was in hell for billions of years right? And the writers stated that the entire horde of demons could not make a single scratch. So the lost souls were defiantly hitting and hitting him in hordes.

I doubt out of the dozens of different types of demons in Hell, Lost Souls are the ones that quote is referring too. Even if it was that doesn't tell us how many Lost Souls used there soul attacks on the Slayer all at once. It's completely unknown how many Lost Souls even managed to get anywhere close to the Slayer, much less land a suicide move that can be easily dodged.

No demon can damage doomguy, period, no matter the amount of them. This is backed by the lore and the devs. Also, we still don't have that soul manip count for ichigo.

Btw, worth noting lost souls line up behind each other all the time.

Them lining up would give the Slayer baseline resistance because they would be hitting him one at a time with the soul attack rather than all at once. They need to all hit him at the same time for the Doom Slayer to have a higher resistance to soul manipulation.

I dunno man, I mean we are taking about a 0.001 second difference here. Does the soul defense stat automatically refresh during that time frame? I'm gonna throw down a red flag for that one ref.

That's not how it works. All the Lost Souls would have to hit the Slayer at the same time for it to scale to his resistance. If they don't all hit at once it doesn't count. It's like punching someone twice in a row, if the first punch did nothing the second punch is also going to do nothing.

I dunno man I'm gonna have to see an official review in that one.

Also when are we going to get Ichigo's soul manip stat?

DTG499 said:
I dunno man I'm gonna have to see an official review in that one.
I don't know what you mean by this so I'll ask you to make a CRT on the Slayer's soul resistance. Until then he is baseline.

DTG499 said:
He never was baseline what do you mean?
He was always baseline. Your the one arguing that he scales to dozens of Lost Souls while the Slayer's profile only scales him to a single one.

Sorry for not responding earlier. I had to work on something, I also have to go to work soon so I won't be able to comment again for a while.

It says Lost Souls and not lost soul because it refers to times throughout his adventures when they hit him. It is referring to different Lost Souls at different points of time, it is not referring to dozens of Lost Souls hitting him all at once.

Can I repeat? You are scaling DG to 20 at max while Ichigo is in the hundreds at the lowest lowball short of ignoring the manga. Reiatsu crush gg

I've also been told by other people that soul manip scale is very arbitrary and that is should be taken from a verse by verse basis. I've also been told that doomguy is vastly by an unquantifiable above baseline.

Ichigo has superior reiatsu to Yammy, Yammy's passive reiatsu can crush Tatsuki who resists Gonzui which is soul rip by the hundreds.

I am not. I am scaling reiatsu crush above Gonzui by feats. Even at his weakest, Ichigo's reiatsu was strong enough to screw over Rukia's senses, this key was told to calm down because his reiatsu would cover the world, higher end seated officers get nerfed in WoL so that their reiatsu doesn't start messing with the souls of people in their assigned area.

I don't recall those statements ever happening. Cover to whole world doesn't mean he would affect the souls. Mess with/affect doesn't mean killed or disintegrated. That would be inconsistent because the captain has his reiastu nerfed because he would affect the area not the world and ichigo is the same level at this point.

DTG499 said:
Whatever reiatsu can be counter by just having more energy. That's how it's been stated to work.
Pretending like that wasn't disproven multiple times in this thread.

Orihime has more "energy" than Yhwach and Ichigo.

The first one is a feat in the first chapter when Fishbone was coming for Ichigo.

The next is with Shinji when he reveals his Mask to Ichigo iirc.

The last is from Renji during their rematch in SS where he explains the Gentei Kaijo. It's also explained again during Grimmjow's invasion.

And I told you that's just inconsistent writing on their part. The aura has never affected anyone with higher AP.

DTG499 said:
And I told you that's just inconsistent writing on their part. The aura has never affected anyone with higher AP.
Your arguments are just straight bad.

First it was "AP gives you resistance to Soul Crush"

And then it's "More energy gives you resistance to Soul Crush"

And now it's once again "AP gives you resistance to Soul Crush"

You're trying whatever you can just so you don't have to admit DoomSlayer gets turned to mush from being in Ichigo's presence, I'm done wasting my time trying to convince you, the votes are in Ichigo's favor anyway so I don't really care what you say.

All of this because DoomSlayers Soul Resistance is garbage... Sorry, that's just the way it is.

AnonymousBlank said:
The first one is a feat in the first chapter when Fishbone was coming for Ichigo.

The next is with Shinji when he reveals his Mask to Ichigo iirc.

The last is from Renji during their rematch in SS where he explains the Gentei Kaijo. It's also explained again during Grimmjow's invasion.
Yeah no bud I'm gonna need to see some scans. I don't see any planetary range listed. Actually nvm don't both with the scans I'm assuming they got rejected by the site.

Wow Purgy you just went "lol argument bad" instead of just showing me a time where aura affected someone with higher AP or just showing me how orihime is not inconsistent. Smh

Orihime must be Planet level then because she could stand before ichigo and Yhwach, Soul Crush is already acepted as Soul hax not AP or any other stuff so this whole talk about AP is for nothing

DTG499 said:
Wow Purgy you just went "lol argument bad" instead of just showing me a time where aura affected someone with higher AP or just showing me how orihime is not inconsistent. Smh
Okay, find somebody else to listen to your drivel.

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
Orihime must be Planet level then because she could stand before ichigo and Yhwach, Soul Crush is already acepted as Soul hax not AP or any other stuff so this whole talk about AP is for nothing
Yeah just like how Roshi from dragon ball is moon level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back